Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You specifically are in for a rude awakening given how you believe everyone is going to abandon Battle for Azeroth to play on classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyeara View Post
    LOL You link me his armory, when I just said he was carried on his druid AFTER shit was on farm, and they did use 3 tanks when they let him come on his druid, and his paladin... proving my point that you are just a blind fanboy.
    He was in on the guild's first KJ kill, and using 3 tanks on certain bosses is sort of what many guilds do...

You're a blind hater spewing lies to feel better about yourself. So sad!

PS: He's Rumpapotimus
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-07 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...e/rumpapotimus

His Druid, prepped for Antorus.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rage/towelliee

His Paladin, former raiding main which he switched from based on the spec limitations.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to skip over my timestamp where he clarifies WHY he's worried about it.
    Spoiler: It's not because he's afraid to lose viewers to 2 friends of his.
    there's no clarifying anything, he simply says he doesn't want to be in the same section as the top vanilla streamers. it's before the timestamp you linked, not skipping over it at all. the thing you linked was him calling out the vanilla community for being toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    You specifically are in for a rude awakening given how you believe everyone is going to abandon Battle for Azeroth to play on classic servers.
    Quite a silly thing to say. People that want to play BFA will play BFA, people that want Classic will flock to Classic - a 300,000 signature petition says there is demand for it.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It just might. The amount of well known streamers/popular streamers/old wow content creators that are going to be streaming this will bring in a massive amount of people alone.

There’s a ton of things to factor in. Summit1g, lirik, goldwaffle, sodapoppin, heelvsassface, etc are all going to be streaming and playing it as well as hyping it. They can easily bring in a ton of people along with the hype surrounding this “experience” it’ll surely bring in a ton of people.

However that’s not a bad thing. The more money they make the more they get to spend on WoW. Personally I’m going to play both as long as I can find the time but retail will be where I’m primarily at. I also think retail will gain more players from this as well since some new people that try classic might try retail and enjoy it so they stay subbed.

Either way I don’t really see any negatives to any of this. I like both and I’ll try to play both. Retail will be my main thing though. The only problems that will come in the future is the giant community argument of “make QoL changes to vanilla” and “don’t fucking touch anything it has to be authentic”. It’s gonna be interesting to see everyone yell at each other.

Mike morhaime himself has even made a statement saying they are pumping more money into WoW then ever before (not talking about classic). This means that retail WoW itself is doing very well and is still very worthwhile to blizzard. A company wouldn’t pump more funds into an already heavily funded game if it wasn’t doing well. So there’s nothing to worry about on either side.
    and those streamers are nothing compared to wow's actual playerbase size.

also those streamers people watch whatever they play, doesn't mean they actually go and play it, when 15k ppl are watching soda do ironman challenge u think thats 15k people thinking yeh ironman lets go!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Towellie doesn't hate vanilla WOW servers, he hates the vanilla WOW fanatics who whined when he voiced an opinion different from theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    there's no clarifying anything, he simply says he doesn't want to be in the same section as the top vanilla streamers. it's before the timestamp you linked, not skipping over it at all. the thing you linked was him calling out the vanilla community for being toxic.
    Which is why he wants them under their own category, stated in the video, and he's said it since.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Towellie doesn't hate vanilla WOW servers, he hates the vanilla WOW fanatics who whined when he voiced an opinion different from theirs.
    his idea of opinion was to tell them they were wrong and that "it would never happen"

now he's gonna eat shit for it

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and those streamers are nothing compared to wow's actual playerbase size.

also those streamers people watch whatever they play, doesn't mean they actually go and play it, when 15k ppl are watching soda do ironman challenge u think thats 15k people thinking yeh ironman lets go!
    Of course not and that’s not what I said. I said it’s undeniable that these streamers that hold 30-40k viewers (and some less than that) have influence. When summit gets hyped about a game and says it’ll be good that absolutely influences people to buy it. So, when you have all of these streamers hyping up the classic server including streamers that actually played classic wow, yeah, it’ll definitely influence a huge amount of people to participate.

Whether they stay for longer than 2 months, time will tell. I can’t speak about that. Asmongold says he believes 80-90% of people will quit the server but that’s 80-90% of a potential 10million+. He could be right or wrong, who knows.

This is the most important part: hype influences people. Hype is a huge selling point and factor. WoD was the most hyped up wow expansion in the history of wow it even had its own commercial and that got 10 million+ people to sub. People that never even played before subbed. That’s what hype will do and I believe it’ll be a big factor here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Asmongold also has some insider knowledge from featuring at Blizzcon and he didn't at all sound like he was expecting a rude awakening. Also Blizzard themselves stated publicly preferring to stay very true to the original experience unless they are heavily swayed by the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Quite a silly thing to say. People that want to play BFA will play BFA, people that want Classic will flock to Classic - a 300,000 signature petition says there is demand for it.
    Of course, I am not disputing that people will play Classic servers I am however disputing the claims that the current expansion will be dead once classic launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Which is why he wants them under their own category, stated in the video, and he's said it since.
    wait, you think the only reason he wants them as separate categories is because vanilla players are mean? literally what? somehow everything he said previous to that little offhand comment, means nothing? come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Of course not and that’s not what I said. I said it’s undeniable that these streamers that hold 30-40k viewers (and some less than that) have influence. When summit gets hyped about a game and says it’ll be good that absolutely influences people to buy it. So, when you have all of these streamers hyping up the classic server including streamers that actually played classic wow, yeah, it’ll definitely influence a huge amount of people to participate.

Whether they stay for longer than 2 months, time will tell. I can’t speak about that. Asmongold says he believes 80-90% of people will quit the server but that’s 80-90% of a potential 10million+. He could be right or wrong, who knows.

