Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not yet please, Blizzard didn't make me hate Garrosh enough yet

Aha, and if Blizzard is trustworthly (xD), they release minor patch every 2m and a major, raid patch every 4m. So, considering the lifespan of MoP is +-2 years, the last raid will be released in 5.8. Yep, not believing that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Not yet please, Blizzard didn't make me hate Garrosh enough yet
    Well, I've always thought Garrosh was a chowderhead, but the rather abrupt personality shift from his "I'm learning the ropes" personality in Cataclysm to "Imma destroy ALL ya'lls!" personality in MoP came as a bit of a surprise to me. Maybe if the horde had actually... lost anything... in Cataclysm, they could have more easily prefaced it. I think Garrosh is far enough gone in his infatuation with the Sha to warrant being the bad guy, at least in my eyes...

If they do slide a patch in between 5.3 and the final raid, we'll likely (hopefully) see some establishment of some other villains to arise in the final raid... Gallywix comes to mind, and Jaina seems more and more like she'll be a boss in the raid to some degree. It'll be interesting to see where they expand in this "inbetween raids" patch... whether it's to kul'tiras (hopefully involving the worgen reclaiming Gilneas,) or a furthered conflict centering around the horde and Alliance on Pandaria....

ALSO:
    What happened to Chen? Haven't seen heads or tails of him recently. It'd be interesting to see his weigh-in on all these goings on.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ALSO:
    What happened to Chen? Haven't seen heads or tails of him recently. It'd be interesting to see his weigh-in on all these goings on.
    He helps to cure Vol'jin from poison. One of the firsts quests you get to do as a horde character in the Dominance Offensive Questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    He helps to cure Vol'jin from poison. One of the firsts quests you get to do as a horde character in the Dominance Offensive Questline.
    I'd still expect the... well, main billing character... of the expansion to take a more active role.

Maybe a caverns of time: Founding of Durotar is somewhere in the pipes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenstein View Post
    Didn't we already defeat all the major Sha's in 5.0?
    The Sha aren't like a normal enemy, and not even like an Old God, they are manifestations that form whenever there's enough "energy" of their type to feed on. The dialog during the questlines implies there's been major Sha invasions (not necessarily the big avatars themselves) happening potentially chronically for thousands of years. Sha of Anger dying and respawning repeatedly isn't so much a necessarily game mechanic as an exaggerated lore event.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    5.3? I think that MoP will have more patches. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Siege of Orgrimmar in patch 5.6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd still expect the... well, main billing character... of the expansion to take a more active role.

Maybe a caverns of time: Founding of Durotar is somewhere in the pipes.
    Holy shit so much yes. CoT: Founding of Durotar sounds so beautiful.

Deleted
    - Indeed in regards to Jaina. But I hope not, we're supposed to find Kul'Tiras at some bloody point when blizz gets around to it. What motivation we'll really have without a Proudmoore :/[/QUOTE]

We can also 'kill' her until 1% of her life and then save her, I hope we can do that instead of just kill her, she doesnt really deserve to die like garosh

Deleted
    What do you people have against Jaina? Horde spit on her peace efforts, bombed her city, she was betrayed by sunreavers, Garrosh tried to kill young prince, boy she treated like son. Finally she said "fuck that horde scum, they are not worth saving". She didnt do anything wrong, I have no idea why you came up with that horroble idea she could be a boss in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'd be highly surprised if there was a raid in 5.3 since there's to be a sizable raid in 5.2. They've been pretty clear about raids in alternate patches so maybe 5.4.
    I am shocked that so many people fell for Blizzards bullshit about "small and raid patches". Patch 5.1 was obviously intended to be in Mists of Pandaria launch, but they were falling behind and just cut the whole thing to meet deadlines. The terrible pvp balance, unfinished zones and encounters (Imperial Vizier in particular), 2-3 hot fixes every week...

Even the icons added in 5.1 should have been in game at launch. Everything about 5.1 screams "CUT FROM LAUNCH TO MEET DEADLINE!!!"

I do not think there will be a 5.3 "story" patch. Likely a huge gap until new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As to whether or not the Siege of Orgrimmar will be bad, well I suppose so. I'm quite sure some people will think so and there will be dozens of threads saying so. It's fair to point out there are/were people who enjoyed T13 regardless of forum chatter. I personally thought it was a little weak but I thought the problems with it were more about aesthetics than the fight itself.
    Tier 13 was horrible and only a few die hard fanbois disagree. As for the trash it will likely feature corrupted Northrend beasts, Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Sauroks, Mogu and certainly Garosh's terracotta army.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Tier 13 was horrible and only a few die hard fanbois disagree. As for the trash it will likely feature corrupted Northrend beasts, Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Sauroks, Mogu and certainly Garosh's terracotta army.
    What the fuck do you know about that?

