Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So it’s the “you haven’t been paying attention” option then. Gotcha.
    "Somebody disagree with my anecdotal evidence and bias - he must clearly be wrong!" Internetz warrior bushido 101

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    "Somebody disagree with my anecdotal evidence and bias - he must clearly be wrong!" Internetz warrior bushido 101
    You would have a point, If what @Zephyr Storm said was anecdotal....

It isn't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Your statement would have merit if what I was referring to was actually anecdotal, but it wasn’t.

Also, didn’t you just admit a few posts back that you never even played D1, and especially not in Year 1? You simply watched some videos and read some reviews after the fact and listened to other people’s opinions? Sorry, but your opinion on the matter means diddly squat anyway. Come back when you have actually experienced Year 1, D1. Oh wait, you can’t anymore. So stop adding your two cents to things you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Your statement would have merit if what I was referring to was actually anecdotal, but it wasn’t.

Also, didn’t you just admit a few posts back that you never even played D1, and especially not in Year 1? You simply watched some videos and read some reviews after the fact and listened to other people’s opinions? Sorry, but your opinion on the matter means diddly squat anyway. Come back when you have actually experienced Year 1, D1. Oh wait, you can’t anymore. So stop adding your two cents to things you know nothing about.
    Soo i should value your opinion on said matter more than professional reviewers (not only one) because you were there?

I dont know something so i educate myself. Watched reviews. Read opinions. If everyone tells something is shit then it probably is shit. Like D1 before Taken King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You would have a point, If what @Zephyr Storm said was anecdotal....

It isn't.
    Nah, it is about dismissing other people opinion because he has other.

But once again what he said ISN'T a opinion. You would have a point if it was but it isn't.

Soo i should value your opinion on said matter more than professional reviewers (not only one) because you were there?
    Seeing how "Professional Reviewers" didn't play more than maybe 10 hours....Yes. There is a reason someone with 50 hours and someone with 10 have a widely different opinion about a game.

I would have a totally different opinion about Destiny 2 if all I played was the leveling.

Also what the fuck is a "Professional Reviewer" no such thing exist at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all are talking in opinions so it's all anecdotal.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions or not, there are some numbers out there that show the number of players that participated in the last IB:

https://trials.report/

7,488 PC players.
    Last edited by Bugg; 2018-02-07 at 09:57 AM.

