10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So, EU beta is still delayed?=(
    Have not heard anything about it starting yet. I suspect they will be included for the next wave. Oh, and the server location is still Austin, or maybe it was Dallas, so your ping could be brutal.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:31 PM ----------

Yep, heard a couple get emails wondering why they didn't accept their invites the first time. However, they never actually got invites the first time. I suspect Carbine's emailer had a glitch or two.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 08:57 AM ----------

Well for those still pondering, we finally have a pic of the fourth Exile race, leaked in the latest devspeak video.

Must admit that I was hoping for a more frankenstein looking bunch.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-05-15 at 12:31 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Ah really? I had seen that particular image posted up on WSC, on the relevant 'Last Exile Race Thread', but thought it had been shot down

I'll admit to being quite disappointed, but perhaps I'd let my imagination run away with me. This specific character looks far too much like a rough amalgamation of the Human and Granok models for my liking. Ah well...

Edit: Hmm, how concrete do you think this is SirRobin? I see the discussion on WSC is still raging: some think it is a Granok model, others an unannounced NPC race.
    Last edited by Dagzter; 2013-05-15 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Something tells me the devspeak guy is from Alabama. He sure acts friendly around sheep... huehuehue.
    You mean Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    You mean Ireland?
    I think you mean Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think you mean Scotland
    OIII!!! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzter View Post
    OIII!!! xD
    I thought people from Wales were that. So apparently, everyone but the English on those islands, are sheep shaggers? Good to know.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    I thought people from Wales were that. So apparently, everyone but the English on those islands, are sheep shaggers? Good to know.
    You have dragons that eat sheep in your country. I saw one with my own eyes when I watched the Triwizard Tournament a few years ago.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzter View Post
    Edit: Hmm, how concrete do you think this is SirRobin? I see the discussion on WSC is still raging: some think it is a Granok model, others an unannounced NPC race.
    I had pondered that myself, but not only do the forearms match up quite well with the one in the Exiles video? We also have the fingers. Granok appear to have three fingers in-game. That lady appears to have four. Must admit, though, that I wasn't really wanting space orcs.

Deleted
    Wildstar Wednesday, new patch notes!
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...sed_beta_2.php

I hoped for more, but I'm happy for what we got

Or wait, I was to early to judge!

"This week we wrapped up the first round of beta, and we've received tons of amazing feedback from our testers, so before we move on, a huge thank you to all of the participants! It's time to ramp up to Closed Beta Two: The Dominion! We're sending out a huge batch of invites this week to Closed Beta (not the stress test we mentioned last week, that's still coming up in the future), so keep an eye on your inboxes and spam boxes for emails from us should you get invited! And thanks to the feedback from a small group of testers we brought in from outside the US, we've decided to no longer region-restrict our invites. So regardless of your location in the world, you've got the same chance as anyone to get invited to our Closed Beta!"

DAMN IM HAPPY
    (living in EU)

Must... not... get... hopes... up...

I really like the rallying concept they got going. You get scaled down in level to instances that are lower level so there's still some challenge. That's fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I really like the rallying concept they got going. You get scaled down in level to instances that are lower level so there's still some challenge. That's fantastic.
    is this a choice? really really hope it is.

*edit*

read the patch notes more carefully.. and it is. awesome news.

"Rallying will be added in a future update, allowing you to scale down to level 20 to play Kel Voreth long after you've outleveled it."
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-05-15 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old Attribute names (Strength, Dexterity, Technology , Magic, Wisdom, Stamina) have been renamed for more WildStar-ian flair: Brutality, Finesse, Tech, Moxie, Insight, and Grit.
    Hehe... Moxie.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:53 PM ----------

Houston (Addon Creation Tool)
    Whoa... Already?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Rallying is just an optional feature. :I

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Aye it is Wales, it's not really used for the Irish and Scottish as they have seperate insults .

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long term viability allowing old content to be challenging complete with PvP scaling? Check. Very nice to hear. Hopefully Rallying is a choice for instanced content and will provide appropriate level loot compared to your actual level. Additionally, the language regarding PvE rallying says it doesn't exist, but then you will have to face the challenges at that level for rewards...seems like a derp moment in the writing.

Good signs though overall.
    New Feature: Mentoring!
    • This system allows a higher level player the chance to play together with lower level players without negatively affecting their progression.
    • While a Mentor, the higher level player loses no access to their unlocked or purchased skills. However, attribute-based milestones will be adjusted based on the Mentor’s stats at the Mentor Level.
    • Players will be specifically prompted to become a Mentor if they are six levels or higher above the lowest level player in the party, however any player can mentor a lower-level player (regardless of the level difference) by typing "/mentor" while grouped.
    • Players must be within group range of a lower level player to Mentor down to them.

New Feature: Rallying!
    • This system will allow players to enter instanced content at the level of the instance, facing its challenges at the level they were intended.
    • PvP Rallying is mandatory. All players will have their level and gear scaled up to max level of the content.
    • PvE Rallying does not exist in this round of Closed Beta and will be added in a future update. Expect to face challenges at the level they were intended for special achievements, rewards, and loot!
    BAD WOLF

^

Excellent additions, I approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel the burn, F5 key, feel the burn!

Oh well, I'm poor anyways.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:58 PM ----------

I do find myself pondering, however, if those of us who missed the followup survey are included in this wave? Or are they still basing the invites on system specs gathered in the surveymonkey from February.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh. Are they sending out keys only to those that did the survey? or what ever that thing was. I never got to do that one I think. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Mh. Are they sending out keys only to those that did the survey? or what ever that thing was. I never got to do that one I think. :3
    Well we got mixed signals with implying they were not going to use the survey anymore or they were making a new one. We never got an answer, that I can recall, on whether they were still using the results. As in, if used to determine who meets spec needs for this phase? Well, everyone who missed the survey in February is probably not even in the running yet.

Like me.