Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Kentucky High School shooting...seriously? Another shooting?

I actually seriously debated on posting this.... seriously. There will probably be another one a couple weeks from now and nothing will have been done/changed... because "ZOMG 2nd Ammendmentz!!!"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...-live-11900651

Don't ask me how the UK seems to get this news before our major networks do, but there it is. =/

Well well well, this thread is gonna go places. the usual shitshow between gunlovers and sane ppl ! oh no xD

Until it starts affecting Senators directly, like their kids or something, they won't do anything. Gun regulation was voted down.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Doesn't sound like much of a shooting.

I dated this girl for a while and her high school had airport type metal detectors at the front entrance and all the students were scanned, had to empty their pockets, etc. Their backpacks were scanned separately.

All this because the kids would bring guns to school, gang activity mostly.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It's so common that no one seems to care anymore.

A lot of detail is missing from the story. I mean it is scary to think that we as American citizens can't negotiate some pre-requisites to owning firearms that would keep them out of reach for the mentally unstable. However, logically, the want of firearms and protecting the 2nd amendment is understandable as well. Many countries don't have the issue, sure, but other countries Governments aren't blowing arms trades with countries on their borders, i.e. Fast and Furious. As long as the individuals that want to use firearms for nefarious reasons have access to them, the American public will demand they have access to them as well.

I honestly have to laugh at anyone judging the state and conditions of the US from the outside, as they have absolutely no idea what it is like within. Yes America has a lunatic problem, likewise we have a gun issue, but people have no fucking clue what they're talking about when they say "Hue, hue, just band gunnzerz" as the amount of illegal firearms on the market readily available for those that would use them for ill means is every bit as prevalent as legal firearms for those that would acquire them for personal protection. To say differently really shows how sheltered some individuals are.

Other countries have a better quality of life and less gun related murder, fan-fucking-tastic, 3 cheers for you. Our government is actively against us as citizens prospering, and high crime and the mass of those willing to take from someone else to make their situation selfishly better is a product of that. Any moron that says just ban guns is the answer honestly should never be in a decision making role, as the influx of power goes directly to the criminals. Yes we have issues with gun violence and psychopaths, but the answer isn't an easy one, to say otherwise just proves how naive and sheltered you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Inb4 "guns are great and more guns would've saved that kid". Canada has a very similar culture to the United States and mass shootings here are few and far between. Get a grip with this second amendment bullshit already. The government has nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons at their disposal. Your pistols won't do a god damn thing if you try to rise up against the government for some sort of "injustice".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    A lot of detail is missing from the story. I mean it is scary to think that we as American citizens can't negotiate some pre-requisites to owning firearms that would keep them out of reach for the mentally unstable. However, logically, the want of firearms and protecting the 2nd amendment is understandable as well. Many countries don't have the issue, sure, but other countries Governments aren't blowing arms trades with countries on their borders, i.e. Fast and Furious. As long as the individuals that want to use firearms for nefarious reasons have access to them, the American public will demand they have access to them as well.

I honestly have to laugh at anyone judging the state and conditions of the US from the outside, as they have absolutely no idea what it is like within. Yes America has a lunatic problem, likewise we have a gun issue, but people have no fucking clue what they're talking about when they say "Hue, hue, just band gunnzerz" as the amount of illegal firearms on the market readily available for those that would use them for ill means is every bit as prevalent as legal firearms for those that would acquire them for personal protection. To say differently really shows how sheltered some individuals are.

Other countries have a better quality of life and less gun related murder, fan-fucking-tastic, 3 cheers for you. Our government is actively against us as citizens prospering, and high crime and the mass of those willing to take from someone else to make their situation selfishly better is a product of that. Any moron that says just ban guns is the answer honestly should never be in a decision making role, as the influx of power goes directly to the criminals. Yes we have issues with gun violence and psychopaths, but the answer isn't an easy one, to say otherwise just proves how naive and sheltered you are.
    You're right by saying that criminals will find a way to find firearms no matter where they come from. But why should access to them be easier? At the very least America should tighten up gun control and require people to undergo a psyhc test before being able to purchase a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Inb4 "guns are great and more guns would've saved that kid". Canada has a very similar culture to the United States and mass shootings here are few and far between. Get a grip with this second amendment bullshit already. The government has nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons at their disposal. Your pistols won't do a god damn thing if you try to rise up against the government for some sort of "injustice".

- - - Updated - - -

You're right by saying that criminals will find a way to find firearms no matter where they come from. But why should access to them be easier? At the very least America should tighten up gun control and require people to undergo a psyhc test before being able to purchase a firearm.
    Criminals, i.e. felons CAN'T own firearms. There is already a law in place to prevent it... Nothing is made easier for them to acquire them?!?! They still get their hands on them. A guy I knew, which is now in prison, used to rob houses of known gun owners to funnel them onto the streets. How in the hell would you make a law against that this isn't already on the books?

Criminals, i.e. felons CAN'T own firearms. There is already a law in place to prevent it... Nothing is made easier for them to acquire them?!?! They still get their hands on them. A guy I knew, which is now in prison, used to rob houses of known gun owners to funnel them onto the streets. How in the hell would you make a law against that this isn't already on the books?
    Clearly you misunderstood what I said. This guy who just performed the shooting is now a "Criminal" but he could've been a normal guy before hand. Never been involved in a crime in his life. Say he wasn't a criminal before hand, got a psych test and didn't pass. Now its slightly more difficult for him to find and get a firearm.

Not even sure why I replied to be honest. The gun control argument is just both sides sticking their heads in the sand. I hope you never have to lose a loved one to a shooting because I guarantee if you did it would more of a black and white issue for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Vegas, there were bipartisan calls to ban the manufacture/sale of bump stocks.

And absolutely nothing came of it.

