Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Archaeology change?

There's a thread in the profession forums on the WoW forums saying since the servers came up digsites are giving randomly 3-6 fragments per dig.

Can anyone confirm this? If so this would mean you could with perfect luck get 18 fragments per site instead of 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just got 6 ss going up soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

NOOOOO! I leveled it to 300 allready and NOW they change it? damn! =D Atleast im not 450 yet lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Linry thank you for the SS!

Well it's a bandaid fix but I guess it's better than nothing.

Time to /crossfingers I get 18 on each Tol'vir site. -_-

Another confirming ss: http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...410_122419.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    the first time i saw 4 spike up i was like what? then my second dig site gave me 6 im so happy right now XD ive been maxed in archaeology for 3 days now though lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

sigh at 440 and now it becomes less gay. At least as a mage I dont spend 15 minutes flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    the first time i saw 4 spike up i was like what? then my second dig site gave me 6 im so happy right now XD ive been maxed in archaeology for 3 days now though lol
    same, i was quite surprised when i got 6 twice in a row, lol

Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post
    Well it's a bandaid fix but I guess it's better than nothing.

Time to /crossfingers I get 18 on each Tol'vir site. -_-

Another confirming ss: http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...410_122419.jpg
    Bandaid "fix" implies it was broken in the first place. Care to specify what you mean by that?

Remember, just because you don't like something doesn't make it broken, people.

Quote Originally Posted by neobahamut20 View Post
    sigh at 440 and now it becomes less gay. At least as a mage I dont spend 15 minutes flying around.
    The grind to max skill is nothing compared to the grind to whatever item you are trying to get.

Bandaid "fix" implies it was broken in the first place. Care to specify what you mean by that?
    Sorry but if I can grind archaeology for 6 hours making the same commons ad nauseum before I see one Tol'vir digsite, that is broken. There is no plausible reason you should have to continue grinding races you have already completed every item for until the RNG clock decides you can have one digsite of the race you want.

And obviously devs considered it broken because they changed this. I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes coming.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-14 at 05:32 PM.

525 skill days ago and now they apply a slight fix -_-

already live on EU servers?

Doing Photoshop requests.

Sorry but if I can grind archaeology for 6 hours making the same commons ad nauseum before I see one Tol'vir digsite, that is broken. There is no plausible reason you should have to continue grinding races you have already completed every item for until the RNG clock decides you can have one digsite of the race you want.
    The plausible reason is that it's intended to be a long grind, and that they don't intend for everyone to grind out every reward in the first week.

There was nothing wrong with Archaeology prior to this change. There are few things left in the game that are long, SOLO grinds, and I was quite enjoying this one. This change is nice, because it brings some more excitement to looting a dig, but I hope it's NOT a sign of more nerfs to come.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jantimirlol View Post
    That would appear to be the case.

US is up as well, I just got 6 6 4, One frag from my mount! Awesome change.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    The plausible reason is that it's intended to be a long grind, and that they don't intend for everyone to grind out every reward in the first week.

There was nothing wrong with Archaeology prior to this change. There are few things left in the game that are long, SOLO grinds, and I was quite enjoying this one. This change is nice, because it brings some more excitement to looting a dig, but I hope it's NOT a sign of more nerfs to come.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 11:37 AM ----------

That would appear to be the case.
    Well i'm sorry if you can't distinguish the difference between grinding towards a goal and grinding random shit that has absolutely no effect on your goal.

It's the equivalent of running 25 mile footrace except every 90 seconds the finish line changes location, and when you finally reach the finish line they tell you there are multiple finish lines, they all change location, you only have a 5% chance of picking the right one, and you have to start over if you pick wrong.

I don't expect any of the people grinding for Zin'rokh to understand this as they don't have to deal with Tol'vir.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-14 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jantimirlol View Post
    don't think so, went to a dig site, only getting 2x per.. although i'm only 37 archaeology

Well i'm sorry if you can't distinguish the difference between grinding towards a goal and grinding random shit that has absolutely no effect on your goal.

It's the equivalent of running 25 mile footrace except every 90 seconds the finish line changes location, and when you finally reach the finish line they tell you there are multiple finish lines, they all change location, and you only have a 10% chance of picking the right one.

I don't expect any of the people grinding for Zin'rokh to understand this as they don't have to deal with Tol'vir.
    You're completely missing the point. The "end goal" of Archaeology is NOT getting every epic available. The end goal is spending your time digging sites. For some of us, that is fun. If all you care about is the purple at the end, this isn't the profession for you. You're far better off grinding heroics for gear and getting into a raid. The epics from this profession will be useless in a tier anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alkama View Post
    don't think so, went to a dig site, only getting 2x per.. although i'm only 37 archaeology
    I'm guessing the 2 per is still in affect for <75.
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2010-12-14 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    You're completely missing the point. The "end goal" of Archaeology is NOT getting ever epic available. The end goal is spending your time digging sites. For some of us, that is fun. If all you care about is the purple at the end, this isn't the profession for you. You're far better off grinding heroics for gear and getting into a raid. The epics from this profession will be useless in a tier anyway.
    Except i'm not grinding for BOA epics i'm grinding for my alchemy mount which blizzard in all their infinite wisdom stuck in your 'just for fun' profession. YOUR end goal might be to just run around digging but if you can't grasp the concept of other people having different goals then you, then you are hopeless.

You probably don't care about server first boss raid kills or getting gladiator from arena but that doesn't mean you get to tell other people that those things don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkama View Post
    Still getting 9 fragments for each site with 525 archaeology, I would imagine we get the change tomorrow with the downtime, considering the US had downtime today.

I'm going for Zin'Rokh, and this change is very appreciated. And to the guy who said "Zin'Rokh grinders won't understand", you're wrong. Once you get 450+ Archaeology, you get less Troll Digsites since you now get useless/out of the way digsites like Vash and Highlands. I guess you could try Northrend, or just not solve past 450 until you have alot of frags...

Right now I'm just hording Troll fragments and not solving until I have atleast enough to get to 525 in one shoot, including atleast 13 attempts at Zin'Rokh. I hope that method works :P