10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see Doomy get more airtime. He's such a fun hero, though I agree he's awkward to lane. You can't completely deny him farm, he'll always get at least 40+~40 gold on each Devour cooldown, but he's so easy to harass because of 0 armor and garbage agil growth. Seems like you really have to start him with Shield + Ring of Protection, but that means you won't have much left over for consumables. Just seems like an underplayed hero... Doom doesn't care about your BKB and disables items and most passive skills on top of silencing, and does significant damage.

Devour lets Doomy eat a creep and get a wide variety of skills, allowing him to be fairly versatile, and Level ? Death can be skilled at the right times for enormous, unexpected burst.

But I'm not sure where you'd put him in a lineup. He's not really that good played as a pure carry, not nearly as good as a Morphling or Anti-Mage or Spectre or Syllabear. Maybe he could be played as a support since he farms so easily (he'd be taking one creep away from jungle or lane per Devour cooldown, but that's not completely bad), but he really works best when he can get an XP advantage so he can make sure to skill Level Death at the right times, and so his Doom has a larger impact.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    I think the point is/was that wr is bad solo hardlane
    Pretty much. People swear by it but she's just so damn easy to crush.

Doom can certainly be a hard carry with wolf aura, his strength over other hard carries is the ability to initiate on his own, the ability to take a hit, and of course his amazing ult. Plus, wolf aura provides a very good buff for your entire team. Lastly, as you said, you can't actually stop him from farming. Devour an alpha wolf, get armlet and MoM and that's all you really need. You're already critting for 500 and you will just stomp all over everyone. Even a hero like manta AM, big deal, doom totally stops any opposition.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-08-04 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, fucking night stalker. Slowed, silenced for three years, slowed again, lol dead. Ugh, why can't my team understand that I can't win the 1v5 if they spent the entire first night getting farmed by NS? >_<
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like since this last patch which was supposed to fix bugs i've been experiencing a lot of game crashes

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I've ever had a game crash before.

CM is still fun as hell. Slow and squishy and an awful attack animation, but her WQ combo is so easy and it's basically a guaranteed kill early on. Amusingly, Rubick is squishier than CM is.

Both of Rubick's spells have absurd range, though.

In any case, I just nightmared someone, used soul ring to brain sap, and the nightmare swapped to me. Pretty sweet bug considering it turned a free kill into a free death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Both of Rubick's spells have absurd range, though.

In any case, I just nightmared someone, used soul ring to brain sap, and the nightmare swapped to me. Pretty sweet bug considering it turned a free kill into a free death.
    Nightmare transfers to whoever wakes them up, it doesn't care what woke them up. It's why it's so damn good. Rubick's spells have more range, but they don't root or slow the target so if someone jumps on him, he's not getting away because TK doesn't last near long enough.

-Snip- See Mod warning below.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-05 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Just had a game with three BRs on my team and two on the other team, during prime time hours for US. Swear to god I'm trying not to categorize all Brazilians/South Americans are subhuman monkeys, but when you see these people so often, it really takes an effort.
    -Snip- See Mod warning below.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-05 at 04:53 PM.

Nightmare transfers to whoever wakes them up, it doesn't care what woke them up. It's why it's so damn good. Rubick's spells have more range, but they don't root or slow the target so if someone jumps on him, he's not getting away because TK doesn't last near long enough.

Just had a game with three BRs on my team and two on the other team, during prime time hours for US. Swear to god I'm trying not to categorize all Brazilians/South Americans are subhuman monkeys, but when you see these people so often, it really takes an effort.
    I never even hit the guy is the thing. Besides, spells don't trigger it, only auto attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Try Russians.... they're so much better
    I've been playing with good Russians players since last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Try Russians.... they're so much better
    They're usually better at the game but when they can speak English they're almost always grade-A douchebags. At least the BRs don't scream a neverending stream of insults at you the entire game, or spam pings for five minutes straight.

I really, seriously don't understand why BRs and RUs are allowed to play on everyone else's servers. There's no way Valve can't be aware of how much everyone hates them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 08:20 AM ----------

I get the feeling I'm missing some kind of trick to get competent teammates. Nearly every game I play I get people that are awful at the game, don't speak English, or both.

I had something like a 58% win rate before this all started and now I'm down to nearly 40% because I simply can't win games when it's basically a 2v5 or a 3v5 and the other half of my team has been feeding all game. It's really frustrating, why has nothing been done about this?

Deleted
    They're usually better at the game but when they can speak English they're almost always grade-A douchebags. At least the BRs don't scream a neverending stream of insults at you the entire game, or spam pings for five minutes straight.

I really, seriously don't understand why BRs and RUs are allowed to play on everyone else's servers. There's no way Valve can't be aware of how much everyone hates them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 08:20 AM ----------

I get the feeling I'm missing some kind of trick to get competent teammates. Nearly every game I play I get people that are awful at the game, don't speak English, or both.

