Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You're also ruining other player's game experience by buying cosmetic items because it sends a message to Blizzard to continue putting more stuff in the Blizzard store, eventually making the game all about microtransactions. I think it's a dick move to kick someone over an item from the Blizzard store, but I can see why some people do it.

On the other hand, another possible outcome of the Blizzard store being succesful is that WoW eventually goes free to play, since it gets most money from Blizzard store items. If that is the case then I don't see anything wrong with people using it, everyone benefits in that case.

It's just a matter of perspective, and time will tell which it'll be.
    As long as there are raids and other main content it'll never be all about micro transactions. If they start shifting that way then we can become outraged and cancel subs as a complaint.

You're also ruining other player's game experience by buying cosmetic items because it sends a message to Blizzard to continue putting more stuff in the Blizzard store, eventually making the game all about microtransactions. I think it's a dick move to kick someone over an item from the Blizzard store, but I can see why some people do it.
    This is the same as trying to get people to stop going to gas stations to lower their prices. It's never going to happen, because someone will ALWAYS buy it. Ostracizing the people that do only makes you look like a jackass(Not you specifically, I realize you're just stating their side of the arguement).

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

On the other hand, another possible outcome of the Blizzard store being succesful is that WoW eventually goes free to play, since it gets most money from Blizzard store items. If that is the case then I don't see anything wrong with people using it, everyone benefits in that case.

It's just a matter of perspective, and time will tell which it'll be.
    Cosmetic items never have and never will ruin someone else's game experience, they have ZERO impact on you. And as long as subs remain in the millions, a sub model will be more profitable for Blizz than f2p.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why do I need to be a game developer to use my eyes, some logic and some common sense?
    Because you don't have all the information and makes you look ignorant for making baseless claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    But Im pretty sure thats more coming from a poster that actually has very little understanding of what WOW is all about... and has always been about.
    Maybe for you WoW has always been about runnin 5 mans with your casual buddies, but that doesn't make them relevant and it certainly doesn't make them a "core component". The game has simply evolved. For the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Because you don't have all the information and makes you look ignorant for making baseless claims?
    Similar to the very poster (s)he was replying to, the one that had been acting up on delusion.

And you are the developer of What game? Developing the same game where it has already been announced that there will be much more effort put into 5 mans in the future?
    You'll of course provide a source for this alleged "more effort", right?

I any case, you're still wrong. 5 mans are just one aspect of the game. We now have scenarios, LFR and regular raids. Even if Blizzard puts "much more" effort into 5 mans, it doesn't mean that they're going to be developing more 5 mans or releasing more later in expansions.

If it wasn't clear. You're just wrong.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Maybe for you WoW has always been about runnin 5 mans with your casual buddies, but that doesn't make them relevant and it certainly doesn't make them a "core component". The game has simply evolved. For the better.

Despite the fact that the majority of the player base doesn't even raid? Clearly anything else isn't a core component.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    You think transmog helmets are bad... just wait for the weapons!

/hides
    I can't wait, to be honest.

It might be petty, but now I will purchase any trasmog that comes out on the store and I will wear them everywhere to show people how fabulous they are.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-20 at 06:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    By "most players" you actually mean "the same halfwits who said that 4 years ago when the Pandaren Monk first went on sale", right?
    Or back in 2007 when the Paid Server Transfers/Character services were being offered.

This has been said again and again, with whatever they release that soon we'd be "pay-to-win" yet we are quite far from that at all, and have so far remained almost entirely cosmetic. The exception would be the planned XP buff (if it even hits NA/EU), which is essentially the same as RAF.

It's sad that people can't buy something cosmetic which they like without the annoyance of being kicked or harassed.

We've been hearing the same doomsaying and heralding since 2006 when the Paid Server/Account transfers were released, and we'll hear it, sadly, until the end of time. It's just like the "WoW is dying" crowd which have been reading the game's last rights since March of '05.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

It's a bit of an extreme measure to take, but I can somewhat see the logic in it. Those who buy the helms are in essence telling Blizzard that it is fine for them to charge extortionate prices; whether that is their intention or not. On the other hand, some people may buy the helmets simply because they like them and not necessarily because they think the prices are alright; in the same way that people will pay ridiculous amounts of gold (usually 600k+) for the likes of the Spectral Tiger in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why do I need to be a game developer to use my eyes, some logic and some common sense?
    Cause maybe that would get you waking up to the real world where ppl have been talking about how lack of new 5 mans are hurting mop and the sub base. You know... the real world where the devs have actually admitted that having those 5 mans now would help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    It's a bit of an extreme measure to take, but I can somewhat see the logic in it. Those who buy the helms are in essence telling Blizzard that it is fine for them to charge extortionate prices; whether that is their intention or not. On the other hand, some people may buy the helmets simply because they like them and not necessarily because they think the prices are alright; in the same way that people will pay ridiculous amounts of gold (usually 600k+) for the likes of the Spectral Tiger in-game.
    Not to mention people who are being gifted these items getting caught in the crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    You'll of course provide a source for this alleged "more effort", right?
    No he's probably right, they will put more effort into five mans in the future...the future being the first tier of the next expansion, which I'll repeat is the only time they are truly relevant.
    the real world where the devs have actually admitted that having those 5 mans now would help?
    Citation required.

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Nobody has all the information. But it's pretty clear that 5 mans don't serve the same role or have the same importance as they used to.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

LFR and LFG is a shit hole. This does not suprise me at all.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Except it's not collateral damage. They are attacking other players, which accomplishes absolutely nothing. They have no say in what Blizzard does and they already bought the helms so attacking them won't magically take the money away from Blizzard. Vote kicking other players accomplishes literally nothing. How is accomplishing nothing any kind of protest? Do you usually protest with the goal of hurting bystanders exclusively and doing nothing to the target?
    U truly didnt read anything i wrote did u...

This protest is not against the helms, its against Blizzard.

Theyre kicking players from LFR to cause such a stink that Blizzard will have to do something. That stink is obviously working judging by the forum response. Whether its enough for Blizzard to adress the issue remains to be seen.

Also u have to realise that kicking players out of LFR is not 'attacking players' as u put it. If players with these helms r getting attacked then thats a totally different thread.

Ur welcome to make the assumption that this kind of protest will achieve nothing, but the fact is that only time will tell if this form of protesting will get any results.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Citation required.
    He doesn't have to provide quotes or proof of any kind. Only the people that he disagrees with.

Cause maybe that would get you waking up to the real world where ppl have been talking about how lack of new 5 mans are hurting mop and the sub base. You know... the real world where the devs have actually admitted that having those 5 mans now would help?
    We got so many new 5 mans at the release of the expansion and they had some clever mechanics not seen before in other 5 mans that made the fights really engaging. However after the start of the expansion they become irrelevant because LFR exists now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Nobody has all the information. But it's pretty clear that 5 mans don't serve the same role or have the same importance as they used to.
    For YOU maybe, but you're discounting a HUGE portion of the playerbase that doesn't do much beyond small groups. They make up more of the player base than those of us that actually do raid and progress to higher levels of content.

It's still plenty relevant.