Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

PTR 4.0.3 - Build 13287, Tier 11 Preview, Blue Posts

PTR 4.0.3 - Build 13287
    A new build has been deployed on PTR servers, all the spell changes are listed below, yes, all of them.

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Racials

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Combat
    • Recuperate now restores 2% of maximum health every 3 sec, down from 3%.

Subtlety

Tier 11 - Final Models Preview
    The Tier 11 Armor Sets are finally in-game and we now have a confirmation of how they're supposed to look like! Below is a short preview of both normal and heroic models for each class.

• Multi-Race screenshots will be available very soon. (= This week)
    • Mage do not have a matching non-set belt for their heroic set.
    • Warlocks do not have matching non-set boots for their heroic set.

Tier 11 - Male (HD, Medium, Small)

Tier 11 - Female (HD, Medium, Small)

Battlegrounds Developer Focus Test
    Originally Posted by Mumper (Blue Tracker)
    Attention, Cataclysm beta testers! Want your shot at camping developers at the graveyard? This Thursday, November 11 beginning at 4 p.m. PST, we'll be holding a focus test for Rated Battlegrounds on the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta realms. If you want to participate, all you have to do is form a raid group with nine other players and queue for Rated Battlegrounds. We'll be conducting this test in a 10- vs. 10-player setting using Warsong Gulch, Twin Peaks, and Battle for Gilneas as the locations, so be prepared for some sweet, sweet ownage. We're hoping to receive lots of feedback about Rated Battlegrounds, Twin Peaks, and Battle for Gilneas, so be sure to visit our official beta forums. You could be up against a team of developers in any given match, so be sure not to go easy on your opponents, especially if you see names like Mumper and Kalgan!

Lastly, be sure to keep the PvP momentum up by testing the new system. We want to make our new Rated Battlegrounds the best they can be!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Recruit-a-Friend and Worgens/Goblins leveling
    New goblin and worgen characters will indeed be eligible for Recruit-A-Friend benefits including increased experience gain and grantable levels. As we've no current plans to modify the Recruit-A-Friend program at this time or increase the level range for which the benefits apply, goblin and worgen characters (as with all other characters) will only be able to receive the in-game bonuses up to level 60.

So, to answer your questions directly:
    Would the 300% xp bonus work till 60?
    Yes.

Would the Level Granting work till 60?
    Yes.

This is, of course, bearing that all requirements for those benefits are met.

Please keep in mind, as well, that there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race, so this will not place goblin or worgen characters at any sort of unique advantage.

Any plans on bumping when the 300% exp gets cut off? 60 levels out of 85 is absurdly low.
    Nope. No plans at this time. (Source)

Removed reputations and achievements
    While players will be unable to increase their reputation with the Zandalar Tribe following the shattering of the world, the reputation itself will still exist and count towards various "Raise X reputations to Exalted" achievements*.

This means that if you currently have 39 reputations at Exalted -- including the Zandalar Tribe -- and show this number on your Achievement tracker, you will still have 39 reputations at Exalted (and be credited for them) in Cataclysm. You'll also retain credit for any related achievements you've already earned.

* This includes both character and guild achievements. (Source)

Razzashi Hatchling companion pet
    If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering.

[...] When we made the original announcement last month that certain pets and mounts would be removed, it was to inform players of changes that could potentially impact their gameplay. We know that there are many avid collectors out there and, whenever possible, we want to give players notice when a favorite item might be removed. In that same announcement, we also clarified that, while we didn't have any current plans to re-introduce the specified pets and mounts, if we happened to find a suitable location to add them back in, we would certainly consider it.

Totally reasonable, right?

Since then, we found an appropriate place for the Razzashi Hatchling, and it felt like a good opportunity to restore a pet beloved by so many. Naturally, we were excited to share this information with all of you, as we knew a lot of players were saddened to hear about the little guy's initial departure. There was no malicious intent, no crazy conspiracy behind this decision. We saw an opportunity to make the game more enjoyable that meshed with our design goals, and we went with it. Simple as that.