I'm not a "die hard fanboi" I enjoyed tier 13.

"Only douchy wowhating hipsters thought tier 13 was horrible", generalization is fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post

On the off-chance the final blow to Garrosh is dealt by Varian for both factions, are we to merely stand by and allow him to leave?
    The horde as a whole are useless enough to need alliance help, then how the hell do you propose they will stop Varian leaving when he is backed up by the full force of the alliance, and the horde is just a gathering of bickering idiots?( currently, Baine grumbles a lot but does nothing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soggysocks View Post
    The horde as a whole are useless enough to need alliance help, then how the hell do you propose they will stop Varian leaving when he is backed up by the full force of the alliance, and the horde is just a gathering of bickering idiots?( currently, Baine grumbles a lot but does nothing.)
    In the name of Story progression, I can understand why they seem like mere bickering idiots right now, but having played (so far) through the divine bell questline (10k+ revered), I get more the impression that the other leaders are simply hesitant to step up and call Garrosh out. Remember, nobody else knows what's going on with Vol'jin right now except us and Thrall (of the leaders), and he made us swear not to bring it up yet so we can get the skinny on Garrosh's plans. If we had some way to convince the other leaders right now what was really happening, they'd likely go after Garrosh too. Remember, though, that the orcs currenly have the largest and most organized force of all the horde factions (tauren are probably second), so it's going to take a consolidated effort to stop them even without the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    What do you people have against Jaina? Horde spit on her peace efforts, bombed her city, she was betrayed by sunreavers, Garrosh tried to kill young prince, boy she treated like son. Finally she said "fuck that horde scum, they are not worth saving". She didnt do anything wrong, I have no idea why you came up with that horroble idea she could be a boss in a raid.
    If you ever fought Jaina before this expansion, you'd have seen how much fun of a fight that was. We went in and did it for giggles a few times. She teleports people all sorts of interesting places - we ended up having a trio of locks one level down to summon people back to the fight.

As for what we have against her, just remembering the unskippable RP at the start of Culling of Strat makes me itch to go kill her again. Whine whine whine.

Deleted
    ragefire chasm

Quote Originally Posted by Orenstein View Post
    Didn't we already defeat all the major Sha's in 5.0?
    It is stated that the Sha are the shadow's of the 7 heads of an Old God that was killed on Pandaria. So far we've only killed 6 Sha.

OT: Its entirely possible that there are plently of Undead/Tauren/Troll/Goblin/Blood Elf loyalists/brainwashed/sha-possessed to go along with the Orcs that Garrosh controls. Not to mention all the lovely Beasts/Demons/Lesser Races/Mogu Allies/Weapons/Machines he has at his disposal.

As a Horde, and having played through the Horde-side Purge of Dalaran event, I want nothing more than to go full-out John Rambo on Dalaran. Sneak in, break some necks and airlift out all the prisoners. Then mow the place down with a gigantic gun for good measure.

It has been a long time since this game has pissed me off as much as I was seeing three Silver Covenant goons attacking one fleeing, cowering blood elf. If I don't get to maul Jaina over this I will be a little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I guess that could be the case, but I really hope it's not. I want Orgrimmar to be reshaped by this event, on a scale that looking around the city in the future would remind of one of the darkest times in the cities/hordes history. I think there's a lot of cool possibilities for stuff like that and I hope they don't just instance it and call it good.
    By thinking so hard on it you only set your self up for disappointment.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Siege of Orgrimmar COULD be bad if they take the DS approach.

The DS approach felt like an on the rails shooter with an area we are already familiar with. I was excited at first to jump down in one of those maws, but quickly disappointed when I realized both of them were mirrors of each other and mostly a circular boring room.

I really hope they learned their lesson. I just felt like I had zero freedom in DS and it was compounded by the fact that it's something we have all seen before while leveling.

If they were smart the Siege of Orgrimmar will have be a really hands of version of Orgrimmar for a decent portion, with a really good secret underground or alternate location that is equally long in length.

Surely I am not alone when being disappointed with ToC either. I thought the bosses were kind of interesting but I was SUPER excited when we actually fell through the ground and there was another area under ToC. That excitement was quickly replaced with boredom when I realized it was just a single room with Anub'arak in it. Siege of Orgrimmar has potential it just can't be in a backdrop everybody is familiar with and it has to be incredibly hands on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because her newfound hatred is enough to let the Sha consume her, if only temporarily, for the Orgrimmar raid.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.