Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    These UIs. I just have no clue where to even begin design wise.
    If you're a heavy weakauras person id suggest that you download some actionbar+ unitframe addon, disable it all ingame. setup your weakauras and work with the rest around it. Since weakauras is baseline of a UI (atleast for me) i always prioritize it before anything else when building a UI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    If you're a heavy weakauras person id suggest that you download some actionbar+ unitframe addon, disable it all ingame. setup your weakauras and work with the rest around it. Since weakauras is baseline of a UI (atleast for me) i always prioritize it before anything else when building a UI
    I did same. Weakauras-->Build everything else after that

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I have so far. It may be up just a bit too high though I'm thinking. Haven't finished remaking the weakauras yet as that's no where near the amount I would normally have.

As you can tell, I haven't disabled the stupid elvui aurabars yet.

Training Dummy

OOC

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-01 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    @Bryce,

You don't want to show the same buffs multiple times, especially not in the same area of space, making them overlap. That's incredibly inefficient.

Also, the area around the feet of your character should always be clean so you can see if you're standing in stuff before you take damage from it. Void Zones would kill almost anyone with the UI you currently use.

I'd move it all down a bit, and sort out WeakAuras so they don't overlap and display in a clean manner. Other than that, there's not really much to change with ElvUI. You should also consider scaling the unitframes down, they don't need to be that wide for you to discern their information in a PvE environment, but ultimately it's up to you to find something you like to run with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is mine:

HOLY SHIT! My eyeballs.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Here is mine:
    Windows Vista? Level 80? Ghost wolf blacked out and cleansing totem? You sir, make me ashamed to be a shaman.

That UI is also a clusterfuck.

Deleted
    Here is mine:
    Love it! I really like the minimalistic approach, good job!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    @Bryce,

You don't want to show the same buffs multiple times, especially not in the same area of space, making them overlap. That's incredibly inefficient.

Also, the area around the feet of your character should always be clean so you can see if you're standing in stuff before you take damage from it. Void Zones would kill almost anyone with the UI you currently use.

I'd move it all down a bit, and sort out WeakAuras so they don't overlap and display in a clean manner. Other than that, there's not really much to change with ElvUI. You should also consider scaling the unitframes down, they don't need to be that wide for you to discern their information in a PvE environment, but ultimately it's up to you to find something you like to run with.
    What buff do I have showing multiple times? You're not talking about the aurabars are you? I forgot to totally disable them if you are. They weren't meant to be shown at all.

And I agree with the spacing between the auras, will get to that. And yeah, I know about the keep around your feet clean, like I said I couldn't really tell if it was up too high or not. I always tend to do that for some reason. Thanks though for the advice.

Changed it a bit, added some more auras that I need to track. Will eventually hide the action bars altogether. Just making sure I have what I need to be seen first before doing so.

All the groups are dynamic groups, each icon is replaced with a desaturated version of it if it's off cd but not active. The expel harm aura only activates when I'm 35% or lower health. Now just need to find a good spot for stagger to go.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-01 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    http://minus.com/i/Qn9UNZ31Ylkv
    There is pic of my UI currently in "raid" and weakauras. (btw i really need new monitor.. Bigger)
    Can your WeakAuras be a little bigger? I feel like I can't see them from space.

http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=128
    /ec, ElvUi AddOnSkins, Embed Settings, Click "Single Embed System".
    Last edited by iKrow; 2014-01-01 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is mine:

I... I don't even know what I'm looking at.. How do you see anything on that screen :-O

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    The image comes from 2010 and is one of the first results for "bad wow ui" when you seach google
    . The poster was trying to make a joke but isn't particularly good at it.
    Really annoying because I've already seen the link before in this thread. old joke is old, please start infracting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    The image comes from 2010 and is one of the first results for "bad wow ui" when you seach google
    . The poster was trying to make a joke but isn't particularly good at it.
    On the contrary, I think it was a good joke, notwithstanding the fact it may have been done before. It was so obviously a joke and meant to be ironic but some people fell for it, which is the essence of any good wind up.

10+ Year Old Account

Mine now after just killing Iron Juggernaut Flex!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    @Bryce

Couple of things to consider:

- Do you really need auras to track the other tank's debuffs? Focus debuffs would achieve the same thing and you wouldn't need to keep making auras each tier.
    - I feel like the dynamic group showing tank cds would be better placed elsewhere. Odds are, you're only going to have one of those cds up at any time right? Yet it feels like that entire row of icons is "reserved" space.
    - Should you decide to move that group, your debuffs would be better suited for that spot. That would solve your problem of needing a place to put your stagger debuff (and all the others).
    - Additionally, considering you have icons for everything else, why not an icon for shuffle? On the same line of thought, I'm assuming that the line between your shuffle bar and your energy bar is where your combo points go. Wait for it. Have you considered merging the 2?! (look below).
    - Last thing, the place above the target frame seems underused. All you have is that expel harm aura when you could do a lot more with the real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    @Bryce

Couple of things to consider:

- Do you really need auras to track the other tank's debuffs? Focus debuffs would achieve the same thing and you wouldn't need to keep making auras each tier.
    - I feel like the dynamic group showing tank cds would be better placed elsewhere. Odds are, you're only going to have one of those cds up at any time right? Yet it feels like that entire row of icons is "reserved" space.
    - Should you decide to move that group, your debuffs would be better suited for that spot. That would solve your problem of needing a place to put your stagger debuff (and all the others).
    - Additionally, considering you have icons for everything else, why not an icon for shuffle? On the same line of thought, I'm assuming that the line between your shuffle bar and your energy bar is where your combo points go. Wait for it. Have you considered merging the 2?! (look below).
    - Last thing, the place above the target frame seems underused. All you have is that expel harm aura when you could do a lot more with the real estate.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but i feel like i can answer as to why he has both tanks debuffs in that group, because i use the same weakauras.

Honestly, when you already have so much to look at, being able to see both tanks debuffs in 1 place is insanely helpful, EG: On H Dark Shamans progress last night it was very helpful for me to be able to look at 1 small space and see the amount of time left/stacks on both my debuff and my offtanks debuff, I know you might not need that for DPS/Healing, but it is very helpful for tanking

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought I would check in and share what I have been working on. It is an ElvUI setup.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/D0vUIk6.jpg

in the process of remaking and removing shit. grid for example, i haven't removed because i'm a lazy piece of dirt.
    i'm also aware of some pixels being blurry, but i'm just not there yet because i want to get the layout right first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post

in the process of remaking and removing shit. grid for example, i haven't removed because i'm a lazy piece of dirt.
    i'm also aware of some pixels being blurry, but i'm just not there yet because i want to get the layout right first.
    Who's that very handsome Shaman? Can I get his autograph?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post

Can I ask how you got the role icons to look like that?