Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All I know is that if D3 gets rebooted later in development just like D1 and D2 did, then that is a sure fire sign for EVERYONE to steer clear of it. Let Bungie know that their incompetence and indecisions won't be tolerated.
    IMO the current state of Destiny 2 is a sure fire sign for everyone to stay away from Bungie and anything else they do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, now shouldn't be "mid-development", but early development for Destiny 3. Game should be passed off to live team. So this would either be them replacing live team leads, or them replacing leads early on for Destiny 3, which is what I'd prefer between the two given that apparently the live team did solid work helping Destiny 1 get back on track after early issues from what I remember reading.
    At this point, the Live Team is the only part of Bungie that seems to have their heads even remotely still attached. Granted, they could fuck this up just as much as the main team this time around, but they did do a pretty good job with RoI and AoT. If the Live Team lets us down, then there really is no hope left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO the current state of Destiny 2 is a sure fire sign for everyone to stay away from Bungie and anything else they do.
    True, but I meant for that warning to be geared more towards people who are somehow still finding a way to defend Bungie currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    True, but I meant for that warning to be geared more towards people who are somehow still finding a way to defend Bungie currently.
    True can't disagree with that at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    long story short
    -curse of osiris is a 2 hour campaign that reuses multiple areas and even a whole strike from the base game
    -1 lost sector
    -1 new public event
    -mercury is super tiny and theres not really any reason to go there
    -the seasonal event was less mmo and more mobage event with it heavily skewed around having to buy hundreds of dollars worth of special engrams to get things
    -playerbase has dropped by an estimated 80+%
    -jason schrier who always gets the legitimate bungie leaks writes long story about how D2 was another total rework and mess and microtransactions were bungies idea, not activisions because 'making content every 3 months is too hard'
    -bungie forums in meltdown with literally tens of thousands of #removeeververse threads
    -players did the math and the seasonal engrams rng requires up to 10,000 dollars to get everything in the timeframe of a season
    -bungie is now hiring new leads for all posititions
    -have stated "we need to talk" and then gone dark

thats what i can remember. its kind of FFXIV 1.0/Diablo 3 1.0 but worse.
    So basically i can still play it for the lulz because gearing in the game is the equivalent of "sucking less" instead of "being more powerful". At leats i can run heroic strikes since they with automatic matchmaking? I don't see myself going into nightfall or raid anytime soon given how there's very few things to do.

Really, i tried to make me like the game. Gunplay is still fun and i like the graphics/art style. But it's an hollow shell.

EDIT: i suppose i'll stay on PoE.I'll get on this again when the next DLC comes out since i even bought the pass (yeah yeah i've been an idiot) but sure as hell i won't take anything Bungie ever again.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-01-06 at 02:29 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mybad it was half and not a forth.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-year-so-far

Based on VGchartz its half across the board compared to Destiny 1 (launch not the expansion bundles). Those numbers like always isn't 100%.

(XboxOne)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games...50&order=Sales
    (PS4)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games...50&order=Sales

Got any that compare time frames? like what the both sold in the first 3-5 months? Comparing sales from a game thats been out for 3-4 years compared to one for months isn't really fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Got any that compare time frames? like what the both sold in the first 3-5 months? Comparing sales from a game thats been out for 3-4 years compared to one for months isn't really fair.
    Yes in the first link of the quote you replyed to.

Sales numbers leaked to NeoGAF - which Eurogamer understands to be accurate - list Destiny 2 as having sold 175k physical copies during its UK launch week, compared to Destiny 1's total of 417k.
    The same likely apply's everywhere else. Destiny 2 did worse then Destiny 1 period.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-06 at 03:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes in the first link of the quote you replyed to.

The same likely apply's everywhere else. Destiny 2 did worse then Destiny 1 period.

Thats only UK what about other regions?

Yeah, that's physical sales. Physical sales continue to decline as digital sales grow.

We really can't say what its sales numbers are like, other than it sold less at retail than D1 (which I don't know if they're counting PS3/Xbox 360 into that as well, as digital adoption has increased with this generation compared to last, which would definitely skew things). PSN chart puts it below CoD:WWII for total sales for the year, even with its 2 month head start, but that still doesn't mean it sold anywhere near half.

