Thread: Post Your UI

I wasn't really happy with my UI, so I have started rebuilding.

It was inspired by base UI I was using before, MonoUI. In fact, I am still using the chat and mini-map from that UI. The player/target are ouf_Hank and I am using ouf_Brethren Raid Frames (but don't have them adjusted yet so no raid shots). This is just really a preview of a WIP that is about 85% done. If you have any questions about the addons visible, please feel free to ask and I am always looking for feedback. I am considering releasing this once I get it done (after I get permission of a couple of addon makers whose addons I modified)
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-03-21 at 08:34 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not happy with buffs and debuffs on the unit frames. I'll probably have a fiddle around with them and also remove keybind text off the actionbars.

Swapped over to cool-line instead of forte and still some minor fixes that annoy me.

With DBM - http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/a...1&d=1300455941
    Combat - http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/a...2&d=1300455941
    Updated DBM Skin - http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/a...3&d=1300459171

Icon or no Icon?

Download
    Last edited by Hulari; 2011-03-18 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikth View Post
    My first attempt at a minimal UI. Not shown are Omen and DBM. Also making use of TweakWoW. I'm thinking of changing up the font. I'd still like something pixelated but easier to read. Let me know what you guys think.

PS... It's really minimal! And the cooldown bar is just the cooldown module from forte exorcist. The reason being that it has a secondary splash that displays abilities coming off cooldown like many other cooldown pulse mods.
    Nice attempt, but still much room for improvement. First of all FIX THE PIXELFONT SIZE. They look good only at certain sizes (depending on font) so try until you find it (the one on cd bar seems good). Also, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME" all of them.

Last work: http://i.imgur.com/BYQuG.jpg
    Many things to fix, I'm thinking about a cooldown bar but i'm just too used to omnicc style. Criticism always accepted. (I'm going to change all the white borders to black and look if it's better)

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'm not happy with buffs and debuffs on the unit frames. I'll probably have a fiddle around with them and also remove keybind text off the actionbars.
    Swapped over to cool-line instead of forte and still some minor fixes that annoy me.
    Icon or no Icon?
    Nice work as always^^ i want to know how to make the aggro glow! Still, raid frames are kinda meh, especially with the hp going out. And icon all the way^^
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2011-03-19 at 05:16 AM.

I'm insanely picky on my UI and I've been trying forever to create a UI myself.

What I look for/try to make:

• Minimalistic (no oversized frames, or portraits on them)
    • Symmetrical (if not it bothers me)
    • Multi-character usable (I'd like to be able to use the same UI on all)

But so far I haven't really been able to make or find one that I'm happy with.
    I've tried TukUI, LUI, SkaarjUI, and I just haven't been able to settle.

I know I'm not posting a UI but I didn't think another topic was appropriate.
    Anyone as picky as I am? Trying to look for any kind of tips/recommendations.

I use tukui simply because it's oUF plus everything else styled accordingly.

If you want minimalism, get oUF and write your own layout. It's the best way imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's mine still haven't found a good unitframes that I like though.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-03-19 at 01:37 PM.
    I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS.-Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Mayor of a Little Village up the Coast, Mistress of Magma and Lord of the Dance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-03-19 at 01:37 PM.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Uhhhh... apparently I need to be registered to your guild forums to view your ss?

---------- Post added 2011-03-19 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raeonn View Post
    Here's mine still haven't found a good unitframes that I like though.
    http://img708.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...811230500.jpg/
    Go to wowinterface.com and try some ouf layouts. Also I would recommend reducing the amount of action bars you need and then limiting the size of your bottom frame area. That will give you either the space to minimize your layout or the space to add more to it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikth View Post
    Uhhhh... apparently I need to be registered to your guild forums to view your ss?
    Yeah, Sorry about that. The link has been updated.

Death improves everyone's reputation...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, question, I found one but, for some reason it still shows my blizzard frames and I can't use the standard /script hide() command. If someone can help it's greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS.-Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Mayor of a Little Village up the Coast, Mistress of Magma and Lord of the Dance.

Right action bar is actually a mouseover bar, with a frame around it, but it displays on screenys.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-03-21 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted

This is my new one. Couldnt find one in raid/combat since Im pretty much having a break atm.

PM me if you got any questions.

(dno why the pic is so small, Ive got 1920x1080 resolution :c )
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-03-19 at 02:41 PM.

Mulgorea
    - My new UI (LUI).

Happy with it overall but still feels like somethings missing and i'm not sure what! Just took abit time to figure out how to set some stuff. Petbar is now moved under my own healthframe instead of overwritting the maelstrom "counter". Can't rightclick off my offhand weapon imbue still, that's the most annoying issue I have with it right now. (Can rightclick off the mainhand imbue though :S). Let me know if you know how to fix this.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-03-21 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    So insanely hot, I'm so gonna download that!
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-03-21 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Three days ago I get inspired by Iyona's UI (posted on "Post Your UI"-thread, page 131). After loads of key bindings and hidden/fading bars. My new minimal UI is ready.
    On idle:
    http: //i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/hk_2/WoW/Idle.jpg
    Raid (For some reason healbot thinks that we have 11 persons on 10-man raid. UI reload did not fix this):
    http: //i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/hk_2/WoW/WoWScrnShot_032011_214145_f.jpg

I'm not yet allowed to post links or pictures. You know what to do to make it work.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2011-03-20 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typos corrected. Sorry Treeston, I broke the links again. "I guess it doesn't bend that way!"

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is mine :

A lot of it his hidden unless in raid or combat such as for example dbm bars and omen on the right and boss frames on the left

10+ Year Old Account
    What mod do you use for buttons? ^

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    I'm insanely picky on my UI and I've been trying forever to create a UI myself.

What I look for/try to make:

• Minimalistic (no oversized frames, or portraits on them)
    • Symmetrical (if not it bothers me)
    • Multi-character usable (I'd like to be able to use the same UI on all)

But so far I haven't really been able to make or find one that I'm happy with.
    I've tried TukUI, LUI, SkaarjUI, and I just haven't been able to settle.

I know I'm not posting a UI but I didn't think another topic was appropriate.
    Anyone as picky as I am? Trying to look for any kind of tips/recommendations.
    As for unitframes all the standard addons such as Pitbull, Shadowed Unitframes, StUF will support turning off the portraits.
    Addons such as Align will toggle an on-screen grid to allow accurate placement of elements.
    Using profiles for addons or the use of Reflux could allow the use of the same UI on multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Using profiles for addons or the use of Reflux could allow the use of the same UI on multiple characters.
    I know about that, I just mean some chars use a lot more action bars than others. So say I had one that had it set like this:

[--Pet Bar--]
    ---Space---
    [---Bar 1---]
    [---Bar 2---]

I'd like it to then look like this if I only have 1 bar:

[--Pet Bar--]
    ---Space---
    [---Bar 1---]

Instead of:

[--Pet Bar--]
    ---Space---
    ---Space---
    [---Bar 1---]

But that's just me discussing my preferences.

Nunally
    Could you please tell me name of font(s) you used here?