I had something like a 58% win rate before this all started and now I'm down to nearly 40% because I simply can't win games when it's basically a 2v5 or a 3v5 and the other half of my team has been feeding all game. It's really frustrating, why has nothing been done about this?
    I'm currently hoovering at 55% - 56% win rate after about 500 games and I almost exclusively solo queue. You really need to pick around what your team mates pick while also keeping in mind what heroes the opponents have if you want to win - this lands me the support role about 80% of the time though so if you don't like that then I guess you cant do much. You also need to try and be diplomatic whenever possible and lead/encourage your team constantly.

Let's keep away from generalizing certain nationalities please. That's borderline racism and I'd appreciate not walking so close to that line.

15+ Year Old Account
    i guess this is kinda a long shot and i don't know if it's allowed but since this is the only thread for dota2, does anyone have a spare beta key? my friend recently got a key and after watching some competitive dota i reeeeeeeally wanna play and learn the game. after playing league for over a year it's getting a bit same-y and recent games i've bought have been disappointing (tera, d3) so something new would be awesome. thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Let's keep away from generalizing certain nationalities please. That's borderline racism and I'd appreciate not walking so close to that line.
    You must be new to MOBAs, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    i guess this is kinda a long shot and i don't know if it's allowed but since this is the only thread for dota2, does anyone have a spare beta key? my friend recently got a key and after watching some competitive dota i reeeeeeeally wanna play and learn the game. after playing league for over a year it's getting a bit same-y and recent games i've bought have been disappointing (tera, d3) so something new would be awesome. thanks in advance.
    If you "reeeeeeeally" want to play then you can usually get invites here for 3 keys (You know, TF2-style, cost 2 EUR each)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    LOL

Wait, wasn't your name Zefie? I swear I'm not that drunk right now.

Rubick with Soul Ring + Tranquil Boots is pretty fun. Been going Soul Ring + Tranquil Boots + Bracer as my core, get Vitality Booster for Rod of Atos and then build to counter. Works pretty well.

How do the devs of DotA justify shit like Smoke Screen or half of the rest of the abilities in the game? Why the fuck are they allowing such blatantly overpowered horseshit in the game? Why aren't they actually putting in some effort and, you know, BALANCING the game instead of just going "oh they can just ban the hero out, don't worry about it."
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-05 at 10:28 PM.

LOL

Wait, wasn't your name Zefie? I swear I'm not that drunk right now.
    He went all ugly on his name trying to be more like me.

Also, I don't agree that you should pick around your team in solo queue. No matter how damn good you are at CM, you will be nothing but food at 45 minutes. If you really want to win you need to instapick a hard carry so that you CAN be the difference every game. My winrate picking str/agi carry is way higher than support or initiator or anything else.

I've been playing MOBAs for years. Being a MOBA player != being discriminative of people from other countries. "Subhuman monkeys" aren't exclusive to foreigners.

Deleted
    How do the devs of DotA justify shit like Smoke Screen or half of the rest of the abilities in the game? Why the fuck are they allowing such blatantly overpowered horseshit in the game? Why aren't they actually putting in some effort and, you know, BALANCING the game instead of just going "oh they can just ban the hero out, don't worry about it."
    >Smokescreen.
    >OP.
    You really must be drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I've been playing MOBAs for years. Being a MOBA player != being discriminative of people from other countries. "Subhuman monkeys" aren't exclusive to foreigners.
    Alright, whatever you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    He went all ugly on his name trying to be more like me.

Also, I don't agree that you should pick around your team in solo queue. No matter how damn good you are at CM, you will be nothing but food at 45 minutes. If you really want to win you need to instapick a hard carry so that you CAN be the difference every game. My winrate picking str/agi carry is way higher than support or initiator or anything else.
    Interestingly, CM is less squishy than Rubick is, especially since two of her default skills are slows or roots. 280 base movespeed is pretty brutal, but I guess it's that way so she doesn't get a free first blood every game. I don't want to imagine what would happen if CM had 300 base movespeed like most everyone else.

She gets bent by carries past about 40 minutes, but that applies to nearly every INT hero with low STR gain. I guess the major reason I like CM is because she and Rubick can be built almost identically for most situations. Rod of Atos is kind of redundant on CM so I'm trying to think of other alternatives for the HP you need, though. Urn combined with the Bracer you're already making anyway seems to be a good alternative and means you can run around with 3x gauntlets pretty early on in order to have a decent amount of HP.

>Smokescreen.
    >OP.
    You really must be drunk.
    AOE silence+slow+miss chance on a fairly short cooldown, a respectable radius, and the cast range is effectively the same as blink strike's range since riki almost invariably blinks and then immediately drops a smokebomb. Its utility in teamfights is incredible, especially when you consider that Riki is permanently invisible and so can usually position himself freely.

Drop it on the supports and you can either gib the supports before they can do much other than pop off Mek, or the supports are out of the fight for the first 2-3 seconds. No Repel, no Shallow Grave, no Shackleshots or Telekinesis or Frostbites. It's pretty damn nice and ensures that Riki is relevant at all stages of the game, which separates him from most other carries who are generally only good later on.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-08-05 at 11:47 PM.