I think it's pretty safe to say it still sold pretty damn well. It may not have hit the overwhelming success they'd wanted/hoped (their sales PR was about PSN digital sales and "engagement", which isn't terribly strong), but if it was selling half of what D1 sold then we'd definitely be hearing rumblings about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It certainly won't with the amount of balls Bungie is dropping.
    If they don't change things, you're right in the longer term. But they turned around Destiny 1, and while these problems hit Destiny 2 sooner it's still possible to turn things around in Destiny 2. Their window of time is running out though, and thus far the little progress they've made in addressing issues has largely been erased by the additional problems they've caused.

It's way to late now. They might be able to pull back the ultra passionate fans with some good changes and maybe even just a simple chatlog version for PC might help but with the big titles coming out this year like monster hunter around the corner there are bigger and better things to spend your time on

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It's way to late now. They might be able to pull back the ultra passionate fans with some good changes and maybe even just a simple chatlog version for PC might help but with the big titles coming out this year like monster hunter around the corner there are bigger and better things to spend your time on
    Monster Hunter has some overlap, but not that much. And given that it's not launching on PC until Fall, at least PC has some more time without it. Not to mention that MH, while popular, has nowhere near the popularity of Destiny.

Monster Hunter has some overlap, but not that much. And given that it's not launching on PC until Fall, at least PC has some more time without it. Not to mention that MH, while popular, has nowhere near the popularity of Destiny.
    Well you still got PUBG which continues to grow in popularity and you have Far cry 5, metro Exodus, Battalion 1944 all FPS shooters coming out. Destiny might have the bigger name but they dont have quality on their side and gamers eventually end up on the side of quality.

Well you still got PUBG which continues to grow in popularity and you have Far cry 5, metro Exodus, Battalion 1944 all FPS shooters coming out. Destiny might have the bigger name but they dont have quality on their side and gamers eventually end up on the side of quality.
    Oh, I'm not saying that Destiny doesn't have challenges with other games coming out this year. But they still have time to salvage the game and get it back on track. Games like Far Cry and Metro likely won't be longterm time sinks in the way a game like Destiny is. Yeah, they'll eat up weeks/maybe a month or two, but after that folks will be left with time to spare. Again, Destiny 1 managed to do this and it too faced competitive launches competing for players time/money/attention.

Bungie is going to need to haul ass though. You're right, they're facing an uphill battle with some of the upcoming launches, and with the community as upset as they have been in recent months (which was much faster than the anger bubbled up in D1) I doubt they're going to be terribly forgiving if Bungie doesn't start communicating meaningful and popular information ASAP, keep that communication up, and start implementing changes quickly.

The sheer volume of outrage you see everywhere basically says they haven't come close to running out of time on fixing things right now. When the game has radio silence because people don't even care enough to be outraged like this about it then that's when they've completely lost their opportunity.

You don't see that level of people being upset if they aren't interested in the first place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Bungie is going to need to haul ass though. You're right, they're facing an uphill battle with some of the upcoming launches, and with the community as upset as they have been in recent months (which was much faster than the anger bubbled up in D1) I doubt they're going to be terribly forgiving if Bungie doesn't start communicating meaningful and popular information ASAP, keep that communication up, and start implementing changes quickly.
    Oh, they'll pull their typical Bungie shenanigans and say that they've been listening and that they've got things in the works, but won't be able to give us a definite timeline of when most of those changes will happen. It'll be that message over and over for weeks/months while they slowly trickle out small fixes (if that) while leaving all the big stuff and QoL changes behind DLC/Expansion paywalls like they always have. All the while, I'm sure they'll keep shoving Eververse down our throats and begging us to buy stuff from it to "fund additional content" even though we know that excuse is a complete load of horse shit at this point.

Not even one of those FPS is remotely similiar to Destiny 2, which is looter shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Not even one of those FPS is remotely similiar to Destiny 2, which is looter shooter.
    Ok then do a run of borderlands 2 again. Get more enjoyment and would be 30x cheaper

Ok then do a run of borderlands 2 again. Get more enjoyment and would be 30x cheaper
    Just saying no new PC game scratch the same surface as Destiny 2.

Well from the plummeting numbers of people playing destiny 2 seems like that isnt scratching any surface.

Warframe just got a big update, u mite have to check it out.