In the end, the worth of the Razzashi Hatchling isn't solely measured in gold, and it would be a fallacy to think that we create non-combat pets simply to provide players with something to sell on the Auction House for profit. To many, pets like the Razzashi Hatchling represent something fun and exciting, and that's just as valid a currency as any in World of Warcraft.

While I'm sorry you're at a financial disadvantage now, I'm hoping you're still be able to enjoy the pet for what it is (re: an adorable, head-bobbing reptilian sidekick) -- or, given that it will still be a rare pet, perhaps even find someone who will adopt it for a reasonable price. Good luck. (Source)

Class mounts in Cataclysm
    The class-specific mount quests will no longer be available following The Shattering; however, the mounts themselves can still be learned from class trainers. (Source)

Classes
    Rated Battlegrounds abilities restrictions
    We know about this issue and plan to have it corrected in time for launch. All class abilities will work as normal in rated battlegrounds. Consumables and engineering items will still be restricted, just like arenas. (Source)

Vengeance in PvP
    If a couple of people are beating on a tank, Vengeance isn't likely to stack very high. You need to take damage that is a big chunk of your whole health pool, which typically only bosses are available to provide.

Now if you have several folks beating on a tank flag carrier, then Vengeance may stack up, but once you have several people, you almost certainly have a way to dispel the Vengeance or just CC the tank.

If Vengeance ever gets to be a problem in PvP, we'll just remove it, plain and simple. The mechanic is only there to help with raid gear scaling, not to give tanks a fun toy for PvP.

Thank you. Please do not let Prot specs get out of control again.
    We're hoping that Rated BGs give Prot specs a useful role similar to tanking in defending towers, carrying flags, etc. A tank in an Arena needs to have a lot of control and damage just like everyone else to be competitive, which coupled with their inherent survivability and resistance to being controlled got us into trouble. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Diseaseless Blood
    A lot of the concerns about diseaseless Blood play make a few assumptions:

-- Someone else is providing the tanking debuffs (presumably without a major dps hit).
    -- You can AE tank fine without diseases.
    -- You won't use Outbreak.
    -- Your threat generation will be fine without diseases (or at least the trade off will be worth it).

Those are all risks, but I don't think there is enough evidence yet how they will all play out at 85. We're still a long way from the diseaseless dps rotations of yore. If they do all turn out to be true, to the extent that skipping diseases becomes the typical way that tanking DKs play, then we're likely to do something. Something could include giving Heart Strike or Death Strike slightly more dependent on diseases.

Recall however that we changed things to their current state because too much ramp up time for a tank can be really painful. You don't want to have to get all your diseases up before you start generating decent threat, and when DKs are balanced around so much self-healing, you can't be expected to always have time to get diseases up when you really need that Death Strike heal. Perhaps there is room to come down a little. We'll see how things play out. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Leader of the Pack
    Leader of the Pack now causes you to heal for 4% of your total health and gain 4% of your maximum mana. Down from 8%.
    This seems to be a tooltip bug. The actual Leader of the Pack (internally) says 4% of health and 8% of mana. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Kill Command
    We made a couple of fixes to make Kill Command more usable. The pet will no longer check for range or facing since there is already a check in place when the hunter tries to use the ability. This should make Kill Command feel less laggy and should never burn the cooldown or Focus without executing the attack. See how it feels in the next beta or PTR build. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Seal of Truth "nerf"
    The most recent Seal of Truth change was just a tooltip correction. The numbers did not go down. We did nerf Censure and raise Exorcism in a previous build, but that should not be new information. (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    How come blind has such a long cooldown?
    While the effects of Blind will interrupt on damage, the ability itself is neither a disease nor can it be dispelled. (Perhaps you're recalling how, at one point in time, Blind was classified as a poison effect?)

Regardless, one of the great strengths of Blind is that it can be used instantly while under pressure. You can use it to neutralize an attacker, to interrupt a healer who would otherwise save your target's life, or to stop an escaping victim in his or her tracks; the list goes on. The three-minute cooldown on Blind helps mitigate its potency and versatility just enough to ensure that the ability isn't spammed or otherwise abused.

