Quote Originally Posted by lopiccolomage View Post
    Are they implementing more content than just a single spaceship or two every $1,000,000?? Because it probably only cost them a few thousand dollars to create a new ship, I hope the rest of the money isn't just lining their pockets ><
    Hell no; they've had pledge goals for new star systems, NPC types, buggies, jetpacks, weapons and such. It's just that CR wants to flesh out the universe with more ships of different functions as of the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    just 28% more till the next goal
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I think it is less about the LTI than having something that is unique and exclusive for the life of the game. I know personally I wouldn't have spent as much as I did if it wasn't for LTI. It isn't that insurance is hard to get, but it is because you will never be able to get it again. They are using psychological tricks like limited sales also that some people just can't resist.

10+ Year Old Account
    some things still have LTI, but they are the items still in the 80+ range

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I think it is less about the LTI than having something that is unique and exclusive for the life of the game. I know personally I wouldn't have spent as much as I did if it wasn't for LTI. It isn't that insurance is hard to get, but it is because you will never be able to get it again. They are using psychological tricks like limited sales also that some people just can't resist.

I am inclined to think that a person could maybe compare hull insurance in SC to repair costs in a game like WOW. Its probably not a huge deal but its still part of the game nonetheless.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I got lucky, neither of my ships had LTI initially. Thankfully a bunch of the guys in a unit I play games with had access to LTI on all of the packages and they were able to melt down what I had already bought and re-gift it to me with LTI enabled. Free insurance on my Cutlass and Avenger for life

This was before they removed the ability to buy LTI packages mind you.

I love the new WIP photo for the Gladius

just about sums it up
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I love the new WIP photo for the Gladius

just about sums it up
    Could've used a better pose for that crash dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    he's just demonstrating the hand to gland combat feature in the fps module.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    he's just demonstrating the hand to gland combat feature in the fps module.

sure its not a ship called the Glandius instead in that picture? =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Yeah, not the most tasteful image so far.

The crowdfunding passed $61 million today in part because the new Redeemer gunship got buffed up to be a true gunship. Now Constellation owners are whining on the forums that their ship is now less powerful (theoretically) than the Redeemer. Idiots. The Constellation is a multi-purpose ship and the Redeemer is nothing but a gunship/troop transport. Of course the Redeemer should be more "powerful". The LTI sale for the Redeemer is on until Nov. 10th.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-11-09 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The redeemer does not have much in the room of cargo space either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based off the last poll it seems like a 3rd starter ship is in the cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yeah, not the most tasteful image so far.
    Pretty sure it's meant to be a joystick and not actually his pud It just looked unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured I would share my awesome moment I had playing earlier today. The explosions in this game are beautiful!

These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Whoa. Nearly toasted. Nice vid. With AC version 1.0, missiles are changing up so it will be a bit harder to stop with flare or chaff. Should be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Whoa. Nearly toasted. Nice vid. With AC version 1.0, missiles are changing up so it will be a bit harder to stop with flare or chaff. Should be cool.
    Yeah I'm look forward to that, because unless someone messes up missiles never hit.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Here's the latest Letter from the Chairman for passing $61 million in funding. I voted for the Terrapin but the Reliant is out in front of voting with 51% and won't be caught.

When we sat down to choose the ideal third starter we went in knowing that it needed to stand out the same way the Mustang differed from the Aurora without being dedicated to a specific role. What we couldn’t decide on was who was going to make this new ship. We already had starters from RSI and Consolidated… so who gets the next one? A pirate-oriented starter from Drake, a military one from Anvil or Aegis, or perhaps a small luxury craft from Origin or a commercial one from MISC?

In the end, we put together outlines for four possible ships, one from each ship builder (representatives from the fifth company, Origin, turned down our request; apparently, they just won’t build an inexpensive ship!) And now we’re giving backers the ability to choose which one we develop into Star Citizen’s third starter. Here are the options:

Drake Dragonfly: You don’t so much as climb into the Dragonfly as you do put it on around you. In short, it’s the closest thing to strapping an engine and a weapons mount to your spacesuit… or, as the advertising campaign claims, it’s the closest thing to riding the vacuum yourself. Occupying somewhere in the pantheon between a snub fighter and an Aurora, the Dragonfly is a speedy, maneuverable ultralight designed to be cheaply constructed in large numbers and to be readily customized by hobbyists. Dragonfly’s have become the favorite of a particular brand of enthusiast that frequently gather together to share their modifications, off-track race… and other less legitimate “hobbies.”

Aegis Terrapin: A literal tough nut to crack, the Terrapin is the most heavily armored of the base-priced spacecraft on the market. Originally designed for long-range survey missions in dangerous star systems, the Terrapin’s design philosophy involves wrapping the ship in additional layers of armor and reserving a significant amount of engine power to host the largest shield generator in its class. Terrapins are popular among private miners, with an equipment mount and a small storage hold that can be converted for valuable minerals.

Anvil Hurricane: Some ships avoid dangerous encounters with speed, some with stealth and others with maneuverability. The Anvil Hurricane’s philosophy is that it should be able to blast anything that gets in its way out of the sky. The Hurricane won’t win any races and its electronic signature won’t let you sneak behind enemy lines… but it features a wide array of fully customizable small bore weapons hardpoints plus the ability to customize weapons types in several ways. Hurricanes are often used by militia squadrons and private organizations seeking to add a “heavy” to their lineup.

MISC Reliant: With the success of the Freelancer “Built for Life” campaign, MISC has moved to join RSI and Consolidated in the single-seat introductory starship arena. Their silver bullet? A starter ship with more than one seat… and their ace in the hole: Xi’An technology. Where the Aurora is a pure utilitarian platform and the Mustang is a delicate, maneuverable personal transport, the Reliant is MISC’s most Xi’An tech-heavy ship to date. Featuring impossibly sleek lines, two separate crew seats and a vertical fuselage design, the Reliant’s streamlined cockpits glow with some of the finest xenotechnology available!

So many ships! The Reliant does seem to have the two seater advantage though, so its not surprising it's in the lead. Though the Terrapin sounded like a hardy little ship.