Don't expect much to change.
    Eat yo vegetables

- - - Updated - - -

The most ironic part of the "criminals will get guns regardless of regulations" argument is that it completely ignores the fact that the vast majority of shooters in these mass shootings and school shootings acquired the guns in a completely legal manner. Most often the kids get the guns because their parents didn't properly secure them.

I think in addition to requiring mental health evaluations and background checks, we also need to start prosecuting parents of kids who take their guns and kill people. The parent is responsible for the kid getting the gun. Have a gun safe, have trigger locks, keep the ammunition locked in a separate location and keep the keys to all of it on your body at all times. People have got to start being responsible for the guns they bring into their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Until it starts affecting Senators directly, like their kids or something, they won't do anything. Gun regulation was voted down.
    There actually a lot of gun regulation out there..... Its not the "wild west"

Clearly you misunderstood what I said. This guy who just performed the shooting is now a "Criminal" but he could've been a normal guy before hand. Never been involved in a crime in his life. Say he wasn't a criminal before hand, got a psych test and didn't pass. Now its slightly more difficult for him to find and get a firearm.
    That's true, and I assumed you were referring to what I meant by pre-established criminal. In that case, yes it is a catch 22, he wasn't a criminal or using the firearm incorrectly until he used it illegally. I am not attempting the slippery slope argument. I for one absolutely believe there should be a psych evalutation, but there is a lot that goes with that as well. A great study is on the Lucifer Effect, or rather what causes a normal individual to snap. You can't always tell what lies dormant in individuals and you never know when it will trigger. To be able to catch that is near impossible. One could even ask what causes more people to snap in the US than other countries that also have access to firearms. It still isn't an easy answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    The most ironic part of the "criminals will get guns regardless of regulations" argument is that it completely ignores the fact that the vast majority of shooters in these mass shootings and school shootings acquired the guns in a completely legal manner. Most often the kids get the guns because their parents didn't properly secure them.

I think in addition to requiring mental health evaluations and background checks, we also need to start prosecuting parents of kids who take their guns and kill people. The parent is responsible for the kid getting the gun. Have a gun safe, have trigger locks, keep the ammunition locked in a separate location and keep the keys to all of it on your body at all times. People have got to start being responsible for the guns they bring into their homes.
    No, the real irony is that you only get the reports of when the individuals you described and the circumstances you laid out happen. Do you know how many shootings happen in this country a fucking day? Chicago is the perfect rebuttal to your argument.

Nothing is going to happen because the gun lobby is too powerful, even stuff that has wide spread support like UBCs and bans on bump stocks fizzle and go nowhere.

Our government is failing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Just 1 killed not worth of my time bye.
    infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-01-23 at 09:05 PM.

If we can’t restrict the access to illegal drugs on the street what is the virtue of restricting firearms to people? If somebody wants something they’ll get it. Its society that needs help, not laws that can’t be fully enforced.

That's true, and I assumed you were referring to what I meant by pre-established criminal. In that case, yes it is a catch 22, he wasn't a criminal or using the firearm incorrectly until he used it illegally. I am not attempting the slippery slope argument. I for one absolutely believe there should be a psych evalutation, but there is a lot that goes with that as well. A great study is on the Lucifer Effect, or rather what causes a normal individual to snap. You can't always tell what lies dormant in individuals and you never know when it will trigger. To be able to catch that is near impossible. One could even ask what causes more people to snap in the US than other countries that also have access to firearms. It still isn't an easy answer.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the real irony is that you only get the reports of when the individuals you described and the circumstances you laid out happen. Do you know how many shootings happen in this country a fucking day? Chicago is the perfect rebuttal to your argument.
    Yeah, nobody cares about Chicago though. Chicago has been abandoned, it's called Chiraq for a reason. No news source out there has the time and resources to devote to Chicago shootings, that would be a 24hr news channel of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    If we can’t restrict the access to illegal drugs on the street what is the virtue of restricting firearms to people? If somebody wants something they’ll get it. Its society that needs help, not laws that can’t be fully enforced.
    This! Marijuana has been illegal in all states up until a few years ago, yet 90% of dipshit teens have a joint hanging out of their mouth in Facebook pics and on their snapchats, don't they? Yes, ban guns, they dematerialize after you do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    99% of these school spree shooters got their guns legally, or took it from a parent. Theres no regulation that tells parents to put their guns in a safe and never lose the key. Do you want cops to go door to door of registered gun owners, hourly, to ensure that their gun is still secured ? Come on.

America is flooded with guns. In the UK right now we have almost zero gun crime, but I can easily get a gun by phoning a guy. It would take 5 minutes. Now realise that the UK has a fraction of the guns of America and also doesn't even allow them to be legally owned.

You start. Tell us how you would solve the following issues:

1. Guns are legal right now in America, meaning many homes are a resource for easily accessible guns for psychopaths and others living in the home.
    2. Estimates for the amount of guns in America is close to 300 million, meaning accessibility is even easier simply by sheer overwhelming numbers.
    3. Those that commit gun crimes with illegally owned guns are already breaking the law. What makes you think that they will follow your new law, if you choose to implement one?
    4. Because of the amount of guns in America (300m roughly) cops MUST carry a gun at all times. Meaning thugs also feel the need to carry guns. Both sides are now armed, one to protect the US and one that doesn't care about the law or regulations or human life.
    5. Many guns are used for hunting or range shooting. Is owning a gun for hunting or fun now illegal in your world? What will that accomplish?

I hate this 'we need gun control' bullshit. Its the bystander effect in full swing. NONE of you know where to even begin, yet you all shout "GUN CONTROL!" to signal your virtue. We get it! People dying is bad. Most of us don't feel the need to blame politicians or people that own guns for protection for failing to overcome a task that nobody knows where to even begin on.