This is the most important part: hype influences people. Hype is a huge selling point and factor. WoD was the most hyped up wow expansion in the history of wow it even had its own commercial and that got 10 million+ people to sub. People that never even played before subbed. That’s what hype will do and I believe it’ll be a big factor here.
    you're forgetting the reason wod got 10m was because about 7-8m were going to buy it anyway loads of ppl always buy the new wow xpac.

but classic? no people either want to play it or they don't you won't get everyone playing legion going to play classic.

and 80-90% of people quitting in the first month is a hilarious bomb, literally just backing up everyones claim of rose tinted goggles and "you think you do but you don't"

so when people go LOL we were right we made him look stupid, no 10-20% did 80-90% of the time he's right you don't actually want vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I pasted it with timestamp, but here ya go:

https://youtu.be/f0A4MtGn7Tk?t=50m51s

- - - Updated - - -

If there is anything I have learned about Blizzard... if they can possibly screw it up... they will. A handful of ex-Elitist Jerks will make sure that some of their "awesome whizbang, rng math generated bullcrap" is in there... just enough to spoil the entire experience.
    We literally know every single thing about Vanilla already. How to make gold, how to level, what classes are going to be good what raids, what comps to bring, mechanics, you name it and we know it. There is no experience anymore, there's just reliving your "hay-days" of gaming which probably directly correlate to an age that people most enjoyed in life. If you don't think there won't be simcraft, wowhead, or raidbots for the new classic - you will be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you're forgetting the reason wod got 10m was because about 7-8m were going to buy it anyway loads of ppl always buy the new wow xpac.

but classic? no people either want to play it or they don't you won't get everyone playing legion going to play classic.

and 80-90% of people quitting in the first month is a hilarious bomb, literally just backing up everyones claim of rose tinted goggles and "you think you do but you don't"

so when people go LOL we were right we made him look stupid, no 10-20% did 80-90% of the time he's right you don't actually want vanilla.
    It’s not really a bomb. If 10 million people play classic and 80% quit, you’re still left with a couple million playing on the server. That’s not bad at all, not even close.

That’s just his assertion. Don’t take it as fact just because I brought it up, it’s literally just his speculation. He’s already stated there are a ton of people who are wearing rose tinted goggles and those people will be upset, however there are plenty that really do just love the core foundation/mechanics of vanilla and those are the people that will stay. That’s what he said.

It’s very obvious there’s a lot of people blinded by nostalgia. Asmon has said it multiple times. There’s really no denying it. The people who want to actually play on it will and those who don’t just won’t. It’s that simple.

Vanilla in the current day is going to be 100x easier than it was back in the 2004-2006 days. There’s information for every little part of vanilla and people have gotten so much better at playing video games it’ll be a very different experience especially with all of the information available. It’ll be a joke, however that doesn’t stop those who really do love vanilla whether it’s for its mechanics or grinding from playing it which is a great thing.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-07 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    50:51 its linked below the op like 3 posts down
    You should have backed up a bit. At like 50:06 (or maybe :16?) he pretty specifically cites the reason to treat classic and current wow as two separate games was because the old private server crowd brought a lot of toxicity to the community. Basically it created an us vs them that didnt need to be there.

I watched his stream quite a few times back when Nost was a thing that was happening and he was pretty clear in his views; he can't stream it so he cant really support it and that the toxicity from the private server community was a turn off. He also admitted to playing on private servers off stream, and regularly told people that if they want to play on a private server not to pick the most popular one that all the youtubers and streamers were on because they were more likely to be taken down and you would loose all of your character progress.

Like... he said all this a bunch... a year ago. I can honestly say that he probably supports a classic wow as much as possible for someone who does not really want to play it can lol.

Of course, I am not disputing that people will play Classic servers I am however disputing the claims that the current expansion will be dead once classic launches.

Of course BFA servers won't die, if anyone suggests that just tell them to be quiet
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

And those people are idiotic zealots.

Just like the ones spouting Classic will die after 6 months.

Your best bet is to pay them no attention on either side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    You should have backed up a bit. At like 50:06 (or maybe :16?) he pretty specifically cites the reason to treat classic and current wow as two separate games was because the old private server crowd brought a lot of toxicity to the community. Basically it created an us vs them that didnt need to be there.

I watched his stream quite a few times back when Nost was a thing that was happening and he was pretty clear in his views; he can't stream it so he cant really support it and that the toxicity from the private server community was a turn off. He also admitted to playing on private servers off stream, and regularly told people that if they want to play on a private server not to pick the most popular one that all the youtubers and streamers were on because they were more likely to be taken down and you would loose all of your character progress.

Like... he said all this a bunch... a year ago. I can honestly say that he probably supports a classic wow as much as possible for someone who does not really want to play it can lol.
    thank you i found the correct time stamp and edited it in.

he says he just wants all the vanilla streamers like sodapop and asmon g in a separate section while they stream 24/7 vanilla. the toxic community comment is added completely as an afterthought. which is a pretty weak justification for separation all things considered.

it's towelliee, the guy still scamming people by sending them to G2A. he does not give two shits about toxicity in the community this is coming from someone who's watched him for a long time. he's just as toxic as everyone else is. self serving to the max with no fucks given.

honestly i don't think they will separate the vanilla streamers, the viewership will die down in a few months and then neither 8.0 or 1.0 will ever reach the top of twitch and part of this whole thing for blizzard is the extra attention they will be receiving. runescape doesn't split their vanilla communities either and neither does everquest. so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    This bloke is just an attention seeker, let's be honest. From the sounds of it they haven't even started having discussions about this shit

I don't really get why people say Towelliee is anti-Legacy. He doesn't come off as being against it; at least not in this video. Also, in his most recent video he's makes a point that people should play whichever version they enjoy (and that he might even try it out for himself). Don't see the problem here, honestly.