Page 1 of 48
... LastLast

Theres only one possible class left they can add to the game

And thats the tinker. The mechanical theme is something we dont have in a class yet, and tinkers could be worked to be tank, healer, and ranged/melee DPS to whatever the dev team wants.

The only argument against it is engineer as a professional

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll? There are so many other options for classes. I dont even see it happening unless it's similar to the turret dude from OW and mixing in the lightforged warframe as a CD or something. Who knows.
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    We had a meleehealer in Mists. They changed everything about monks to get rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    We had a meleehealer in Mists.
    No, you had a melee dps who could heal (in effect).
    I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank etc. The melee healer has no concept of mana.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    A ranged tank would only work if they never designed a boss with a cleaving mechanic, front cone, beam or proximity mechanic ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Deleted
    I was about "yeah, another Tinker thread", so here I am

It could be viable in some ways, like Spalding said, something like Torb is, throwing armor at you, or building turrets... some kind of support.

If you consider "Tinkerer" a class, then there's still dozens of classes available..
    Necromancer.
    Puppeteer.
    Bezerker/Mauler.
    Bard/Herald.
    Mesmer/Trickster.
    Lithe/Siren
    Land/plant Shaper.
    And lots more..
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank etc.
    It would look like there is field medic sitting on top of tank doing the bandaging all the time. I'd say it would be very annoying for the tank :P

No, you had a melee dps who could heal (in effect).
    I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank
    That sounds terrible, honestly. Other than dealing with the tank running around and you having to try and keep up, it would screw with a lot of tanking mechanics.

Well, Tinkers could certainly be an option if Blizzard wanted to make it a class. They could make up anything they wanted to make more classes, though, so I don't think Tinkers are the only class they could add. They could make a separate Necromancer class from Unholy DKs if they wanted. Likewise, Runemasters could be a different class if they used the RPG description of them. Bards don't seem as ridiculous anymore when we have a Brewmaster spec. Blademasters could easily be a warrior spec, or a separate class if they wanted to make up anything they wanted.

I don't have anything against Tinkers as an idea - I would actually look forward to it. However, I think it's a bit short-sighted to say that they're the only class Blizzard could add now.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    Melee healer = paladin. 10 yard auras, wear plate, can use a shield, mastery buffs healing the closer they are to the action. Ranged tank doesn't even make sense. Someone who stays at range and grabs the attention of the enemy is the definition fo kiting, not tanking, and there are several classes that can do that well. If you mean cloth tank, well monks should have worn cloth =\, but some sort of self shielding swordmage (4ed D&D) type tank would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Melee healer = paladin.
    Paladin = ranged healer or melee dps.

aw not this topic again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    If you consider "Tinkerer" a class, then there's still dozens of classes available..
    Necromancer.
    Puppeteer.
    Bezerker/Mauler.
    Bard/Herald.
    Mesmer/Trickster.
    Lithe/Siren
    Land/plant Shaper.
    And lots more..
    As much as I'd like to see some of those, most of them are in the game or are so close that they'd never add them as a distinct class.

Necromancer - Unholy DK
    Berzerker - Fury Warrior
    Land/plant Shaper - Sounds like a mix of Shaman/Druid

And others just wouldn't mesh well with how wow works for the most part.

Puppeteer - Assuming you mean something along the lines of an enchantment caster, it leaves little compatibility with any of the three standard roles (DPS/Healer/Tank) unless you mean for it to be a heavy pet/follower class. In that case you've just got something like a BM hunter or Demo Warlock

Bard - Similar to above, a little more viable maybe, but still an old-school support class. I can see maybe as a spec, but not as a class.

Mesmer/Trickster - Again, very indirect method of combat. Possible, but I don't see much of a chance for it to happen.

I can see why people call for a tinker class, but it's not likely to happen at all, let alone anytime soon. I fear it may be a step too steampunk for Blizzard's taste. Maybe someday, but if/when they make a WoW 2, that's when I'd expect to see it at the exclusion of engineering as a profession.

5+ Year Old Account
    I seriously don't get why people want to ruin the game by adding this garbage.

I realize the distinction you're trying to make Schwarzkopf, and while paladins aren't melee healers in the concept that you're suggesting, they are in fact melee healers by design. A paladin that is healing at range is going to be doing terrible numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the line we saw tinkers. How long were we all saying demon hunters and classic would never happen, and now they have. Pretty much anything can happen now. Whatever they think will make em a buck is what they'll give.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post

Necromancer...Death Knight
    Puppeteer....Puppeteer
    Bezerker/Mauler...Warrior
    Bard/Herald.
    Mesmer/Trickster....would be a Bard
    Lithe/Siren...totally blanking on this class, but a siten is probably a Bard
    Land/plant Shaper....Druid
    And lots more...most of which would be different flavours of existing classes

We have enough classes already, ffs.