D1 - sparrows, ghosts and shaders: rewarded from gameplay
    D2 - sparrows, ghosts and shaders: cash shop only
    D1 - you can access any story missions at any time from the map
    D2 - you are only allowed 3 random replays per week from ikora with no choice whatsoever
    D1 - random weapon rolls allow for over 100,000 gear combinations
    D2 - fixed weapons and gear allow for 10,000 gear combinations
    D1 - strikes are level based beginning at 8 and ending at the cap of 20 and related to the main story or questlines on the world map
    D2 - strikes are hidden behind a random playlist with some players to this day having only seen Inverted Spire or Pyramidion on repeat for 5 months and its all scaling so the challenge never changes and most are unrelated to the story
    D1 - all activities have a hard mode with greater challenges for greater rewards
    D2 - all activities have one difficulty and scaling so you are no more powerful than a beginner and taking the exact same time to kill enemies in the world, rending all 'power increase' pointless outside the raid where it allows people to skip mechanics entirely.
    D1 - levelling post cap grants motes of light used to upgrade gear or buy items from the Speaker for noticable player power increases
    D2 - levelling post cap grants you a free taste of the cash shop, driving players to revisit it TO SEE ALL THESE GREAT DEALS! and the new engram cap means you have to or your player power items are stuck in the postmaster until you go to the cash shop. You have no choice in taking part in this
    D1 - you can carry an infinite amount of engrams.
    D2 - you can carry ten max and cash shop ones take up space here as well.
    D1 - Shaders are an account wide unlock that you keep forever
    D2 - Shaders are a one time consumable per armour piece and the ones that dont make you clownsuit are in most cases locked behind the cash shop
    D1 - Specs have 225 possible permutations based on taste that drastically alters player abilities
    D2 - specs have 2 possible variations based on which grenade you like
    D1 - each day there are a dozen bounties to pick up at your choosing to go to multiple planets to complete. You can keep it forever until its done across pve and pvp. doing what you like when you like
    D2 - each day you have a 3 objective challenge. You have the day to do it and if you dont like it tough shit
    D1 - factions are always there and allegiances mean everything you do counts towards them. Ghosts, Ships, Armour, Shaders and a dozen weapons each with the option to turn in any planetary material or post levelling motes of light to increase rep so everything you do can in some way progress you with your faction
    D2 - factions are a once a month contest to see who can farm a token the most for one weapon and a low chance at fixed gear and 1 use shaders
    D1 - each planet has a dozen or more dead ghosts hidden all over to be found that grant more story and help develop the world
    D2 - the worlds bring back TTK's scannables for one line each and thats it. Otherwise the worlds are dead and devoid of any info beyond the actual story
    D1 - you are a lone, at risk, guardian going to places mankind hasnt been for centuries to encounter things unseen or long forgotten. Often going in blind with a sense of mystery and exploration around the events.
    D2 - you are a jobber putting the band back together. Every location is new but this time you are not the vanguard of humanity but a janitor following npcs like asher mir and doing their caretaking for them. No matter where you go you are second place to a token farmer.
    D1 - a grimoire that -while it should have been in the game not online- has some of the best writing in the series and is unlocked through gameplay and exploration
    D2 - sometimes a weapon drops or you get a ship from the cash shop with some vague 'lore' unconnected to anything, meanwhile the grimoire is no longer canon but a memeshit comic where characters use terms like "later haters!" is.
    D1 - has a somber, melancholic tone centered around an out of their depth former dead person discovering the bright future of humanity completely collapsed. Fighting rotten looking hive, the world stripping Fallen, The mysterious Vex that react faster than you can think because their minds are a galaxy wide network and the cabal who all we know is "500 pounds, militarised, blow up planets for getting in their way".
    D2 - like Halo 5 its shifted to marketing towards a younger audience which basically means everyone but Zavala devolves into memeshit for no reason i can fathom behind a suit going "hey the teens like to 'memm' right? will they 'memm' puppies?" and instead of mystery everything is told to you outright. No more 'heres what we know about the cabal and its one sentence' its 'heres the linkedin profile for the red legion' because the entire plot is exposition and bad one liners because they are aiming at and writing for tweens because a lower rating means more people to predate on with lootbox 'funpay minibuys'

You can go on and on with this. D1 wasn't perfect. Legendary Engrams at launch giving blues, Exotics giving legendaries. It has some shit we had to deal with. But Destiny 2 is ALL shit in comparison. Every alteration was not for improvement of the player experience but to make this a more accessible mobile game tier cash shop for young people who dont know any better. It is a predatory business exercise and its a goddamn shame.

