Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Closed Quest SRP] Spread Thin

You may not know me but I know of you. Given your skills and reputation I ask of you to meet me in the Inn of Ratchet on the 10th of this month to help me. Help me uncover a traitorous group intent on killing the Leaders of the Horde and Alliance and spread the new plague within their cities. Of course besides the obvious gains of honor and respect with your people you will be compensated with gold rewards from myself at the success of our mission.

If you choose to accept bring this letter with you and present it to warrior that will be waiting at the entrance to the inn and you will be shown to the room.

The bar is filled with lively music and quiet a few patrons that had just gotten off a week long boat trip and they were celebrating. Outside two warriors are seen waiting by the entrance both with serious looks on their faces as they watch everyone that comes in and scan the area as if on alert for someone. They both hold shields with the same painted symbol that was on your letter.

Upstairs in an unknown room Ryan sits at the head of a long table. He reads a book, The Betrayer Ascendant, while papers, scrolls and sketches are laid out in a seemingly organized fashion. A rogue sits on the windowsill, dressed in blackened leather and covered in different daggers and knifes along with two short swords. His hair is in a tight pony tail with a scar running down the side of his face just missing his right eye. He taps on the wood and Ryan closes his book. "About time the first one showed up."

((Welcome to my first RP. Starting a bit earlier than originally planned so people who will be joining us late because of an trip coming soon, please just wait till you get back as I have planned entrances for you))

Alliance Team:
    Ryan Tate - Myself
    Samus - Vadoor
    Bodde - Aramore
    Larthian Dawnbreaker - Shadow-cleave

Horde Team:
    Noxvari Shadowstalker - Syn
    Archilios Lightspire - Madgod
    Shujaa - Basse
    Ulay - Khorianas
    Thorn - Saerwen
    Earthmender Zen'tiri - Elyaan
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2011-07-13 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ser Samus's small boat ran aground on the sandy beach at the outskirts of Ratchet. Cloaked and hooded, Samus stepped out of the boat and into the sand, leaving deep impressions in that the waves soon washed away as the worgen made his way towards the goblin town.

Samus had set out from Northwatch Hold under the cover of darkness hoping to bypass the Horde patrols on the other side of the small bay. Luckily, his fellow Alliance soldiers had started a sortie onto the contested island in the middle of the bay and drew the Horde's attention away from the sea where the worgen was stealthily making his way past the Horde controlled waters. Strong waves from the sea almost capsized the small boat twice, but the worgen was able to bring the boat back under control before he could be spilled into the water. As the sun rose the next day Samus arrived at Ratchet.

As he entered Ratchet he downed the last of the strong Booty Bay liquor in his bottle before tossing it into the sea behind him. The fire water put a warming sensation in his chest that fought off the cold that his hidden plate mail had given him from the cold ocean. Samus then wiped his face clean, pulled his hood low, and made towards the destination that the letter stated. In his human form it was possible that he could be mistaken for a pirate.

* Samus approaches the warrior at the door

He silently hands the letter to the door guard, his eyes darting back and forth looking for any traps, while his other hand rests on the hilt of his sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the warriors held the card inspecting the front and then the back, then whispered, "Good. Head upstairs 4th room down on the left. Knock twice then pause then knock once more."

10+ Year Old Account
    Samus nodded then headed into the inn. The inn was lively, with people singing and drinking, seemingly without a care. The knight headed to the bar first, before making his way up the stairs. He bought a bottle dwarven ale and popped the top off, taking in a big swig of the strong beer. The taste of strong dwarven ale brought a smile to his face as he walked up the steps. When he reached the 4th room on the left he tied the bottle to his belt and placed his hands on the hilts of his swords. Using his foot, he knocked twice, paused, then knocked once more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The door swung open, a rogue stood there with a dagger already drawn and sidestepped allowing the human into the room. "Welcome Samus." Ryan said with his eyes still on his book and he pointed to a chair near on the right side of the table. "Take a seat and make yourself comfortable. You are the first to arrive so I am sad to say you will be waiting the longest, but we will be starting shortly."

10+ Year Old Account
    "No worries chap, I wont be bloody sad today, ive got me a warm drink tah keep me company. But I must ask though, how do you know me?"

Samus walked over to the right side of the table and propped himself down into a chair and placed his feet in another next to him, he was comfortable. He pulled the bottle out from under his cloak and popped the top off, taking a long drink while awaiting Ryan's response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan smiled, "Who do you think left that note for you in the first place?"

Larthian gazed down at the town of Ratchet, far below him. He continued to soar on the night's wind until he began to think that it was dark enough for him to slip into the small town. He glided down to the outskirts, where he took shelter and shapeshifted into his elven form. Standing up straight, he stretched his limbs and rubbed any soreness from flight out of his muscles. Scratching the stubble on his face, he picked up Attrition and set out to the inn, silently, watchfull of his surroundings.

As he entered the town, the darkness of the surrounding fields gave way to the bright glow of the night life. Hearty pirates and serving wenches laughed, joked, and prodded one another, all after some bit of coin or some excitement. He shook his head and continued towards the inn, using his oaken staff as a walking stick.

At the door, there was a man outside, seemingly waiting for something. Silently, Larthian held out his hand long enough for the warrior to take the card, the folded his arm back into his cloak. He waited for an answer, his cerulean eyes appearing as two bright orbs from underneath his hood.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the warriors held the card inspecting the front and then the back, then whispered, "Good. Head upstairs 4th room down on the left. Knock once then pause then knock twice more."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Your ah clever and sly man Ryan, and I just met ya," ​he said as he downed the last of the beer.

