Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How do I upgrade my weapon though, people won't go for chests if I run matched. Is there a guaranteed upgrade at the end of 50?
    Yes, you get 1/1 Aether for clearing 50. However, once you have your 50 clear, I don't advise ever doing 1-50 again. The rewards for Aether, XP and Tomestones will be shit compared to doing 51+. Make sure you maintain at least +13 Aether so you never get locked out of 51+. Then spam 51-60. Stick with others, ask if you can check for silvers, grab what you can find as you go. I'd keep spamming those floors until you get in the ~50 range, then start venturing deeper. By the time you're in the 70's, go for your floor 100 clear. This way you're not a complete gimp on those low floors.

Once you have your 100 clear, you can get the Kinna upgrades. Again, keep +13 Aether to stay in the 51+ range. When you're more confident with POTD mechanics and floor enemies, you can scout around more freely on your own, long as your Aether is decent(preferably yellow for the floor range you're in). A tip: Make use of those Strength and Steel poms. They buff your ability to solo considerably, and TBH saving them only for bosses is wasteful. Use them to speed up trash clears.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do I upgrade my weapon though, people won't go for chests if I run matched. Is there a guaranteed upgrade at the end of 50?
    51-60 are nearly always people wanting a quick clear for xp. Run the other floors. You need to clear 100 if you want the Kinna upgrade anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Do not consider. AFAIK you have to.
    Once you go steam with FF, you are essentially locked into it because other codes won't be compatible.

Don't ask me why, I find it stupid too.
    That's unfortunate since it means I'll miss out on the pre-order items and will have a late start but I appreciate the information.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had a thought: The countdown illustrations would make perfect birthday cards.
    Sad part? Only for those whose birthday is the 15th and younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    That's unfortunate since it means I'll miss out on the pre-order items and will have a late start but I appreciate the information.
    No you won't. Buy through steam, start the setup (you can abort it later), get your "CD key".
    There will be a preorder-key. Redeem it in Mog station and start playing on the 16th.

You can read out and redeem the actual game key on the 20th. Not before.

After that you can cancel the setup, if you have the client already installed somewhere else, like me.

While the final Palace Weapon is a 255 (first step 235), I thought it would be worth mentioning that you can do the Centurio Seal hunts in Ishgard for an ilvl 200 weapon. Super quick to get the seals needed for the ilvl 200 gear. I got the pants, chest, and gloves in 2 days (the rank 3 dailies one day, all the dailies + weekly the next). 2 accessories per day of the daily posted hunts.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-06 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, you get 1/1 Aether for clearing 50. However, once you have your 50 clear, I don't advise ever doing 1-50 again. The rewards for Aether, XP and Tomestones will be shit compared to doing 51+. Make sure you maintain at least +13 Aether so you never get locked out of 51+. Then spam 51-60. Stick with others, ask if you can check for silvers, grab what you can find as you go. I'd keep spamming those floors until you get in the ~50 range, then start venturing deeper. By the time you're in the 70's, go for your floor 100 clear. This way you're not a complete gimp on those low floors.

Once you have your 100 clear, you can get the Kinna upgrades. Again, keep +13 Aether to stay in the 51+ range. When you're more confident with POTD mechanics and floor enemies, you can scout around more freely on your own, long as your Aether is decent(preferably yellow for the floor range you're in). A tip: Make use of those Strength and Steel poms. They buff your ability to solo considerably, and TBH saving them only for bosses is wasteful. Use them to speed up trash clears.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    51-60 are nearly always people wanting a quick clear for xp. Run the other floors. You need to clear 100 if you want the Kinna upgrade anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    While the final Palace Weapon is a 235, I thought it would be worth mentioning that you can do the Centurio Seal hunts in Ishgard for an ilvl 200 weapon. Super quick to get the seals needed for the ilvl 200 gear. I got the pants, chest, and gloves in 2 days (the rank 3 dailies one day, all the dailies + weekly the next). 2 accessories per day of the daily posted hunts.

I'm not really interested in the Weapon outside of the dungeon. Because you can get a 235 from doing frontlines 2 times. I'm more interested in getting a higher Aether-level (or whatever you call it) so I can level my SAM inside PotD.

I've heard quick clears are actually the most efficient way to level up the armor and weapon, because you are bound to run into a room with a silver chest here and there and you are never guaranteed to get one if you explore a floor.

