Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Why are you emotionally invested in a game that has never been about historical accuracy? I'll say again, time to re-evaluate some things.
    Why are you so invested in trying to take from others and say it is yours?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    This all started when we gave women shoes. If they didn't have shoes they could never leave the kitchen and stop making us dinner. First they get shoes then they want to vote, have rights, have a voice in the country. You give them an inch they take a mile, am I right?
    Also, what is the obsession that alt right types have with vikings anyway? They were objectively terrible people who contributed nothing positive to the world, I'm pretty sure no SJWs are clamoring to have more female rapists, slavers, and murderers depicted in media.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    If you want to claim that all of these past deeds "belong" to white men, you have to take the good with the bad, and trust me you don't want to take that deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you emotionally invested in a game that has never been about historical accuracy? I'll say again, time to re-evaluate some things.
    Im invested in games period. Your non answers dont mean anything, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I don't understand this question. I'm not trying to take anything, I am just bewildered and frankly saddened people would react in this manner.

I suppose I could look at it in a more positive light and think to myself "If this is all people have to complain about, we must be living a cushy life".

Yeh I think I will because the alternative is depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when battlefield became historically accurate? There is nothing to be outraged at.

And to OP - imagine that it's really in an alternate universe. Blam, problem solved. You are not angry anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    See my first reply to thread if you want my reasoning. Not my fault you don't read all the replies.

15+ Year Old Account
    See my first reply to thread if you want my reasoning. Not my fault you don't read all the replies.
    Reevaluating your life isnt an arguement and doesnt mean anything, sorry.

Whatever you say buddy I am not the one having losing it over women being in a video game.
    Would you be happier if I said "Man, I hope they include women into a WWII shooter. It's so much more fun shooting women than it is shooting Nazis." Is that what we are going for here? Sounds misogynistic to me. I'll say it again for the billionth time, not about women, it's about historical accuracy and game immersion.

Reevaluating your life isnt an arguement and doesnt mean anything, sorry.
    My my, if we ain't selectively reading and choosing what part to quote aren't we

I said more than that, and if that's all you want to go by, then that's no fault of mine.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Feel free. But you'll have a hard time, since you dub most of them "sjws", for as little as including women in their games. Stay triggered, snowflake.

Reality check: Catering to regressive conservatives like you doesn't pay off, since you're a VERY little (yet very vocal) minority. An expensive title like this has to try to apeeal to as many people as possible. And just for the record: I won't buy B5 either. Feel free to vote with your wallet, but let's be honest, B5 will sell millions of copies, despite the manchildren flooding the web with their memes and downvoting trailers on youtube. I really couldn't care less, but all this impotent babyrage is hilarious.
    Though technically you are correct, I don't the market is expanding appealing to the phantom markets either.

Ultimately this just smells of customization themes to place more crap in loot boxes. And EA may or may not pull the fem angle to look good if the opportunity presents itself. Outside that you're just stuck with probably the butchest female they can give you and place the glamour behind that sweet sweet paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Would you be happier if I said "Man, I hope they include women into a WWII shooter. It's so much more fun shooting women than it is shooting Nazis." Is that what we are going for here? Sounds misogynistic to me. I'll say it again for the billionth time, not about women, it's about historical accuracy and game immersion.
    No not really because I know it would be a lie. You would be sitting behind your computer screaming VAGINAS IN MY WAR GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Which this game HAS NEVER chosen to be about.

Think of each game has a THEME and SETTING. Nothing more. The rest is pew pew.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    50% on mobile maybe but not console or PC
    Yeah, it's more like 45%.

Which, yanno, is pretty close to half when it comes to marketing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    My my, if we ain't selectively reading and choosing what part to quote aren't we

I said more than that, and if that's all you want to go by, then that's no fault of mine.

Take care.
    Are you ok? Thats your entire first quote.

