Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    So I'm aware. Do you really need to have them up all the time though? I usually find that a 40 sec CD is totally fine for me. Though I suppose it does depend how you want to play her, she can work well as a ganker with Ensnare and high damage, her ult can be a strong teamfight skill when used well and Ensnare can lock down high priority targets through BKB. In both of those cases a 40 sec CD is fine most of the time. If you want to split-push all day then you may need them to be available more often, but I again I usually find that one set of Illusions is enough to at least push to the tower with them being ready again by the time I've TPed and moved to start pushing another lane. Your mileage may vary.
    Spamming illusions and sending your ebola to every single place on the map that has farm left is the only 'mileage' for Naga.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Spamming illusions and sending your ebola to every single place on the map that has farm left is the only 'mileage' for Naga.
    It's OP to the point that EG.Universe actually groused about it in a recent interview. I get the feeling we'll see a lot of Naga spamming in TI5.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

1 in 250 chance of getting the new Faceless Rex immortal courier...but I want it so badly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, me too. I'm going to buy a ton of chests. Here's to hoping my luck strikes.

Probably gonna end up at level 1000 compendium, because I want that Zeus immortal too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    Yeah, me too. I'm going to buy a ton of chests. Here's to hoping my luck strikes.

Probably gonna end up at level 1000 compendium, because I want that Zeus immortal too!
    Zeus has an immortal now?

Also that new chest is insane!!! GIMME GIMME!

- - - Updated - - -

Prize pool about to overtake ti4's pool!

Also, we nearly got the desert terrain!!

DESERT TERRAIN HYPE
    I'm not big on faceless rex, but I wouldn't mind getting a purple ethereal flames rex and selling it for 6000 bucks.

"I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Honestly that would make me drop even more money for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought 11 chests and didn't get the Faceless Rex ;(

11 chests prepared as well, will open later. If no Rex, then at least I'll get pretty awesome looking sets and compendium levels.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    26 chests and no Faceless Rex in sight ((((

Deleted
    Will probably stick with the 11 boxes, but maybe RNG will finally be on my side.

Anyone to trade Golden luna for Golden am

Btw. buying the new chest is potentially cheaper than buying level points if you recycle the sets for 2 levels.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...ectors_caches/

Yeah I wanted like 4 of the sets from the chest (DK, dusa, tusk, doom) and was lucky enough to get a 1100 points drop from them. That + the achievements and it's been cheaper than just buying levels the old way anyway. Don't think it's worth it to go past 11, the sets won't be marketable they say, so they are virtually worthless, and your chance of getting the courier is...well...abysmal.

tusk and dusa set, so good.

I quite like the DK/skywrath set

10+ Year Old Account
    New sets look like shit with the exception of the VS set and maybe the Necro set. DK set looks like complete garbage because they didn't bother to cover the baseline pieces, so as a result you get blocky, bulky matte black pieces juxtaposed with shiny, streamlined gray pieces and it looks like complete shit, same issue that TA set from spring had.

Lucy, Dusa, Tusk, fucking WR, etc - they all have too many changes. "Trying too hard" in an item set. The best sets take the hero's basic colors, silhouette, and themes and work within those confines, not try and reinvent them. The Polycount contest winners from way back are still arguably the best sets in the game for their heroes for that specific reason.

But if you're going to deviate heavily from the basic appearance and theme of the hero, ffs at least make sure you cover the parts of the base skin and model that will clash with your added pieces. Dragon's Ascension is a ludicrously overdesigned and crazily colored DK set that actually works and looks absolutely amazing because the artist did exactly that. They added pieces to cover legplates, boots, and other elements of DK's base design that would otherwise clash with the new colors, fur trim, bulky armor pieces, and other things the set adds, and as a result it kicks the shit out of any other DK item set, including the new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    1 in 250 chance of getting the new Faceless Rex immortal courier...but I want it so badly.
    It's cute but I don't see the hype. Best courier is still Bearzky. I had to get the Laneshark, though - how could I be a shark if I went with a bear courier instead?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I didn't like a single polycount set that I remember. The Dusa set is great though, her default model is pretty bad and sets are a good way to greatly improve upon the base. Lots of heroes go from shit tier to great with the right set. That's really all they ever needed to do. Take Viper for example. A remodel would be nice, but you know what would also be nice is just breaking his frame down so people can make him a set, because that would still solve the issue.

Dragon's Ascension isn't bad, but it's like, 4th best DK set. Fire Dragon is better as is Blazing Superiority. It's a toss up for me between Ascension and Burning Scale but Scale obviously wins because of the awesome ultimate form.

I agree that I don't understand the hype for faceless rex. It's not even cute...it just is. It's not bad, per se, but it's not good, it's a solid 5/10. It's just...there. It's the kind of courier that would probably be my first choice if I didn't have any couriers I actually liked.

I don't understand people that would spend their money on chests to have a chance at a courier. Its literally mind boggling to me.

But I also don't understand why people donate to streamers. Particularly video game streamers.

More on topic my boy Ppd of EG released a blog talking about their recent beyond the summit tournie. Discusses drafting / why they win/lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to fucking god why is eul's still in the game? It's literally cheating on a stick. Light Strike Array, Sunstrike, countless other spells that are balanced around not being reliable suddenly become reliable 13 minutes into the game and you can basically write your own paychecks from that point on if you aren't terrible.

Item needs to either cost 4200 gold or it needs to lose ALL of the stats on it - movespeed, int, mana regen, everything. At this point I'd say it's on par with blinker in terms of giving heroes an insanely overpowered ability, except blinker is (pretended to be) balanced by not having any stats while eul's gives you a ton of stats that would be worth building the item for even if it didn't have cyclone.