But all of the above is anecdotal because i'm not a reviewer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    D1 - sparrows, ghosts and shaders: rewarded from gameplay
    D2 - sparrows, ghosts and shaders: cash shop only
    D1 - you can access any story missions at any time from the map
    D2 - you are only allowed 3 random replays per week from ikora with no choice whatsoever
    D1 - random weapon rolls allow for over 100,000 gear combinations
    D2 - fixed weapons and gear allow for 10,000 gear combinations
    D1 - strikes are level based beginning at 8 and ending at the cap of 20 and related to the main story or questlines on the world map
    D2 - strikes are hidden behind a random playlist with some players to this day having only seen Inverted Spire or Pyramidion on repeat for 5 months and its all scaling so the challenge never changes and most are unrelated to the story
    D1 - all activities have a hard mode with greater challenges for greater rewards
    D2 - all activities have one difficulty and scaling so you are no more powerful than a beginner and taking the exact same time to kill enemies in the world, rending all 'power increase' pointless outside the raid where it allows people to skip mechanics entirely.
    D1 - levelling post cap grants motes of light used to upgrade gear or buy items from the Speaker for noticable player power increases
    D2 - levelling post cap grants you a free taste of the cash shop, driving players to revisit it TO SEE ALL THESE GREAT DEALS! and the new engram cap means you have to or your player power items are stuck in the postmaster until you go to the cash shop. You have no choice in taking part in this
    D1 - you can carry an infinite amount of engrams.
    D2 - you can carry ten max and cash shop ones take up space here as well.
    D1 - Shaders are an account wide unlock that you keep forever
    D2 - Shaders are a one time consumable per armour piece and the ones that dont make you clownsuit are in most cases locked behind the cash shop
    D1 - Specs have 225 possible permutations based on taste that drastically alters player abilities
    D2 - specs have 2 possible variations based on which grenade you like
    D1 - each day there are a dozen bounties to pick up at your choosing to go to multiple planets to complete. You can keep it forever until its done across pve and pvp. doing what you like when you like
    D2 - each day you have a 3 objective challenge. You have the day to do it and if you dont like it tough shit
    D1 - factions are always there and allegiances mean everything you do counts towards them. Ghosts, Ships, Armour, Shaders and a dozen weapons each with the option to turn in any planetary material or post levelling motes of light to increase rep so everything you do can in some way progress you with your faction
    D2 - factions are a once a month contest to see who can farm a token the most for one weapon and a low chance at fixed gear and 1 use shaders
    D1 - each planet has a dozen or more dead ghosts hidden all over to be found that grant more story and help develop the world
    D2 - the worlds bring back TTK's scannables for one line each and thats it. Otherwise the worlds are dead and devoid of any info beyond the actual story
    D1 - you are a lone, at risk, guardian going to places mankind hasnt been for centuries to encounter things unseen or long forgotten. Often going in blind with a sense of mystery and exploration around the events.
    D2 - you are a jobber putting the band back together. Every location is new but this time you are not the vanguard of humanity but a janitor following npcs like asher mir and doing their caretaking for them. No matter where you go you are second place to a token farmer.
    D1 - a grimoire that -while it should have been in the game not online- has some of the best writing in the series and is unlocked through gameplay and exploration
    D2 - sometimes a weapon drops or you get a ship from the cash shop with some vague 'lore' unconnected to anything, meanwhile the grimoire is no longer canon but a memeshit comic where characters use terms like "later haters!" is.
    D1 - has a somber, melancholic tone centered around an out of their depth former dead person discovering the bright future of humanity completely collapsed. Fighting rotten looking hive, the world stripping Fallen, The mysterious Vex that react faster than you can think because their minds are a galaxy wide network and the cabal who all we know is "500 pounds, militarised, blow up planets for getting in their way".
    D2 - like Halo 5 its shifted to marketing towards a younger audience which basically means everyone but Zavala devolves into memeshit for no reason i can fathom behind a suit going "hey the teens like to 'memm' right? will they 'memm' puppies?" and instead of mystery everything is told to you outright. No more 'heres what we know about the cabal and its one sentence' its 'heres the linkedin profile for the red legion' because the entire plot is exposition and bad one liners because they are aiming at and writing for tweens because a lower rating means more people to predate on with lootbox 'funpay minibuys'

You can go on and on with this. D1 wasn't perfect. Legendary Engrams at launch giving blues, Exotics giving legendaries. It has some shit we had to deal with. But Destiny 2 is ALL shit in comparison. Every alteration was not for improvement of the player experience but to make this a more accessible mobile game tier cash shop for young people who dont know any better. It is a predatory business exercise and its a goddamn shame.

But all of the above is anecdotal because i'm not a reviewer, right?
    I didn't compare of both games. Don't know why you bring it up.

- - - Updated - - -

But once again what he said ISN'T a opinion. You would have a point if it was but it isn't.

Seeing how "Professional Reviewers" didn't play more than maybe 10 hours....Yes. There is a reason someone with 50 hours and someone with 10 have a widely different opinion about a game.

I would have a totally different opinion about Destiny 2 if all I played was the leveling.

Also what the fuck is a "Professional Reviewer" no such thing exist at all.
    Well people hitted endgame on D1 and it was frustrating grind because of fucked up loot system. Since D2 came it seems people magically forgot that D1 at launch was even worse shit. Funny how bias works.

Professional reviewer is somebody who make/write/create reviews of something for a living. I dont talk about first impression but a review. Plenty of online and offline site who dose those and which pay people do write reviews.

I didn't compare of both games. Don't know why you bring it up.
    person 1: D1 was objectively worse
    person 2: no it wasn't
    you: you are just dismissing opinion vs opinion

This thread is now literally the same 3 people yelling at each other.