Again, if we are in the purpose of hardcore realism, I'm sure the so virile and so tough people crying ''PEOPLE WITHOUT WHITE PENIS IN MUH GAME'' (1) would have no objection over a ''realist'' WW2 game, in wish the Axis get a bloody nose outside battles with Americans ? Or which Nazi rats steal vehicles from their slaves to flee faster ? Or a game in which they would not be all ''Sturmbanfhurer SS'' but expendable troops from occupied troops being given shoddy riffle to allow their owners to do the said fleeing ?

(1) What is hilarious is that they think that the faction they love in WW2 thought non Germans ''white''. That bit is endlessly hilarious

If you care about games, then you should want them to be as fun and appealing to as many people as possible, not preserving them as the last refuge of fragile white masculinity. And if you really want to be respectful to history, you shouldn't be making a video game out of the war at all, because it really does demean the memory of the conflict and the sacrifices that people made to turn it into something fun and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Let me try to explain the issue people have, I was just reminded of this.

After 9/11 a memorial was going to be put up. In REAL LIFE, several white, male fire fighters lifted the American flag over the ruble to boost morals and as a sign of solidarity. It was proposed the memorial depict this moment. However, the SJW crew wanted to make it a white man, a black man, a Hispanic, and squeeze a woman in there somewhere.You know, forced diversity. Thankfully, it was resisted and kept to real life... a bunch of white men.

Now, yes, its a game, and ok, maybe like, one woman dressed up as a man and was on the front line, and ok maybe 0.2% of the COMBAT participants were black. Still, the war in Europe was overwhelmingly white men vs white men. It is very irritating when SJWs want to FORCE diversity on us. Want Diversity in a war game? Remake BF Vietnam. THEN we have whites, blacks, Asians and Hispanics all on the same battlefield. Want women? Well... we have to go fantasy, we have Skyrim... which is SJW as hell, The "best fighter" in the main city is a woman. The mercenary who you can get as a follower in another town is a woman. The kings head of the guard is a female elf... diversity is stuffed down your throat. We have plenty of games that have women and "minorities" in roles of power or combat. Why then, do we need it in a WW2 game?

Next, and you KNOW its true, even the leftist of you: If they made a game depicting an African nation in history, like the Mali or whatever, and made 40% of the characters white, cities would burn. It would be chaos. Diversity only works against white men, and honestly almost never includes Asians (who make up the majority of the planets population) its ALWAYS about adding blacks and women. If diversity were actually... um, diverse, I wouldn't have as big an issue with it.... it would still be dumb, but not as bad at least.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between making a game playable and forcing diversity in everywhere it does not belong. If they make a game set in middle ages China I am not going to be sitting there demanding they add white people so I can identify with the game and play.
    Why you don't make your own ''World of Gor'' game and play ? Oh wait, John Norman had good values like slaving women, but he was pretty liberal over which ethnic groups could do so and was against big manly guns. Not enough manly for you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this question. I'm not trying to take anything, I am just bewildered and frankly saddened people would react in this manner.

I suppose I could look at it in a more positive light and think to myself "If this is all people have to complain about, we must be living a cushy life".

Yeh I think I will because the alternative is depressing.
    Think of it like this: you've been playing a puzzle game with some action segments, but mostly puzzles for over a decade over different installments. Then they announce a new one. Cool, right? All the puzzles are optional and the combat is now the main centerpiece along with shoving as much gore in your face as possible to "attract a new audience" suddenly this thing that's been your thing for basically ever is drastically changed for people who normally wouldn't give it the time of day and your complaints are all brushed aside because it's "Not a game for you" anymore.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Are you ok? Thats your entire first quote.
    That is certainly not the first reply to this thread. Lol...

No not really because I know it would be a lie. You would be sitting behind your computer screaming VAGINAS IN MY WAR GAME!
    Hahaha, you are so desperate to virtual signal your feminist credentials you don't even understand what you arguing against. Oh well, I'd better head off to the next "there's too many vaginas in World of Warcraft" rally.