At worst, I'll just spam 1-10 till my SAM is 60. 10% for a 7-10min run isn't so bad.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-06-06 at 03:44 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    While the final Palace Weapon is a 235, I thought it would be worth mentioning that you can do the Centurio Seal hunts in Ishgard for an ilvl 200 weapon. Super quick to get the seals needed for the ilvl 200 gear. I got the pants, chest, and gloves in 2 days (the rank 3 dailies one day, all the dailies + weekly the next). 2 accessories per day of the daily posted hunts.
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post, but the final Palace weapon is 255, it's the first one that's 235.

I'm not really interested in the Weapon outside of the dungeon. Because you can get a 235 from doing frontlines 2 times. I'm more interested in getting a higher Aether-level (or whatever you call it) so I can level my SAM inside PotD.

I've heard quick clears are actually the most efficient way to level up the armor and weapon, because you are bound to run into a room with a silver chest here and there and you are never guaranteed to get one if you explore a floor.

At worst, I'll just spam 1-10 till my SAM is 60. 10% for a 7-10min run isn't so bad.
    Makes sense, then, if you're just going for armor/weapon inside to be able to work through with SAM!

1-10 disn't going to be that great for level 50. I just ran an alt through Heavensward and hit 60 this weekend. 10 runs of the 51-60 floor = EXACTLY the xp for level 59 to 60. Pretty sure floors 1-10 aren't going to match that xp. Speed running 51-60 is the "speed leveling" option you'll want for Samurai. Though expectation is it will take less than current as the armory bonus should bump from 50% to 100% bonus come Storblood.

So long as your armor/weapon is around 60-70, you're more than fine for spamming PotD to level the new jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post, but the final Palace weapon is 255, it's the first one that's 235.
    Mistake on my post, I'll correct! Thanks for catching that.

Deleted
    60-70?

Thats super high .... ugh. Well, I hace some time left to get it. I'm already at 15-20 or something, The pace should stay roughly the same.

But 60-70?

I've heard about ~30. Or do you mean 60-70 if I want to solo it? Because quite honestly, while I can't solo mobs there, I should be able to deal decent damage to them if I'm not mistaken.

1-10 disn't going to be that great for level 50. I just ran an alt through Heavensward and hit 60 this weekend. 10 runs of the 51-60 floor
    that's weird, I got 270k for my summoner and he needs 2,5million. (56-57)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-06-06 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 is doable for 51-60 but for the speediest runs you do want around 66/66+. I am planning on joining or starting a PF group with that sort of requirement so that it goes pretty quickly.

Whilst it is fine for one person to be around 30 aetherpool, if you end up with all 4 people around 30, it makes it needlessly long to kill things.

Aether comes really fast in 51+, cos you don't turn yellow until the 50's, so your Aether will build fast up until that point. It'll slow down some as you get near 60, but if you keep running and clearing, you'll get there. I could gain about 60 Aether doing 51-70 in the space of seven or eight hours. I wasn't pushing speed clears, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    60-70?

Thats super high .... ugh. Well, I hace some time left to get it. I'm already at 15-20 or something, The pace should stay roughly the same.

But 60-70?

I've heard about ~30. Or do you mean 60-70 if I want to solo it? Because quite honestly, while I can't solo mobs there, I should be able to deal decent damage to them if I'm not mistaken.

If you want to max what you can do for 51-60 you will need +64/+64 if I am not mistaken. I could be off, but I think the level sync for 60 peaks at +64 so if those are the only floors you are going to run then that should be your goal.

60-70?

But 60-70?

Hm, that surprises me that doing 1-10 (which is conceivably solo'able) would grant similar xp to Floor 51-60. If you speed run 51-60, your aether pool will accumulate pretty fast. I had a number of runs where we were getting 2 silver chests in a single room (of course now I don't benefit from them as much since I only rarely get upgraded). But if you can get that now, you're in good shape for SAM/RDM to be focused purely on xp for sure. You can join those groups that are posting "Skip all chests, speed run only" with glee.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, 270k vs 486k is still a fair difference (those are what you get at level 56 for floors 1-10 and 51-60 respectively). 51-60 doesn't take much longer than 1-10 if your aetherpool's at 64/64+

http://imgur.com/a/gY9fx

Maps of the new zones. Seems they've finally decided to not be insane and slack on the aetherytes.

People really thought the Heavensward zones needed more aetherytes? I don't think they'd seem like rough unexplored and unsettled zones if they had put 2 in every zone.

Othard and Ala Mhigo would be fairly populated, though, so having more settlements with them seems to make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    MCH 52... ugh.. dem waiting times. ._.

There's a few spots where I would have liked additional Aetheryte, but I don't think any of them aside from Hinterlands would be in Heavensward areas. I always wanted one at Whitebrim in Coerthas, and one in Eastern Thanalan on the far side of Highbridge.