May I suggest yelling at a wall, might get something back from it at least

I dont know something so i educate myself. Watched reviews. Read opinions. If everyone tells something is shit then it probably is shit. Like D1 before Taken King.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much everything I said that you keep referring to wasn’t just my opinion but facts about the game and a general consensus held by most of the player base who actually stuck around and played throughout all of D1 like I did.

But please, keep acting like some YouTube video you watched has more merit to it and acting like just because you watched said video that your opinion is anything more than hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Opinions or not, there are some numbers out there that show the number of players that participated in the last IB:

https://trials.report/

7,488 PC players.
    The more alarming thing is only 77,812 guardians participated in the event across all three platforms...now the big question is that unique players or unique characters....

Regardless of which one it is...that is alarming considering the game sold a few million units across the three platforms as well....

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The more alarming thing is only 77,812 guardians participated in the event across all three platforms...now the big question is that unique players or unique characters....

Regardless of which one it is...that is alarming considering the game sold a few million units across the three platforms as well....
    It's unique players. However this doesn't change the fact the population has dropped to abysmal numbers due to bad management, bad decisions and bad game design that apparently shouldn't even have been there since the history has been the same with the first game.

Granted, i didn't play D1 and i just tried it a little at a friend house. He was really hooked (even during the crap parts) but he's telling me all the time how they managed to reach the worst possible scenario as if D1 never existed.

Casual palyers jump ship every once in a while, so they don't make for a solid playerbase even if a game is good. Core players and fans are jumping ship because they feel betrayed in addition to the objective fact the game hasn't really much to offer after the initial experience.
    Content creators are just saying "feck off, i'll do something else" because even if they do something there's nothing much to talk about. Hell, even financial people are saying that D2 has not much anymore left and chances it gets back up are really low.

I mean. They could just copy D1 systems and release it saying "we know that for D1 players D2 has not many new things, but we want to expand and settle the playerbase and give people who never played D1 the experience of it. We will expand from now on". Literally. It's what they're doing now in the wrongest way because they don't know better shit to do.

EDIT: i'm still playing, gunplay is still fun, i'll play the DLC because i was fool enough to buy the pass. but i'm simply trying to get out the most of it given the price i payed - it's not like i feel compelled to log in and play.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: i'm still playing, gunplay is still fun, i'll play the DLC because i was fool enough to buy the pass. but i'm simply trying to get out the most of it given the price i payed - it's not like i feel compelled to log in and play.
    No offence so don't take this the wrong way but doesn't the bolded make you feel compelled to play? I get your point as I also too got the season pass (via the limited edition after trading in my base copy because I really enjoyed the leveling..........)

I hopped out right before the first "DLC" dropped and said fuck it. 50 hours of D2 was enough for me until they get there shit together.

No offence so don't take this the wrong way but doesn't the bolded make you feel compelled to play? I get your point as I also too got the season pass (via the limited edition after trading in my base copy because I really enjoyed the leveling..........)

I hopped out right before the first "DLC" dropped and said fuck it. 50 hours of D2 was enough for me until they get there shit together.
    Maybe it was bad wording from me - what i meant is that while other games kept dragging me into them so i tried to play them as much as i could, with D2 this never actually kicked in. I would agree with you generally, but D2 simply doesn't make me want to play it regularly. I did Osiris half out of curiosity, half just because i had paid for it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Maybe it was bad wording from me - what i meant is that while other games kept dragging me into them so i tried to play them as much as i could, with D2 this never actually kicked in. I would agree with you generally, but D2 simply doesn't make me want to play it regularly. I did Osiris half out of curiosity, half just because i had paid for it.
    I just read it wrong than so my fault

So is there any actual reason to come back or is it safe to say don't reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So is there any actual reason to come back or is it safe to say don't reinstall?
    Absolutely not. Read their latest blog posts and laugh your ass off. 99.9% sugar coating walls of text and 0.01% band aid fixes without any changes to the deep flaws of the game mechanics. There wont be any game changing patches to the game in the next 12 month for sure. Bungo still refuses to accept fault and meaningful changes. Anyone buying their PR statements or is still clinging to the dying game has a severe case of Stockholm syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Zephyr Storm and his unbeatable knowledge of destiny 1 would be the one to ask