WW is making a strong showing in the top prog guilds right now who have managed to clear council, the most "this should be monks fight" fight there is in this raid. We account for a whopping...1/100 players.

SEF is totally fucked and blizzard does not know how to design around it.

Maybe the problem is that because monk is only really good on 2-3 fights in this raid (really good = top 3) so progression guilds rather take some specs that are very good on those but also really good on other fights like reaver/other ~ST to gear them in mythic for progression because they are useful for more than those 2-3 fights. Although monk is pretty strong on Archimonde so... I don't really know.

But you probably should not only check those hardcore progression guilds for anything other than top notch stuff. If you are not in one of those top 10 guilds you don't have to worry about being placed in all fights but reaver/fel lord for mythic progression. BRF was way worse and personally I am "okay" with how monks are right now. Better than last tier but still only avg or maybe a little above avg.
    Last edited by Kaharon; 2015-07-02 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyvi View Post
    For what it's worth, if you unequip and reequip the trinket just before the pull it should still go on a 30 sec ICD unless things changed the last time I tried this. Looking at your examples, moving procs 30 secs back should help alleviate things (and be really, really good at Kromrok for hand DPS).

Combine that with the cancelaura macro from above and it's a recipe of having to listen to less of your QQ during raids. :V
    I'm sure when I first tested it you couldn't cancelaura it but I tried it now and it does work. The ICD thing seems to work too. But the best way to avoid the QQ in the raid is just to never use this stupid trinket. I still don't like it because there will still be situations where it unpredictably fails and you dont have time to cancel the aura. For example tanks pulling the boss away suddenly?!?

since the level-upgrate items are now BoA, would you upgrate a neck with only versatility on it? since it is the 2nd best stat for serenity, it shouldn't be that bad right?
    13/13

Monk

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan of the 4pc bonus. I've certainly seen a DPS increase, and it works well with ChiEx, but everything is happening so fast that I find myself struggling to use all the Combo Breaker procs. I'm barely using Energizing Brew and my lv30 talents because I don't have many free GCDs.

When I was fighting Archimonde last night, I was struggling to use every CB:CX proc with 4+ chi while still keeping up RSK's debuff and using FoF on CD. I'd regularly be at 6 Chi, FoF to 3 Chi, Jab to 5 then RSK to 3, only to have RSK proc CB: CX and either have to Jab up to 5 chi and risk missing another CB proc, or use CB at 3 chi and miss out on the cleave damage.

Has anyone found that its better to worry about RSK/FoF first before worrying about Combo Breaker procs? When only worrying about RSK for its debuff while using CX, the window to use it isn't huge, and a CB:CX proc right before you would use RSK looks like a difficult decision. If you CB:CX then RSK you risk having very few or no chi if RSK procs CB, but if you RSK then CB:CX you risk missing out on another CB proc.

I don't see it being a problem with Serenity as likely using RSK before BoK does more damage, even if it misses out on a CB:BoK proc.

I'm sure it takes getting used to, as I've had the 4pc for one raid, but with the addition of class trinket it will be quite a lot of clicking. I feel like this wasn't too coherent, its the morning and I'm rushing before work so cut me some slack.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    The class trinket could help out on a lot of the stuff you describe here. According to Celestalon during the PTR, it applies the debuff, so it may be possible to just not bother casting RSK most of the time.
    An elegant solution, would be to let Combo Breaker have stacks, similar to how the instant pyro works (or worked) for mages: Two crits > instant pyro, but it could stack to three so they don't lose procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    snip
    With the class trinket it will become much easier to keep up RSK for you. I only got the heroic class trinket and no new tier but on the dummy I found that I could almost keep up RSK debuff 100% of the time without ever casting it manually. I imagine getting the new 4 piece will make it that much easier and that I (in a case of many lucky procs) will be able to not cast RSK for a while to keep using CHI X and FoF without having to worry about RSK.

I guess RSK > Chi Ex if only 1 target is there but as soon as there are 2 or more targets and you use SEF I guess you can just prioritize Chi X over RSK at any time. What do you guys think?