Overall, though, between Gouge, Blind, Sap, and other stuns, we feel that rogues currently have very strong CC in both PvE and PvP environments. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Enhancement and caster weapons
    We'll make sure Enhancement doesn't want to use caster weapons. That's not the sort of thing we are likely to just sit back and let happen. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    ugly druid tier is ugly

Can't have alliance having a good PvP racial now can we ... it is more than a little sickening to see the alliance racials all get nerfed while the much better horde racials have been left untouched.

AoE stuns fine ... AoE silences, fine ... Tauren racial giving an extra 5k health at lvl 85 fine ... Orc and troll racials being far and away the best PvE damage racials for pretty much every class ... fine, Every man for himself ... given a 3 minute cooldown making it basically useless, Worgen sprint now gains you as much distance as the goblin rocket jump except it takes a lot longer to do the movement and you don't get a quite strong mini nuke you can use as an alternative.
    Last edited by Sulika; 2010-11-11 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hate the priest gear, what happened to priest gear to looking like , well priestly.

Deleted
    Warlocks do not have matching non-set boots for their heroic set
    It's a slap in the face!

When I look at the warlock's helm all I see is "They Went Thataway..."

Could see the nerf to recuperate comming.

I love the mage tier 11 set so much i'm gonna make my mage my main at the start of cata!
    Last edited by kildal; 2010-11-11 at 11:34 AM.

still no frost nerfs

Love the 'heavy weight champion of the world' belt sizes!

Could you show those sets with every race/class combination instead of just human which look as if there's a stick up their ass all the time. Most sets look terrible on humans while they might look better on different races.

EDIT: OK read that multi race screens are coming, I'm way to fast on commenting without reading.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2010-11-11 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Much more reactivity to nurf rogues than to fix them, ha ?

And Blizzard did it again. T11 looks godawful. Save for the Mage one of course. Sometimes I wonder if they even bother having anyone but a 16y old intern design the sets.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balls on chin mages.

Makes me lol.

Deleted
    Awesome Priest T11 <3

i thought they were just introducing holy cows come cataclysm, now it seems like there are holy chickens as well..

and as always, the druid tier makes me want to cry

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    Can't have alliance having a good PvP racial now can we ... it is more than a little sickening to see the alliance racials all get nerfed while the much better horde racials have been left untouched.

AoE stuns fine ... AoE silences, fine ... Tauren racial giving an extra 5k health at lvl 85 fine ... Orc and troll racials being far and away the best PvE damage racials for pretty much every class ... fine, Every man for himself ... given a 3 minute cooldown making it basically useless, Worgen sprint now gains you as much distance as the goblin rocket jump except it takes a lot longer to do the movement and you don't get a quite strong mini nuke you can use as an alternative.
    Grass is always greener... sure orcs and trolls have racials who's benefit can be modeled and simulated, there are plenty of alliance racials that are just as useful, being able to cheese boss mechanics with an always on PvP trinket or escape artist, getting +expertise on a few types of weapons, I can't tell you how many times a Gift of the Naaru has saved me on my mage. Cheesing people with Shadowmeld on my druid and rogue? Yeah... if Dark Flight wasn't balanced for all the classes it was available to, then trust Blizzard, if they made it completely useless they will fix it.

And I doubt: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20550 is going to give you 5,000 hit points @ level 85, unless we're all going to have 100,000 hit points naked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really like the purple Priest set. Can't wait to roll one

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the nerf to Darkflight guarantees that it'lll be yet another Worgen racial that will never be used and is now extremely underwhelming. /sigh

Also... DK's and Hunter's T11 sets look like shite.

Why do the heroic mode versions all look worse? I don't understand.
    Check the hunter one for example. The normal mode version has a fitting green design. The heroic version is an ugly brown/red colormix.
    Or he druid one. Normal Version is a great blue-style. The heroic one is ugly brownish. Same to nearly all other sets. Heroic looks ugly with colors that don't match very good.

Took them that long to nerf a worgen Racial?