Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I didnt type it, i copied tooltip from wowhead and if you dont read the whole damn thing...

Against nonplayers, only absorbs some harmful spells.
    Means that it will only work on some pve spells as it does.

Many abilities do not work on raid bosses and you dont see classes bitching because scatter shot, mind control, poly dont work on bosses.

Dark Simulacrum is a great idea on paper, but it can quickly become an "iWin" button if not...moderated. However, it is still a good cooldown design because you have to know when and how to use it. Blizz probably skimped and didn't put in all of the necessary "DS replica" spells for world mobs, and you're just using a basic "null" attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Impiccato View Post
    Very true with the outbreak comment, its a staple in my rotation for my offspec which is unholy. I don't much like it for blood however, it produces no runic power so I'd prefer to start off with strikes as chances are by the time I've applied them both I have enough to runic strike. However thats my personal opinion and as I have yet to have an issue of losing aggro while applying diseases I'm hard press to change it yet. Also by the same merit I don't run heroics much anymore so my comments are from a more raiding stand point.
    Outbreak adds some starting survivability if you use it on a pull (In the from of Frost Fever 20% attack speed reduction right off the bat and the extra Death Strike on the pull). What I do on a boss pull (Though this is strictly heroics)... Drop a DnD in front of the boss. Outbreak and run in when the UH rune is 4 seconds into the recharge (Adds a bit of DnD threat at no cost of runes because that UH rune is recharged by the time I go to use my 2nd Death Strike). Hit taunt a split second after outbreak so I've got 3 seconds of the boss hitting me and not running off to pound a trigger happy dps. Blood Boil (that's for the debuff, as well as outbreak), then Death Strike for Blood Shield. Death Grip just in case a dps crits his pants. Heart Strike then Rune strike and the boss is stuck to me. Then Death strike. The healer's happy I'm not dead on the pull, and the DPS are free to run rampart even on the get go.

That's just my method and why I use outbreak to pull :P

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froman21 View Post
    I didnt type it, i copied tooltip from wowhead and if you dont read the whole damn thing...

Means that it will only work on some pve spells as it does.

Many abilities do not work on raid bosses and you dont see classes bitching because scatter shot, mind control, poly dont work on bosses.
    ok so when did i say it was a raid ability? you just repeated what you said without changing anything...
    to top that off i also included raid trash. DS works on less than 5% of bosses (the 5% meaning i haven't tried it on every boss but so far i haven't found 1). So what you mean is that it works well on non group mobs running around the world and only copies 50-80 of the damage... ok that makes it useless there...
    Doesnt work on bosses... pretty useless there too
    Only works on 15% of group trash... ok this doesn't make me keep it on my bar but at least i can use it once or twice
    works on pvp... Bingo. Basically its a pvp only ability.
    ok... so as i said it not only does what you said but it DOESN'T do what IT says by duplicating the spell exactly.

... i lost your point somewhere.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Outbreak adds some starting survivability if you use it on a pull (In the from of Frost Fever 20% attack speed reduction right off the bat and the extra Death Strike on the pull)
    Where is this extra Death Strike coming from? Does outbreak give you a free DS when you use it?
    Damn i missed that talent when i speced.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    Where is this extra Death Strike coming from? Does outbreak give you a free DS when you use it?
    Welcome to the death knight class. We use a resource system called runes, you might want to read up on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Welcome to the death knight class. We use a resource system called runes, you might want to read up on it.
    welcome to the real world where you have to make sense.
    DK tanks don't need diseases in their rotations. not even for aoe. sure you can if you need the extra threat but it doesn't need it so this doesn't mean anything. Applying a disease Via Plague strike would be a newb fail move for a dk tank. you might wanna read up on that.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

Assuming that you need to supply the attack speed debuff yourself you want frost fever up. Without outbreak that would mean using icy touch more often, which means fewer death strikes. It makes perfect sense, but this thread isn't about the usefulness of outbreak for tanks anyway.

welcome to the real world where you have to make sense.
    DK tanks don't need diseases in their rotations. not even for aoe. sure you can if you need the extra threat but it doesn't need it so this doesn't mean anything. Applying a disease Via Plague strike would be a newb fail move for a dk tank. you might wanna read up on that.
    Yes, you do. Frost Fever gives that super-awesome -20% attack speed debuff. Unless someone else brings it, you do it.

Deleted
    i use the spell when ever i can on caster mobs while questing or in dungeons, but 80% of the time i hit 40 with it, completely useless most of the time atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Yes, you do. Frost Fever gives that super-awesome -20% attack speed debuff. Unless someone else brings it, you do it.
    well since in a raid there are at least 9 other people and 9/10 times 1 of those brings it no you don't need diseases in your rotation. If you did you use outbreak so you don't waste those precious runes.
    but thanks for playing.

---------- Post added 2011-01-05 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Assuming that you need to supply the attack speed debuff yourself you want frost fever up. Without outbreak that would mean using icy touch more often, which means fewer death strikes.
    why would you not use outbreak as opposed to wasting runes?

That's my point, outbreak is a survivability increase because it saves runes.

And your reply to CookieEater is flawed because there are plenty of situations where a death knight tank is going to need to apply the slow debuff, and outbreak is unreliable.

It works in a very small amount of spells. I know the Defias Envokers in (H) Deadmines, you can steal that and it does ~90K damage.

not sure what you meant when i NEVER said it was a raiding spell but just for the sake of making a new post

I guess since Scourge strike doesn't say "raid spell" on it i shouldn't use it in a raid right?
    or how about Icy Touch? that is a ranged ability... well I'm a melee class so i shouldn't use it in a raid right?

If the ability only functions in ONE aspect of the game then yes it is useless. if Chains of ice NEVER worked on a raid target no one that RAIDS would have it on their bar.

I never said it HAS to. but again lets use what you said.

Pretty sure YOU typed this.
    Reread what it says

If it doesn't do what it says then either the WORDING is wrong which means its broken or the spell is broken period.
    Either way it is broken, hence needs to be fixed.
    if it doesn't "unleash an exact duplicate of that spell" as the tooltip says then obviously its broken.
    It distinctly says "Against nonplayers, only absorbs some harmful spells". By "Absorb" it means it only copies and queues up certain spells to be used.

My friend stole a Shaman's Blood Lust in Arena, of course, we don't have a Shaman... so we won hahaha, epic arena.