Sorry if this has been answered. I looked but I did not see this topic broached. At what point does the item level upgrade warrant dropping last tier 4pc, I saw it is advised to run 2 and 2, but if we start getting 15 ilevel upgrades is it worth the drop?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered. I looked but I did not see this topic broached. At what point does the item level upgrade warrant dropping last tier 4pc, I saw it is advised to run 2 and 2, but if we start getting 15 ilevel upgrades is it worth the drop?
    The 2pc is worth going from Mythic t17 to Normal t18, as its only a 5 ilvl drop. And once you have the 2pc, you may as well go for the 4pc.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

The 2pc is worth going from Mythic t17 to Normal t18, as its only a 5 ilvl drop. And once you have the 2pc, you may as well go for the 4pc.
    Dropping mythic t17 4 pc for normal t18 2pc depends a lot on what pieces you're replacing. Unfortunately the t18 gloves are horrible stats for us, but is still considered "bis". If you're replacing t17 mythic 4 pc with the t18 gloves, it isn't worth it. However doing a combination of legs/shoulders/head for 2 pc WOULD be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foncy View Post
    Dropping mythic t17 4 pc for normal t18 2pc depends a lot on what pieces you're replacing. Unfortunately the t18 gloves are horrible stats for us, but is still considered "bis". If you're replacing t17 mythic 4 pc with the t18 gloves, it isn't worth it. However doing a combination of legs/shoulders/head for 2 pc WOULD be worth it.
    Neither haste nor multistrike is horrible for us.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Neither haste nor multistrike is horrible for us.
    They are not at first. Haste is fine until you get 2-piece. At which point it drops in value quite a bit. Multistrike on the other hand is good for 99% of the playerbase at this point (not an issue until one has a majority of mythic gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    They are not at first. Haste is fine until you get 2-piece. At which point it drops in value quite a bit. Multistrike on the other hand is good for 99% of the playerbase at this point (not an issue until one has a majority of mythic gear).
    If you're running ChiEx, haste is still strong. Haste is still over mastery, which is what alternatives would have.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

So I've been looking into re-learning WW, so I got a quick question: Which of the stat weights are best to cover all my bases in HFC? What would work best overall? Apologies if I missed it in the latest pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    So I've been looking into re-learning WW, so I got a quick question: Which of the stat weights are best to cover all my bases in HFC? What would work best overall? Apologies if I missed it in the latest pages.
    This was posted by Hinalover a few pages back or someone that was quoting Hina one or the other @_@.

Pre-T18:
    Multistrike to 59% > Haste > Vers > Multistrike after 59% > Crit >>>>> Mastery

T18 2-piece & 4-piece:
    Multistrike to 59% > Vers > Multistrike after 59% > Crit > Haste >>>>> Mastery

And you will still favor Haste over all other stats if playing with Chi Explosion talent.

Quick question for Soul Capacitator:

Has anyone done the math if it's worth keeping Serenity until the Spirit Shift happens?
    I got it last night and I must say I'm really liking it so far :>
    Only downside is that if it procs you need to remove SEF and be sure as hell to be in range of your target as it's going to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Only downside is that if it procs you need to remove SEF and be sure as hell to be in range of your target as it's going to hit.
    It's not more overall dps to cancel your SEF for the Spirit Shift proc, but it will increase the damage of the proc itself.

Deleted
    I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan of the 4pc bonus. I've certainly seen a DPS increase, and it works well with ChiEx, but everything is happening so fast that I find myself struggling to use all the Combo Breaker procs. I'm barely using Energizing Brew and my lv30 talents because I don't have many free GCDs.

When I was fighting Archimonde last night, I was struggling to use every CB:CX proc with 4+ chi while still keeping up RSK's debuff and using FoF on CD. I'd regularly be at 6 Chi, FoF to 3 Chi, Jab to 5 then RSK to 3, only to have RSK proc CB: CX and either have to Jab up to 5 chi and risk missing another CB proc, or use CB at 3 chi and miss out on the cleave damage.

