The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    account wide, it's to gate market inflation and botters though tbh I've haven't seen botters since the first month. I remember like 30 ranger bots in the norn starter area farming bear spawns for some reason.
    Hrm...seems it is account wide only for dungeons, is character and zone specific for open world, and can be avoided simply by switching characters according to the wiki. Thought I'd dig into it because I want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot.http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I haven't heard anything about DR on drops, only on event rewards and karma.
    Doesn't matter still, I am never able to keep up farming for that many hours. It's amazing if I pull off one hour.
    The wiki does state loot from enemies is affected, but it's per zone per character and can be reset by logging on another character and them back on your normal one.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Oh I see. Well that's an easy solution lol

I got a 3 day suspension from the forums for suggesting that Marjory and Kasleen (w/e her name is) have a lesbo sex scene next LS patch lol. not saying I didn't deserve it but I think it would be pretty cool hehe

sex scenes in video games always look incredibly awkward. I wouldn't want such a scene.

Deleted
    I really don't like such things in games :') If you do it, do it well lol. I don't get it why they feel the need to use such thing.

Edit: okay let me point out I meant sex scenes. Now it looks as if I don't agree with same gender love ._.
    Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2014-07-15 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I got a 3 day suspension from the forums for suggesting that Marjory and Kasleen (w/e her name is) have a lesbo sex scene next LS patch lol. not saying I didn't deserve it but I think it would be pretty cool hehe

Zzzz.

I like that they're X-sexual friendly, I'd rather them keep it that way than make a spectacle of things.

[Note the following is based on not having finished all the storylines so please don't spoil if I'm missing an important detail]

If any same-sex couple needs to get together, it's Logan and Rytlock
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    [Note the following is based on not having finished all the storylines so please don't spoil if I'm missing an important detail]

If any same-sex couple needs to get together, it's Logan and Rytlock
    Logan is too obsessed with Jenna.

I wasn't crazy about him honestly. Only really liked Caithe and Eir in the original, but I don't really like anyone in this new one either. Everyone kinds just bores me. Only major characters I found interesting from my perspective have been Jenna and Anise.

__

I think I need to save up for a permanent hair style kit.

__

Also this is cool
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

yeah, people love Largos

Deleted
    Destroyer Scythe :O SCYTHE - new weapon? DERVISH?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_scythe

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Destroyer Scythe :O SCYTHE - new weapon? DERVISH?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_scythe
    It's a staff which is in the game for quite a while now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    It's a staff which is in the game for quite a while now
    But destroyer staff (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_Staff) is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    But it's still classed as a staff and so far nothing available in the game uses it. It's just there in the data files.

I have a question regarding ascended gear: You basically have to reach 500 in your respective crafting and then craft ascended weapons and armor, right ? That's how people usually get those items ?

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I have a question regarding ascended gear: You basically have to reach 500 in your respective crafting and then craft ascended weapons and armor, right ? That's how people usually get those items ?
    I know you can buy an ascended amulet for laurels (wpvp currency as well) - maybe rings as well?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Mostly, yes.
    They can drop from WvW chests or events like Tequatl, as far as I know. Never seen one myself and I am sure I never will.
    I got one ascended ring from doing fractals... that's it so far. RNG doesn't smile upon me in this game. ;]

Edit: like chrth mentioned, you can get some stuff for laurels, too (but no weapons/armor).

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I know you can buy an ascended amulet for laurels (wpvp currency as well) - maybe rings as well?
    Yes, you can actually get rings, amulets and accessories with laurels or less laurels and some pvp currency - at least that's my knowledge after browsing the laurel vendors in Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach and looking things up in the Guildwars 2 Wiki.

Ascended Weapon and Armor Chests do drop, I've seen two, but both times the stat combos were undesirable for anything I played. If you expect to get Ascended gear you'll actually use, crafting is the way to go for most of it. Armor, Weapons and Back Pieces are best crafted. Accessories and the others can be gotten from Laurel vendors and some other ways(I personally used Laurels). The hope is one day Ascended Jewelcrafting will be added to make up for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fractal relics, guild commendations, Badges of Honor from WvW and Laurels can all be used to get Ascended trinkets. In addition to the drops of course (which are rare, except for fractal rings - you'll be swimming in rings if you run fracs.)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    yeah, people love Largos

There's really nothing to not like about them I wish we could interact with them more and learn more about them... but that would require a lot of underwater time and people seem to hate that

Yes, you can actually get rings, amulets and accessories with laurels or less laurels and some pvp currency - at least that's my knowledge after browsing the laurel vendors in Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach and looking things up in the Guildwars 2 Wiki.
    You can also get those with the commendations from doing guild missions. For weapons and Armor yea they can drop out of the major chests, but the best bet is crafting. On the upside once you get to 425 crafting you can start creating a stockpile of what you'll need to craft the items once you hit 500 crafting.