Poll: Would you be happy with this?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Would you be happy if the server is 1.12 based, no alterations, as close to this release as possible, all raids open, no new content ever?
    Whenever someone tells me they want 1.12 or 1.12.X, I know that they are private server freeloaders and not real vanilla players who supported and played the game when it was live and went through the real experience.

FYI - to all who believe 1.12 was the "real vanilla" or "best form" or "finished product", whatever the hell you want to call it.. you are mislead by your BS private server experience or just repeating the words of someone else as if it was your first person experience to sound more credible.

1.12.0 came a few months before the TBC launch, and by then a lot of people were burned out and were taking a break until the expansion launch. There were hardcore guild still working on Naxx but a lot of guilds had to take a break or stop raiding all together because they lost a few key players and it was pretty impossible to instantly replace a naxx40 lvl player at the time. So a lot of real vanilla players didn't even experience the 1.12.X variations because they were unsubbed and the school season had started and they were waiting for the TBC to come out..

Also forgot to add 1.12 is when "Cross-server BGs" first entered the game which is one of the leading causes of the death of "server community" so when the "vanilla players" cry about wanting a community and 1.12 at the same time, I am afraid a black hole will open under their feet from the paradox that they are causing.
    Last edited by faithbane; 2017-12-20 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Anything vanilla would be great, 1.12 even.

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Since people keep bringing up the paladin bitching, btw, since it seems a running theme that 'BUFF PALADINS' is the whine topic du jour of every classic forum out there - changing balance for one class has broad implications across the entirety of the game, because content wasn't tuned for 7.3.5 WoW or even 2.0 WoW class mechanics. Paladins were also only available to one faction in vanilla, and by making them better than they were, you're going to throw faction balance off even more than the game mechanics already make it (dwarf priest, paladin already make the margin of error for your average alliance raid wider).

The other hybrids are in essentially the same poor state - druid is arguably worse. If you changed all of those classes and specs, you're
    a) making content tuned for vanilla raiders even more trivial and
    b) inviting ten more years of people bitching and whining about VANILLA SERVERS because when the servers die they'll say 'WELL THEY CHANGED [X] SO IT WASN'T REAL VANILLA, IF IT HAD BEEN REAL VANILLA IT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN 10 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS AND ENDED WORLD HUNGER AND UNIFIED KOREA.'
    Yeah, you make changes to classes in ways that never were and you open a floodgate of bullshit. I'm very concerned that they will listen to these vocal people.

1.12 had to many catch up .mechanics any other patch im fine with.

I want the content released as progression.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Would you be happy if the server is 1.12 based, no alterations, as close to this release as possible, all raids open, no new content ever?
    That's what we want, except the "all raids open".

They should stagger content release, like most private realms do. Start with Molten Core\Onyxia, 6 months later open BWL, etc etc.

Having every raid open from the get go would be silly.

If i could be 'choosy', i'd rather have a previous version, since 1.12 had huge player power spikes and makes content easier than intended, but i'd be fine with 1.12.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-22 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    I have a theory that these people who want 1.12 from start have only played on private servers.
    Hey they are flaming people who want "balanced" specs but still they want 1.12 to start into Classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Yes and no.

The balance was fine in 1.12 which will make most people happy presumably, but that's also exactly the point. The bad balance early on is part of the true Vanilla progression. Molten Core and Blackwing Lair with 1.12 specs and abilities is beyond trivial. Tanks won't lose aggro, dps will do more damage and healers will heal better.
    Thanks... original patch cycle without game breaking bugs please and maybe I will touch this nostalgia feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    You right. Now I see that. 1.12 and buffing up the bosses is the way to go.
    this could work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Happy? Yes.

Is it my prefererad model? No.

My preferred model would be to have 2 parallel Classic Realms. One progression realm with an accelerated patch cycle, and one 1.12 realm. The progression realm would merge into the 1.12 realm annually, at which point a new progression realm would open up. Rinse and repeat for as long as there is a World of Warcraft.
    That´s a cool idea aswell. It would give the choice to the players

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Whenever someone tells me they want 1.12 or 1.12.X, I know that they are private server freeloaders and not real vanilla players who supported and played the game when it was live and went through the real experience.

FYI - to all who believe 1.12 was the "real vanilla" or "best form" or "finished product", whatever the hell you want to call it.. you are mislead by your BS private server experience or just repeating the words of someone else as if it was your first person experience to sound more credible.

1.12.0 came a few months before the TBC launch, and by then a lot of people were burned out and were taking a break until the expansion launch. There were hardcore guild still working on Naxx but a lot of guilds had to take a break or stop raiding all together because they lost a few key players and it was pretty impossible to instantly replace a naxx40 lvl player at the time. So a lot of real vanilla players didn't even experience the 1.12.X variations because they were unsubbed and the school season had started and they were waiting for the TBC to come out..

Also forgot to add 1.12 is when "Cross-server BGs" first entered the game which is one of the leading causes of the death of "server community" so when the "vanilla players" cry about wanting a community and 1.12 at the same time, I am afraid a black hole will open under their feet from the paradox that they are causing.
    People say they 1.12 class mechanics and bug fixes, dude. That's it. Don't reply to shit if you don't understand what's being discussed.

15+ Year Old Account
    1.12 with staggered raid and dungeon release. PVE needs a bit of retuning to offset 1.12 power creep and also, disable crossrealm BGs. That is the only sensible way to go, I'm almost sure this is how it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    People say they 1.12 class mechanics and bug fixes, dude. That's it. Don't reply to shit if you don't understand what's being discussed.
    1) not sure if its your grammar or if you were in such a hurry to troll that you messed up that sentence? I suggest if your reply is 1 line, at least read it once to see if it makes sense before posting.

2) If you can't see the irony of people wanting 1.12 for the "real vanilla experience" while I explained in detailed why 1.12 was no where near what majority of vanilla players experienced, there isn't much else I can do for you. Go back to your shitty private server or the echo chamber that you dwell in

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    broad implications across the entirety of the game
    Like not having people to bully, mock, and deride, or free HKs on your one-note PoMPyro Mage? How horrible!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Would prefer they just start at the beginning and let it roll. 1.12 is ok but they would probably need to retune the dungeons a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most servers use the 1.12 game and roll out content in the order it was put into the game, starting with launch content. I think this would be the best route to take for a 'pure' Classic server (as opposed to one with numerical class balancing, high-res graphics, or other changes) since it gives players the best of both worlds--a feature-complete Classic experience without the worst bugs from each patch and reliable class design they can plan around for every raid tier.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    1.12 is the patch they put out 2 weeks before TBC launched. It was the patch to make everything easy so people could finish up the old content, that and they rebalanced all the gear making it more powerful as well.

Why start at the end of vanilla? Why not start at the beginning with patch 1.1 like everyone did when vanilla launched?

If you want 1.12 we might as well start with TBC.

Keep in mind too that if we do start with 1.1 after a year and eight monts we'll reach 1.12 just like you want.
    That's patch 1.13, it had the BC talents. 1.12 was more balanced but still Vanilla-like.

Edit: actually that was 2.0, not 1.13. 1.12 was released in Oct 2006.
    Last edited by JCD000; 2017-12-23 at 03:55 AM.

It has to start in closed beta for the people or with wont be real.

1.12 with slow Raid release would be the best option!