Has anyone found that its better to worry about RSK/FoF first before worrying about Combo Breaker procs? When only worrying about RSK for its debuff while using CX, the window to use it isn't huge, and a CB:CX proc right before you would use RSK looks like a difficult decision. If you CB:CX then RSK you risk having very few or no chi if RSK procs CB, but if you RSK then CB:CX you risk missing out on another CB proc.

I don't see it being a problem with Serenity as likely using RSK before BoK does more damage, even if it misses out on a CB:BoK proc.

I'm sure it takes getting used to, as I've had the 4pc for one raid, but with the addition of class trinket it will be quite a lot of clicking. I feel like this wasn't too coherent, its the morning and I'm rushing before work so cut me some slack.
    Babylonius, as pointed out by Forsta, Kaharon, and Mario some pages before, our class trinket works extremely well with ChiExplosion. I arrived to the same conclusion as well with simulations. (CF my spreadsheet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    I guess RSK > Chi Ex if only 1 target is there but as soon as there are 2 or more targets and you use SEF I guess you can just prioritize Chi X over RSK at any time. What do you guys think?
    That's correct iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Quick question for Soul Capacitator:

Has anyone done the math if it's worth keeping Serenity until the Spirit Shift happens?
    I got it last night and I must say I'm really liking it so far :>
    That's a good question, maybe we can ask Hina ?
    As mathed (yesthat'saword) before, usually you don't want to cancel your SEF for spiritshift, unless you see your clones chasing targets/doing stupid shit.

We killed Hellfire Assault tonight, and that's a really good fight for us. Regarding talent choice, ChiBurst/Xuen/ChiEx is definitely the best combination. For trinkets I ended up using MDST+MotBM, but if I had access to everything I'd most definitely go SDI+MotBM.
    Don't forget to eat Haste food for ChiEx fights (especially if you're Pandaren), it's something that I only started to do recently because ... derp
    Last edited by mmocffdec12f27; 2015-07-03 at 10:30 AM.

I'm curious about other people's thoughts for M Hellfire Assault talents. I started off with Chi Burst/RJW/Serenity, but the side of the fight I was assigned on had more beefy adds and I couldn't get a lot of value out of RJW due to no dragoons except for going back to the middle for the crusher when the chaos begins.

I tried Chi Burst/Xuen/Chi Explosion for a lot of the attempts but I don't know if cleaving with SEF is the best idea. The hulks need to die before they overwhelm the tank and the siege machines need to die before they do too much damage to the cannon. Cleaving the engineers seems like the safest choice as you don't need to risk a felcaster casting metamorphosis and having everyone stop damage on priority targets to kill it before heavy raid damage is going out.

I haven't seen the second half of the fight as the furthest we got was the crusher dying and two bosses spawning along with the infinite dragoons, but I am starting to think that you would want to go Chi Explosion/Xuen if you are on the left side and RJW/Serenity if you are on the right. Although I think Serenity/Xuen might be good for the left side too since if you are avoiding cleaving the felcasters the only targets you really get to cleave are the hulks and engineers, and the engineers aren't up very often on that side.

The reason I am stumped on what talents to take is because while you can AoE/Cleave a good portion of the fight there is a lot of times where things have to die ASAP, like Siegecrafter on the pull, hulks and certain siege vehicles (namely the crusher and the artillery.) and also the bosses once they spawn. Serenity won't be up for all of those which almost makes me consider hurricane strike if you position yourself in such a way that your hits all hit the focus target.
    Last edited by Weriik; 2015-07-03 at 10:51 AM.

So I just picked up my 2 piece and I know that I should use rsk only at 6 chi when using chix but should I now also start to use it on cd as opposed to just using it to keep the debuff up
    Last edited by apriestley; 2015-07-04 at 03:53 AM. Reason: nvm didnt read what hebihime said 2 post ago saying use rsk>chix when 1 target is up and chix>rsk when 2 targets are up