Larthian nodded to the warrior, then slipped into the inn. He stayed close to the wall and headed towards the stairs, avoiding the bar and contact with other people. A serving maid tried to stop him, but turned away from the look of his eyes.

He continued towards the stairs and up them, heading to the fourth room on the left. Firmly gripping Attrition with his right hand, he knocked once with the head of the oak staff, paused, then tapped twice more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again the door was opened and the stern looking rogue held his dagger at the ready but sidestepped and let the druid pass. "Welcome Larthian. Pick a seat on the right side of the table please." He flipped a page as he continued to read. "Hope the flight here wasn't too taxing."

Larthian nodded and walked past the rogue, glancing at the table in the room. There was a human sitting at the table, but he seemed... inhuman somehow. Larthian shook the thought away and leaned Attrition against the wall behind his chair.

Nodding to both humans, he sat down and took a flask filled with fresh stream water from his bag. He sipped at it and listened to the conversation quietly.

Deleted
    There was nothing to be heard, nothing to be seen. It was all entirely silent, peaceful, quiet. The door had never been opened till Samus had opened it. The windows had remained closed. Even so, a member of the group had already entered and seemed to appear through the wall at the far corner of the room. The silhouette of the assassin could barely be seen by those entering the room behind her. The first indication she seemed to give, that someone was there and had arrived, had been as she pulled the chair backwards with a low sound of woodwork against floor, as that broke the silence. The figure pulling back the chair wasn't very large at all. Short, slim, covered in black leather. A pair of green engineering goggles sitting in her forehead, as the forsaken like construct took place in her seat. With a slow movement she laid her hand onto the table, handing over the letter to Ryan alongside a note. ''Thorn Shadowtoe, at your service. Please also inform the others, that I am mute.''

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan smiled as he picked up the note, clearly not disturbed like his man at the door at the sudden entrance of this construct. The rogue had already drawn two daggers and was preparing to attack, "Calm down Tim," Ryan said as he held up his hand to stop the man. "This is one of our guests." Time sheathed his blades, his expression turning from surprise to annoyance, and turned again waiting at the door. "Quiet impressive as I would expect from you Thorn. Everyone else this is Thorn Shadowtoe. She is a mute but none the less a skilled person." Ryan fiddled with his something brass underneath his cloak and put it away before it could be seen clearly. "Yes just a few more and we shall be ready to start."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bodde had been eyeing the newcomers arriving at the bar for several minutes. For the most part they were sailors, stupid ones that had recently received their pay checks and were determined to spend it by the end of the night, but there had been a couple of arrivals that had piqued his interest. They'd both gone over to a guard outside, both asked the same question and as far as he could tell received the same answer. The most recent of which had just passed through the door.

Keeping within the shadows Bodde followed the newcomer through the inn and up the stairs to the fourth door and watched as she knocked out a particular pattern. The door opened in front of him and he slipped in just before it closed, finding himself in a room with four people and a long wooden table in the centre.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entrance of a member of the Horde put Samus on edge, but if he was worried he didn't show it. He thumbed the hilts of his swords under his cloak as his eyes past from the two newcomers. One was a high elf, but strange compared to the ones he had seen before, he wore the garbs of a druid. "Didnt knows the fancy elves could be druids." The Horde member appeared to be a forsaken construct, unlike any he had seen before. "And what is this creature?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Time drew his short sword faster than could be seen and held it to Bodde's neck, "Why do they have to sneak by....I came up with this brilliant place to be safe and secure as long as they followed the letter." He pulled his blade away and sheathed it. Ryan laughed and said, "Not secure from these folks and besides this is exactly why we are hiring them Tim, don't worry so much." Ryan got up and grabbed a bottle of cherry grog off a stand in the back and poured a glass. "Welcome Bodde and please take a seat on the right side of the table." Ryan sat down and began to drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bodde smirked as the man thrust his sword to his neck. "I knoo I didn't ave time to get through the daww." He said still smirking. "But then if oI hadn't oI'd've never got into the room in th first place so it's all swings and roundabouts isn't it? oI'll go pull up a pew"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clunk. Clunk.

Oh, how she hated this place - hated the heat, hated the dryness, hated the uncouth beasts that called the Barrens home, beasts that she was often asked to regard as her allies.. Ech. Greenskins and overgrown cows and trolls and even smaller greenskins - ech. The very thought made Nox sneer in distaste. The walk through Ratchet provided plenty of fuel for these thoughts, even moreso when she noted a number of human travelers stopping in the port town. Though these little goblins was politically neutral, that the Horde would tolerate their settlement in their own territory confused her, but not as much as the Horde allowing the Steemwheedle Cartel to offer transport to the Alliance.. right into their own back yard. 'Idiots,' she thought to herself, 'And they wonder why they lost half of the Barrens...'

A large sign hanging over a building announced the building as the inn. Without a moment's hesitation, Nox approached the warrior at the door with the scroll in hand, thrust it at him, and followed the given directions - all the while, the undead elf's eyes never left the man's, suspiciously watching his every move, noting his body language and the tone of his voice.. And then she swept off to the room that she had been instructed to go to. Without hesitation, she knocked the exact number of times with the correct pause, and then she arrogantly let herself into the room. At once, her brilliant white eyes noted the humans and the high elf in the room, and the corners of her lips tightened slightly. A second glance around the room made her notice Thorn - and Nox invited herself over toward the undead construct, figuring the best place for her to be was by one of her own.

She seated herself with a muted clunk of steel plates, leaned forward, and folded her hands on the table, taking the time to observe each of her apparent companions in turn. If this mission didn't involve killing traitors, she was incredibly certain that she would not at all be here, with these strangers, ones that she would ordinarily kill on sight - indeed, the urge to do just that was incredibly strong, but her weaponry stayed sheathed.