Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    My 6970 is 12.2" heh
    It's not reference though, right? Mine are :x
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    It's not reference though, right? Mine are :x
    Nope, Non reference Has 18 phases too lol

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My PNY 9800 GeForce GT is bloody small. I actually noted how much smaller it was than my old BFG Tech OC 9800 GT.... damned thing is so tiny! >_< Can't wait to see the difference sometime with a nice big beefy card.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Just ordered a new case[Fractal Design Define XL Black], so pics should be here on Tuesday or so :3
    But for now, Here's a picture of the packaging my mouse-mat came in, I shit you not.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-06-04 at 02:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I got my new case (Fractal Design Define R3). The design is probably the best of any case I've used... And the NCIX bundle deal came with a free noobtastic CoolIT water cooler! Not much better cooling performance over my AC Freezer 7 sadly, but the quietness and room it frees up is nice.

As for the case, I only have a couple problems with it. One being it didn't come with enough fans at all (explains the price) so I had to stick in 2 old, somewhat shot Antec LED fans that were sitting around. The one on the side is really loud and annoying, even at 50% speed. I'm going to order 2 or 3 140mm Noctua fans to fill out the case, plus another 120mm fan to do push/pull on the radiator.

Pics (Through dropbox, so no thumbnails):

Outside: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30058556/IMG...604_115221.jpg
    Inside: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30058556/IMG...604_115401.jpg

So the stats of this system now...

Fractal Design R3 Black Pearl
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.6ghz
    MSI P67A-G43
    8GB G.Skill RipjawsX
    XFX ATi Radeon HD 6870
    Intel PRO1000CT PCIe NiC
    Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtremegamer PCI (This would be the 5th case this sound card has been in btw)
    2X Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB HDDs
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB
    Your basic Samsung DVD-RW
    Corsair HX750W
    CoolIT ECO ALC CPU cooler, 2x Fractal Design 120mm fans, 2x shitty old Antec LED fans
    Companion Cube

Edit: Also, my poor DeathAdder seems to have died (Mouse 4 has gone berserk and the sensor keeps centreing itself at random), hence why it's sitting next to the 1TB Caviar Blue I haven't put in yet.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I got my new case (Fractal Design Define R3). The design is probably the best of any case I've used... And the NCIX bundle deal came with a free noobtastic CoolIT water cooler! Not much better cooling performance over my AC Freezer 7 sadly, but the quietness and room it frees up is nice.

As for the case, I only have a couple problems with it. One being it didn't come with enough fans at all (explains the price) so I had to stick in 2 old, somewhat shot Antec LED fans that were sitting around. The one on the side is really loud and annoying, even at 50% speed. I'm going to order 2 or 3 140mm Noctua fans to fill out the case, plus another 120mm fan to do push/pull on the radiator.

Pics (Through dropbox, so no thumbnails):

Outside: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30058556/IMG...604_115221.jpg
    Inside: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30058556/IMG...604_115401.jpg

So the stats of this system now...

Fractal Design R3 Black Pearl
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.6ghz
    MSI P67A-G43
    8GB G.Skill RipjawsX
    XFX ATi Radeon HD 6870
    Intel PRO1000CT PCIe NiC
    Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtremegamer PCI (This would be the 5th case this sound card has been in btw)
    2X Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB HDDs
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB
    Your basic Samsung DVD-RW
    Corsair HX750W
    CoolIT ECO ALC CPU cooler, 2x Fractal Design 120mm fans, 2x shitty old Antec LED fans
    Companion Cube

Edit: Also, my poor DeathAdder seems to have died (Mouse 4 has gone berserk and the sensor keeps centreing itself at random), hence why it's sitting next to the 1TB Caviar Blue I haven't put in yet.
    Can I have that companion cube of yours? Mine fell into furnace and got back to me a couple of years later, completely burnt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Can I have that companion cube of yours? Mine fell into furnace and got back to me a couple of years later, completely burnt.
    Indeed! /heart the Companion Cube!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    It's on thinkgeek.com! I forget how much it was.

Also, how much of a performance hit would I take moving my Radeon down to the bottom x16 slot? Right now it's blocking a lot of airflow to the P67's heatsink, and it's getting warmer than I would like...

Deleted

Also, how much of a performance hit would I take moving my Radeon down to the bottom x16 slot? Right now it's blocking a lot of airflow to the P67's heatsink, and it's getting warmer than I would like...
    If it's a PCIe x16 slot, none?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    To follow up on my earlier "slideshow video", i've gone back after adding the last 580 and made some new vids.

