Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I would assume the same rules apply for all pets in any Warlock spec. Observer for ST, and Imp for multitarget / heavy target switching.

With that being said, tried Destro on Ko'ragh last night and did well, of course with the shit UI and no Weak Auras but that's details.

Was using Supremacy / Serv / used MF for a few and used AD for kill.
    We did highmaul this week. used Aff for the first 6 and it was mostly pretty strong. Used Destro with MF/Supremacy/Cataclysm on Imperator, however and it was extremely good. Between all the cleave opportunities, RoF on the packs while CB spamming into the warmages during intermission, etc, it's definitely a fight where destro will shine. Hoping to get a little more feel for destro pure single target (i.e. Butcher), haven't really done that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Yeah just do that and paste your findings if you are still unsure. Myself or someone else will definitely help you.

Wondering this because I haven't played Destro on Kargath yet. Could you Havoc Kargath, then get Chain Hurl into the stands and SB the adds? Since it is LoS and a good chunk of distance away from Kargath I'm not quite sure yet. Has anyone tested this?
    Typically havoc is unaffected by LoS and range so I imagine so.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Last time I specifically tested this LoS was not needed, but Havoc would not copy spells if you were more than (I think) 100 meters away.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    I tested if you could drop a portal up in the stands. You can't. So blizzard considered at least some ways to abuse and curtailed them. Doesn't mean they've cut off havoc, but wouldn't surprise me if they had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Last time I specifically tested this LoS was not needed, but Havoc would not copy spells if you were more than (I think) 100 meters away.
    I know you cannot dot kargath as aff for example while in stands, I was thinking of taking glyph of havoc and syncing it on the interval, SB adds and get some more boss dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    We did highmaul this week. used Aff for the first 6 and it was mostly pretty strong. Used Destro with MF/Supremacy/Cataclysm on Imperator, however and it was extremely good. Between all the cleave opportunities, RoF on the packs while CB spamming into the warmages during intermission, etc, it's definitely a fight where destro will shine. Hoping to get a little more feel for destro pure single target (i.e. Butcher), haven't really done that yet.
    I used Aff for most too last night, I used Destro for Ko'ragh though, still using Sup/SB:H, the fucking RNG of shards doe...

Is ROF back in the single target rotation?

Yes.

I THINK best practice is to use it when you have no stacks of Backdraft. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Yes.

I THINK best practice is to use it when you have no stacks of Backdraft. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    It actually says in the guide; basically keep RoF down always. You cast incinerate in place of RoF when you have backdraft stacks and the next global is chaos bolt, so that you do not waste your stacks.

Are people bothering to use GCD's to lay down RoF during procs when you have embers to use? Does it have THAT kind of priority?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people bothering to use GCD's to lay down RoF during procs when you have embers to use? Does it have THAT kind of priority?
    No, I mean it's a play it by ear thing obviously. You basically think of the global as an incinerate with very slightly higher priority.

I honestly like having it in the rotation. I'm anxious to try it with MF tonight.

I wish they would just accept it and improve upon it.

Slightly longer duration and a targeting glyph. I find myself strafing with keys instead of my mouse so my mouse is free to place the reticulum.

But, I'm pretty sure it will just be nerfed, like the last time we had it ST.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly like having it in the rotation. I'm anxious to try it with MF tonight.

I wish they would just accept it and improve upon it.

Slightly longer duration and a targeting glyph. I find myself strafing with keys instead of my mouse so my mouse is free to place the reticulum.

But, I'm pretty sure it will just be nerfed, like the last time we had it ST.
    They have stated a few times that they never wanted it in the ST rotation, yet it always seems to find itself in 100% or when a proc occurs / is down.

Well, from what we've seen in the past...

Blizz will nerf it and nerf it again by removing it's ember generating ability.
    Nerf AD and KJC because Destro never uses MF.

Next patch they give a similar ability to hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, from what we've seen in the past...

Blizz will nerf it and nerf it again by removing it's ember generating ability.
    Nerf AD and KJC because Destro never uses MF.

Next patch they give a similar ability to hunters.
    Aspect of the Fox makes no sense to me still.

Let me explain: It allows hunters to do their full rotation while doing backflips and THEN they get to say..."Don't you stupid locks wish I'd press this button?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me explain: It allows hunters to do their full rotation while doing backflips and THEN they get to say..."Don't you stupid locks wish I'd press this button?"
    Marks best spec means no movement for hunters

I play Marks. There is NO problem moving. If anything it's the one thing that keeps that brain-dead spec interesting.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2014-10-31 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Marks. There is NO problem moving. If anything it's the one thing that keeps that brain-dead spec interesting.
    What

10char

It's very easy to stay within the 5 second grace period debuff and actually adds interest. Really if KJC were turned into a debuff like that? Joy.

It's bad mobility relative to Hunters. Realative to everything else it's more then acceptable.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2014-10-31 at 05:21 PM. Reason: clarity

Yeah, I'm actually having a bunch of fun on my Hunter alt running as MM.

My Warlock was my first character I rolled and it's been my main for 100% of the 7 or so years I've been playing the game, and really I'll probably never switch, but at this point if I did switch it would be to a Hunter, and almost entirely for being able to cast while moving. Aesthetic stuff are also a part of it, but, yeah, I just really like being able to move while casting. If I could stand to be right up next to mobs all the time I might switch to my DK instead (somewhat similar dark aesthetic, no penalty for movement ... but, yeah, being right behind mobs all the time is pretty much a dealbreaker for me).

Y'all think if we focus our feedback we can get Fel Flame back before the final tier of WoD ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.