Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Uhhhm... Paladin AoE Healing shot to nothing now?

Holy Radiance was fine the way it was and now it's just.... unusable... Light of Dawn isn't THAT great and Holy radiance... same thing but it's even worse now... Are they just making Holy Paladins... just... Not AoE heal anymore?

EDIT: Now using it in LFR, I changed my thoughts about Holy Radiance. It turned out to be much better than I had expected and I was just tunnel visioning what I thought it was going to be. I am liking the new changes very much.
    Last edited by Namoiram; 2011-11-30 at 03:05 PM.

It's actually better then it was before.

Though, to be honest it feels like the mana cost is way to high, that may just be me.

Deleted
    I think your skill is the major contributing factor to you being bad at AoE Healing, not the spell design or balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    It's actually better then it was before.

Though, to be honest it feels like the mana cost is way to high, that may just be me.
    I do have to agree with that as well.

I don't mind the fact that it's targetable, I can live with that but I don't feel the need to add a 2 Second cast time to it. I really just don't want to use it that much now. I don't know i'll try playing around with it in LFR and see where it goes. I also miss Speed of Light with HR.

Eh, the old version was a pretty lackluster AoE heal, but I used it all the time as ret when I needed healing. It was so awesome when flying on alysrazor too! The new version, as a *RET* paladin, I find to be crap. If I was a holy Paladin actually trying to heal, I'd find it better than the old version, but would prefer it to last longer.

It lasts long enough to be honest. Just the ridiculous amount of mana needed is retarded.

It lasts long enough to be honest. Just the ridiculous amount of mana needed is retarded.
    Actually that would be perfect... What does it last like... 2 Seconds? Not really that great. But ehh. I think the biggest thing i'm gonna miss about HR is Speed of Light. That always made HR fun for me.

Dis a Troll Thread eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Namoiram View Post
    Actually that would be perfect... What does it last like... 2 Seconds? Not really that great. But ehh. I think the biggest thing i'm gonna miss about HR is Speed of Light. That always made HR fun for me.
    Yeah i'm definitely going to have to re-adjust when I use DP now ><

Yeah i'm definitely going to have to re-adjust when I use DP now ><
    I use HR and DP just to get the SPeed Boost sometimes... It's always something fun to have.

A Good Holy paladin does aoe healing they could never dream of before the HR fix. And consistently throughout a 6minute+ fight. You just know not to spam HRx3+LoD for 60 seconds straight and go oom. A comparison can easily be made to PoH, a priest that spams PoH for a minute straight goes oom, but PoH is still an Amazing spell for them. You just have to know how to effectively use it without overusing it.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    This has put Paladins on the top spot for aoe grouped up healing.

What are you talking about "shot to nothing"?

Seriously, tab through targets as you cast it and watch your numbers fly through the roof all the way to the god damn moon!

Deleted
    Holy Radiance is far more superior to its 4.2 counterpart. With it granting ALWAYS one holy power per cast, you can constantly blast 3HP Light of Dawns (buffed now to 6 players), contributing A LOT to raid healing and a whooping through Beacon of Light. That said though, you have to be smart using, it consumes a lot of mana.

why are people always so short sighted... all you see is

it now has a cast time
    you must target a person
    it deals slightly less healing than beffor
    dosnt give a sprint ( pvp )

you dont look at

it is now spamable
    you can now aoe heal without having to run around and hope you dont get nailed by a cleave
    you are able to target a group of people AWAY FROM YOUR LOCATION and throw aoe heals to another group that may be getting hit harder than yours.

as a holy paladin i can say that the new heal is realy very good. while yes it is a little mana heavy it is still very very strong compared to what it was beffor. but in the end higher end holy paladins wont look at it as nerfs but instead as buffs ( because they will see all the new areas they will be able to use this spell instead of the ( oh now i actualy have to stop and cast... i cant just hit the button and watch prity numbers for a few seconds ) )

you need to stop looking at this change and seeing nothing but nerfs, because in an actual raid enviroment you will find the new spell is FAR supperior to the old one.
    Last edited by meliancill; 2011-11-30 at 01:36 AM.

I agree in every way that HR has definitely improved in alot of ways.
    I was very sceptical at first, but when I went on the PTR I really started liking it (specially before the nerf).

I do however think the mana cost should be tweaked down a bit, It definitely shouldn't be spammed all the time, but a 7-10% mana cost (depending on gear obviously) is pretty ridiculous.

[/COLOR]
    After running a few times in LFR I have to say I change my mind about this. It's actually much better than I thought and I was just tunnel visioning the bad cons of it... which I feel differently about now.
    HOWEVER though I don't seeing it be AS effective as in 10mans but still be pretty useful.
    Last edited by Namoiram; 2011-11-30 at 02:05 AM.

Is this a troll? Tonight in dragon soul I didnt lose a single fight in healing, even on Morchok with 3 Holy Paladins we just ate his black ooze and healed

Try the mana cost of Healing Rain and then you can whine (:

I'm of two minds about this. 1) I really miss the mobility. The speed buff and also the transfer through the beacon were awesome on mobility fights. But 2) Light of Dawn now feels like an actual heal, seems to have a wider cone, and doesn't LOOK like Holy Vomit after a long night drinking. I remember when pallies had no mobility at all, so I'm not hurting as much as I might. The mana cost is high, but I'm not having mana issues as much as mobility issues. I heal in a 10 man, a 25 man may have more mana issues and less mobility problems due to a larger healing team.

Holy Radiance was fine the way it was and now it's just.... unusable... Light of Dawn isn't THAT great and Holy radiance... same thing but it's even worse now... Are they just making Holy Paladins... just... Not AoE heal anymore?

Does anyone understand the change at all? You get a HP when you use it. You can cast on a melee group or range group. If you're any good at managing HP, WoG and LoD offset the high mana cost. This change was a good one but once people really figure out how to use it, it will be op. Holy Pallys can aoe heal, you just don't understand how to do it. Pally's 2pc and 4pc are really geared to HR. 2pc gives mana reduction after DF, which you should use HR with. With the new regen from judging ONCE a minute, mana management should be easier anyway.