Part 1 - Inside the Rig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPKCHXy-KQ
    Part 2 - 3DMark 11 Benchmark Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmdr_beXtRo
    Part 3a - Crysis 2 FPS Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGwRRE2hNX0

Part 3b (and 3c if i make one) will be another game, and part 4 will be watercooling but only once it's completely finished.

On a side note, i actually noticed something VERY interesting last night. It seems that even when you're running single-GPU mode in an SLI system, the "disabled" GPU's will still be utilised by about 20% each. This helps keeps temps down but also increases performance and smooths things out. You do lose some FPS over dedicating all 3 cards to it, but it's only by an amount that's not that noticable. If you're on Aircooling and your cards are getting too hot for you to be comfortable, try single-GPU mode with MSI Afterburner open. You'll see the 2nd (and 3rd if using 3-way) cards will be utilised a little but not enough for them to start pumping out massive temps.
    Talk louder yo. :P The music and all the air cooling in your case made it difficult to hear you at some points. XD
    "A flower.

YAY! Fellow thinkgeek user!
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Have you not played portal 2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Have you not played portal 2?
    How else would I have my cube back?

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Just ordered a new case[Fractal Design Define XL Black], so pics should be here on Tuesday or so :3
    I got my new case (Fractal Design Define R3). The design is probably the best of any case I've used...
    The Define-series. <3
    I'm so glad I managed to get someone to start the trend for me. (I'm lazy)

My Define (r3 black) is so wonderful ^^
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-06-04 at 05:57 PM.
    &nbsp;

How else would I have my cube back?
    Nvm i misread lol thought you said you never got it back. Its to early lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    The Define-series. <3
    I'm so glad I managed to get someone to start the trend for me. (I'm lazy)

My Define (r3 black) is so wonderful ^^
    Lol, I wouldn't have got it if it wasn't on sale and with a free cooler. I would have gotten another 900, or a 1200 or something.

Hardware
    Mother B : Gigabyte EP45-ES3L
    CPU : Intel Core2Quad Q8200
    GPU : Gainward Nvidia 9800GT
    Ram : 2x2 GB DDR2 (dram frequency : 400 MHZ)
    HDD : Seagate 1 TB
    PSU: Cooler master GX 550w

Peripherals
    Monitor : LG Flatron 795FT plus CRT
    Mouse : A4Tech X7 XL-750BF
    Keyboard : A4Tech X7 G800

Pictures

PS : my graphic card's fan is making way too much noise . even when idle . its temp is at 58 .I don't know the exact percentage of fan speed but its certainly less than when i boot my pc . do you guys think buying a few fans for my case would make it produce less noise or the problem lies with the card itslef ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide72 View Post
    Hardware
    Mother B : Gigabyte EP45-ES3L
    CPU : Intel Core2Quad Q8200
    GPU : Gainward Nvidia 9800GT
    Ram : 2x2 GB DDR2 (dram frequency : 400 MHZ)
    HDD : Seagate 1 TB
    PSU: Cooler master GX 550w

Peripherals
    Monitor : LG Flatron 795FT plus CRT
    Mouse : A4Tech X7 XL-750BF
    Keyboard : A4Tech X7 G800

Pictures

PS : my graphic card's fan is making way too much noise . even when idle . its temp is at 58 .I don't know the exact percentage of fan speed but its certainly less than when i boot my pc . do you guys think buying a few fans for my case would make it produce less noise or the problem lies with the card itslef ?
    I believe the program Speed Fan shows the RPM of the fans. Much of the time when a fan is making noise (at least for me) it's because it's clumped with dust and is having trouble spinning properly. Of course this is when I know before hand that my temps are just fine so I know it's not a heating issue.

In your case what does your card run at when you're playing a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a PNY 9800 GT myself, never have heard of your card's brand, and it is old tech. Mind telling us how long you've had the card? They seem to die a bit after a year of use...
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post

In your case what does your card run at when you're playing a game?
    I downloaded speedfan but I'm a little bit confused . Since i don't know where to read my gpu's fan speed . but i have a screenshot for you . By the way i have cleaned inside my case just today so there is next to no dust in it .

(taken while idle)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I have a PNY 9800 GT myself, never have heard of your card's brand, and it is old tech. Mind telling us how long you've had the card? They seem to die a bit after a year of use...
    It's about 2 years old .