10+ Year Old Account
    So there's a heavy rumor floating that Diablo 3 is coming to Switch in a very near future.
    https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/2...ntendo-switch/

It should probably be taken with a grain of salt as the release is marked with 2019 and tbh - I don't know if Diablo 3 will last that long. They could very well present the next installment in summer/early fall

10+ Year Old Account
    Handheld D3 would be pretty cool actually. I think it would suit the pace of the game very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would have been fine with the durability system if it wasn't for the fact it included the MASTER SWORD. If you hit Gannon infested stuff it takes quite awhile to break and doing the first DLC makes it so it is that way no matter what.

But that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I do try to play thought it every now and then and at some point ill finish it but I have lost all interest really.

I honestly can't think of a worse Zelda game.

spoiler to get the master sword
    To get the master sword you need 13 full heart containers, That requires doing 52 shrines for one orb each. You need 4 orbs to make one heart container

That in of itself is quite time consuming.
    talks about zelda like an expert fails to realise zelda games start with 3 hearts? (6 on SS)
    first 4 shrines are non optional and basically a tutorial stage before you're let loose on the game, also any divine beasts will add a heart.
    so more like 32 shrines and 1 divine beast.

and really the durability system is nothing i have completed master mode im often leaving royal weapons on the floor because i can't hold anymore, hell my 8 year old son has completed master mode only difference is he failed the trial of the sword on master mode and i've completed it for the true master sword which at that point you rarely be needing to pick up weapons, only time you really lose more weapons than you make is if you're killing Lynel, fight Hinox and he gives you more than you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    talks about zelda like an expert fails to realise zelda games start with 3 hearts? (6 on SS)
    first 4 shrines are non optional and basically a tutorial stage before you're let loose on the game, also any divine beasts will add a heart.
    so more like 32 shrines and 1 divine beast.

and really the durability system is nothing i have completed master mode im often leaving royal weapons on the floor because i can't hold anymore, hell my 8 year old son has completed master mode only difference is he failed the trial of the sword on master mode and i've completed it for the true master sword which at that point you rarely be needing to pick up weapons, only time you really lose more weapons than you make is if you're killing Lynel, fight Hinox and he gives you more than you use.
    he never even got that far in the game before he gave up.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, a lot of the issues you had with the game are some of the same ones I've seen other people complain about as well. The weapon and durability system always seems to be a major point in most people's reasoning for not liking the game. The huge open world that is mostly empty is another one.
    You either love the new weapon system, or hate it, there is not much in between. I only had a hard time with it in the early 10 hours. After that, I always had too many weapons. The system did grew on me after a while, it made me change my weapons a lot, instead of just using one. Different weapons with different styles, leading to different strategies in battle, and mixing it up. The huge world is not so empty, there are lots of little things, side quests, items, funny stuff, puzzles. My major gripe was the story-telling, it is mostly about remembering the past. My choices don't matter at all. And not having zelda as a companion, the trailers gave me that impression (turns out they were memories). The DLC / Season Pass was meh, the Story dlc was really not worth the season pass - the other stuff didn't interest me at all. But overall, I enjoyed my time with BOTW. Maybe the next Zelda has a bit more story and finally not only some mere hints that zelda and link like each other :P. A girl can dream..

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    You either love the new weapon system, or hate it, there is not much in between. I only had a hard time with it in the early 10 hours. After that, I always had too many weapons. The system did grew on me after a while, it made me change my weapons a lot, instead of just using one. Different weapons with different styles, leading to different strategies in battle, and mixing it up. The huge world is not so empty, there are lots of little things, side quests, items, funny stuff, puzzles. My major gripe was the story-telling, it is mostly about remembering the past. My choices don't matter at all. And not having zelda as a companion, the trailers gave me that impression (turns out they were memories). The DLC / Season Pass was meh, the Story dlc was really not worth the season pass - the other stuff didn't interest me at all. But overall, I enjoyed my time with BOTW. Maybe the next Zelda has a bit more story and finally not only some mere hints that zelda and link like each other :P. A girl can dream..
    its alot more than hints in botw. its flatout stated if you do the kass storyline.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    let harvest moon die already, it's too cruel to keep it limping
    Trio of Towns is the real successor of Harvest Moon!
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I hope they'll start to push out more interesting games from their old IPs
    Or finally a new Rune Factory sequel! RF4 was the best farming/simulator on the 3DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why is tomorrow's mine so good ;_;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvfieTkARI Because Bayo 1 + 2 has an awesome OST :P!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    You clearly don't know how to read if that's what you think.

