Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because that would be the most boring option they could ever have taken.
    No it wouldnt. The game had the most entertaining lore under Thrall's command. They tried changing the Warchief to get new "lore" and it sucked.

Under Thrall, we could have gone back to epic stories again.

But the current storytellers in Blizzard are so bad that they dont understand you need an epic leader to have an epic story.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

Deleted
    I really like it, Troll is my favorite horde race and I have always liked Vol'jin!

Blizz should've never gone with this whole Thrall Jesus storyline. It was pointless and lame and now we are stuck with troll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I really didn't want Vol'jin to become warchief, but there is a silver lining. Thrall and Garrosh are still alive. It could be a lot worse. I remember many players telling me that they can't wait to t-bag his dead body and stuff like that, but none of them will get the chance. I'm pretty happy with the ending lorewise.
    How can Thrall being alive possibly good? he, along with Me'dan and Rhonin are "the axis of mary-sues"

luckily Rhonin is toasted, that leaves Thrall and Me'dan...

someday...someone has to kill these two abomintions-of-character-design and do us all a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who calls Thrall a mary-sue doesn't know what that term means. I'm glad the omg thrall mary-sue herp derp crowd didn't get what they wanted.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    As a primarily Alliance player (though I do enjoy Horde a lot, and play it sometimes), I like this choice. I don't love it, nor do I consider it the best one they could have made, but it's alright.

With Thrall's speech that '' the tauren are the heart of the horde '' I expected Baine to be it.

Vol'jin's the man.

He was the right choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Anyone who calls Thrall a mary-sue doesn't know what that term means. I'm glad the omg thrall mary-sue herp derp crowd didn't get what they wanted.
    Thrall is a PRIME example of a mary-sue. I think it is you who do not understand what mary-sue means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I honestly didn't care until I saw all these delicious horde tears and now I love Vol'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just because it's legitimate doesn't mean the players have to like it. Trolls are an inferior race, and don't deserve to be over the whole Horde. It'd be like a dwarf or draenei being the main leader of the Alliance. I don't even play Alliance, and that still wouldn't sit well with me.
    trolls are the master race, just because WOW was orcs vs humans doesnt mean it has to stay that way. look around you, every serious raider chooses a troll for world firsts. why, because of their pure awesomeness and racial powers.

trolls are jamaican/cuban which makes them ideal for being great, they also can regenerate limbs, and they love cannibalism. they are also savage and fierce. plus they live right next to orgrimmar so its not like they had much of a walk. unlike Sylvanas or Lorthermar or Baine.

plus Vol'jin is blue.. and scary looking, who doesnt want an imposing warchief like him?

I dont see why theres all the hate on Vol'jin.. ive never viewed orcs as the master race, they are much too close to stupid ogres.. and who wants to be like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wheres the option 'disappointed'.

My concern isn't with vol'jin being in charge. my concern is that of the orcs, and since the hordes story has always been the orcs against the humans, this is a pretty bleak turning point for all orcs.
    That's why is way cooler, it changed the idea of Orcs vs Human, and give us a more Alliance vs Horde

Quote Originally Posted by jackreadman View Post
    One question I gotta ask... Where the fuck was Riko in SoO?
    He got distracted by all the loots and stuffs on the Timeless Isle. He's hard to find, but he's at the tournament grounds standing on a ledge above the rink. He's between Shokia and Rivett Clutchpop respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The current storytellers are most likely the same ones that made the "epic" lore when Thrall was Warchief. Thrall being Warchief didn't make the lore epic. It was how it was written and handled. Thrall got boring after we had him shoved in our faces so much. You don't need Thrall to have good story lines. It just needs to be handled and executed correctly. Which is why this expansion's lore has been fantastic, imo.

Thrall would literally be a safer and more boring choice than people claim Vol'jin to be. Thrall has had his time, he's moved on. This cinematic proves he doesn't even want the title.

People complain the lore is shit and then they want the exact same things to happen all the time. Lore must move forward and progress, not have one step forward and 2 more backwards. How else can you get new things happening? New bad guys to want to kill or even route for? New heroes to stand with or kill?
    With no new lore, the game would be the most stale thing ever. MoP has given us loads of new lore and, despite peoples blindness caused by "lolpandas", it's been fantastic. It's what WoW needed because it gives possibilities for the future of the story. Not the same, boringly repetitive stuff from WC3 onwards. (Because apparently any lore not in WC3 isn't really lore to some people...)
    Current srotytellers are not the same. The lore was epic untill Cata because it was based on the Warcraft RTS lore, made by other storytellers.

Lore was moving on while Thrall was Warchief, and it was moving on in ways much more entertaining than now.

Lore in this expansion was SHIT.

The cinematic proves that even when they want to throw other Warchiefs under our throats, even they know who the true Warchief is, which is why Varian looks at Thrall.

Thrall being Warchief doesnt equal same things happening. That's a false dichotomy.

Again, you need epic leaders to have an epic story. Vol'jin is not epic, hell, he had done NOTHING worth mentioning untill MoP.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Thrall is a PRIME example of a mary-sue. I think it is you who do not understand what mary-sue means.
    Thrall a Mary-Sue character?.... maybe

Thrall a Prime example of a Mary-Sue character? no.... MED'AN IS THE LORD!

I hate it, i find Vol'jin a terrible choice storywise

10+ Year Old Account
    I am both alliance and horde.

Though I also saw it coming (Lothermar on 2nd place and Thrall on 3rd) I am very happy with it with three reasons:

-It was Vol'jin who started the open rebellion and said open in MoP that the Horde is family and Garrosh's Horde is that not. He shows the spirit of a leader (even for non-trolls).
    -What now shows is approval: Go'el/Thrall said open to follow Vol'jin and the other leaders (even Sylvanas, though with a small gesture) also follow him. Garrosh was just pointed out by Thrall himself.
    -Vol'jin said himself: "The horde needs his TRUE warchief now, move then ever." That was pointed to Go'el/Thrall. But when Thrall said he would follow him, he said he was not worthy...but he will give it all for the Horde. That seems for me he will give his life for the Horde...for his family.

That is for me the reasons I am happy with it.

For the Horde, For the Alliance....For Azeroth!
    WoW Main chars --> Warrior: Bladestormer Alt --> Rogue:
    Stormlasher

D3 classes: Wizard (main) - Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Thrall a Mary-Sue character?.... maybe

Thrall a Prime example of a Mary-Sue character? no.... MED'AN IS THE LORD!
    Me'dan is still inexperienced and young... but Thrall is old and with alot of experience. :P perhaps when Thrall is crucified (it will happen very very soon.) Me'dan will take it's place.

I would like to add that I really like the order in which the cinematics came out. Since alliance was first, there was a shock factor to seeing the new warchief and then there was a mystery as to how the horde came to their decision. Then the horde version came out and revealed the rest. If the order was reversed, the alliance version of the cinematic would have fallen flat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Me'dan is still inexperienced and young... but Thrall is old and with alot of experience. :P perhaps when Thrall is crucified (it will happen very very soon.) Me'dan will take it's place.
    Me'dan is a freaking huorcnei with the staff of Medivh.