Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    See the case of Lizardsquad and conviction of zeekill if you want a reference for DDoS related court cases.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/finni...r=US&IR=T&IR=T
    50,700 charges - two year suspended sentence. First timer, minor, no extradition.

Obviously it's not compareable to 30 year old repeat offender, but in the light of it, it's not entirely unreasonable judgement. Calling for multiyear, harsh sentencing is just ridiculous. And it's not comparable to damages caused.
    you missed "and ordered to fight cybercrime"

so his ass is probably owned by the government making him fight what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Let's not. Companies need to get better at protecting their infrastructure, the society doesn't need to get better at punishing individuals not harmful to it. I guess we should also jail anyone who sends too much mail causing your package to be delayed by a few days, by your standards.
    What kind of retarded logic is that?

There will always be a way to get around a company's infrastructure. Don't pretend these fucktards are doing us a service and are "trying to help companies strengthen their security". That's what these retards say when they're about to get caught. Find their twitter and you'll see them circle jerking about how angry everyone is.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you missed "and ordered to fight cybercrime"

so his ass is probably owned by the government making him fight what he was doing.
    The biggest thing here is the fact that he is minor. Even 2 years is alot for minor in finland. Only other minor who got more than this, that I can remember, was 14 year old girl who killed her friend with knife. Pretty sure he only sat 4 years or something like that. Of course that girl is going to be in mental supervision most of her life because of that but no other jail time.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people who have 0 knowledge of IT Security have so much to say about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    "Joke" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    RIP script kiddie.

30k+ worth of damage "ITS JUST A PRANK BRO"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    He committed a crime?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Darktalent View Post
    I love how people who have 0 knowledge of IT Security have so much to say about it.
    . Indeed.

"[He] became involved in disputes with other players for a variety of reasons, including the division of loot and membership in raid teams."
    And there you have it boys, an argument against ML.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Let's not. Companies need to get better at protecting their infrastructure, the society doesn't need to get better at punishing individuals not harmful to it. I guess we should also jail anyone who sends too much mail causing your package to be delayed by a few days, by your standards.
    Sorry, no.

There is no reason companies should have to go through the lengths that they do today. Individuals like the one sentenced to jail are harmful, just like the other "harmless" idiots that pull other "pranks" like smashing car windows, breaking street lights, damaging public transportation and parks, etc, etc.

Furthermore, your analogy is laughable. An actual analogy would be the impact of preventing customers from entering a business at all...you can protest all you want, but if you were to physically prevent people from entering a business you don't own, you'll be arrested and likely to go to jail as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    What kind of shithole state extradites his own citizens to the USA?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    And there you have it boys, an argument against ML.
    LOL now this is an argument i can get behind. master looter causes DDOSing
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and you're paying a lot of money for that service, you're a paying customer how much does it cost to send thousands of mails?

where as DDoS gives blizzard nothing but a headache, puts their servers down and affects their profits, oh and it's illegal you keep missing that part.

- - - Updated - - -

lol door open. if you was worth the time (and you're not) anyone could get your IP and DDoS you making your internet useless.

why is your door open?

You don't have to pay (outside of materials) the post office is still going to have to process unstamped mail, it just goes in a different bin. That actually makes it a really apt description considering DDOS is just a bunch of erroneous requests sent to a server.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    The ones who want the USA to extradite criminals for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

While we're at it, should we not prosecute thieves who rob from convenient stores because the stores should have better security? You break the law, you expose the kind of person you are: one who needs to be punished to learn how to act civilized.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2018-05-08 at 07:40 PM.

Good. There should be consequences. Maybe the man-baby will come out and realize he can't throw ridiculous tantrums
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    this is ridiculous
    A joke he caused. His shit cause us problems, now his shit causes him problems.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ition_treaties
    110 of them give or take.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    melodramatic? he was extradited from his home country for it...
    That's beside the point. He isn't getting thrown into a hard-core "prison" or getting raped. Jesus christ you kids need to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    That's beside the point. He isn't getting thrown into a hard-core "prison" or getting raped. Jesus christ you kids need to get a grip.
    This. Kids are acting like he is getting thrown into super max rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    A crime is a crime. I guess getting your car stolen makes you miss work. I guess grand theft shouldn't be a crime either right? The guy that stole your car shouldn't be punished at all.

More dense than an acme anvil.
    If you're talking about yourself - I couldn't agree more. Theft implies he took something for himself. Did he?

Disruption of business flow is a crime, sure. But it is not a crime punishable by imprisonment in any prison. House arrest with denial of Internet access? Yes.