Seeing how the only Zelda I haven't finished besides SS (didn't care for motion controls) is BOTW I think I know what each game starts with.

But hey I get it I insulted a game you clearly love so time to make childish remarks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    he never even got that far in the game before he gave up.
    Sorry but the excuse of (It gets better 20 hours in is a weak one). I did two divine beasts and got the master sword. I no longer gave fuck's after I learned the shit system apply'ed to it.

But seeing who I am replying to makes going back and forth on this pointless.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its alot more than hints in botw. its flatout stated if you do the kass storyline.
    It gets mentioned, yes. The diary of zelda in the castle, the final song from Kass once you have done all his side-quests, clearly saying it that Zelda did love Link. But actually seeing it while Link is interacting with her? Nope. The good old Show, don't Tell. Or at least show it later, don't just keep at telling ._.

Quote Originally Posted by DanThePaladin View Post
    So there's a heavy rumor floating that Diablo 3 is coming to Switch in a very near future.

It should probably be taken with a grain of salt as the release is marked with 2019 and tbh - I don't know if Diablo 3 will last that long. They could very well present the next installment in summer/early fall
    Diablo is a dead game. Why port it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Diablo is a dead game. Why port it?
    Sells and it takes little to no effort to port.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by DanThePaladin View Post

From what I've been hearing, the rumor itself comes from a Twitter account with a very horrid record of "leaks."

- - - Updated - - -

Sells and it takes little to no effort to port.
    It's also something with very little actual competition.

Again, it would make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    They're interested in one thing and one thing only, the install-base of the system. They couldn't care less about the handheld capabilities. If there is tens of millions of Nintendo Switches in activte circulation they will make games for them because it'd be turning down plain profit if they didn't.

Fucking hell, last Playstation 1 game was released in 2005, 11 years after the system's release and that was same year Xbox 360 was released.
    Well the switch is about 10 years behind, so pack it up guys. Guess after next year no more games =/

- - - Updated - - -

the pro controller is legit, best feeling controller imo, better than the xbox. No headphone jack though... not worth $70 either but for 50 it's good
    I dont like the dpad. Id say its a fine controller but still prefer xbox one.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt be shocked to see D3 sell a milly.

Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 worth a play through? I haven't dived into a lot a videos to avoid spoilers but from a glance it has done well.

Is the story well done and something that hooks you right at the start? Is the combat fun? It looks pretty complex?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 worth a play through? I haven't dived into a lot a videos to avoid spoilers but from a glance it has done well.

Is the story well done and something that hooks you right at the start? Is the combat fun? It looks pretty complex?
    Has a good story. At least I didn't get bored by it at any point.

The combat is good, and for the most parts easy enough to just smash buttons for victory, or you can do it properly and get better results. It starts off as slow and as you get further in it opens up and gets faster paced and the game will teach you the basics as it happens.

Next week there will be a patch out that adds some QoL things and an easy mode if you prefer that, no idea why it's added though since it was already easyish.
    Last edited by mageling; 2018-02-21 at 03:34 PM.

My only complaint ATM with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is in portable mode it looks like ass, But the trade off is a 5 hour battery life. Other than that its a fun game and some far I am enjoying the story.

My only complaint ATM with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is in portable mode it looks like ass, But the trade off is a 5 hour battery life. Other than that its a fun game and some far I am enjoying the story.
    I only found resolution to look horrible on the first titan. It's pretty decent everywhere else
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I only found resolution to look horrible on the first titan. It's pretty decent everywhere else
    I never got off the first titan so my experience isn't much

Just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last week. The story was pretty good. I'd rate it atleast Final Fantasy level for the RPG story level. Be prepared for a lot of story though. The main quest is incredibly cinematic full. Took me 100 hours or so to beat it and probably 12-15 hours of that was cinematics I watched it felt like. There are 10 chapters in the game and each chapter has atleast a 30 minute cinematic or so to wrap things up and start new plots etc.