Poll: When will we get Dark Ranger class?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'll tell you when. When I get to be in charge of this bloody game and give it the relaunch it desperately needs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they could push some kind of 'Shadow Hunter' hero class based on the one in WC3 tft.
    RangeDD using range weapons such as Bows, Crossbows and guns, being mail and also has a heal spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    What don't you understand about the fact that you have to be trained by elves in life and then be risen from the dead, specifically be a forsaken to become a dark ranger. It's really not complicated.

I know you guys are desperate for this to work but it's the same stupid shit people think Necromancers and Shadow Hunters will exist. They won't.
    Actually, Nathanos has begun training a new generation of Dark Rangers and most of them are not elves, they are just regular old Forsaken. The likely thing that will happen is Nathanos leaving the Horde to train Neutral Dark Rangers, both Forsaken Undead and Lightbound Undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    I think they could push some kind of 'Shadow Hunter' hero class based on the one in WC3 tft.
    RangeDD using range weapons such as Bows, Crossbows and guns, being mail and also has a heal spec.
    Dark Ranger fits all of that if done properly, siphoning health from enemies to heal allies, and using your own health to heal them similar to that one paladin heal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dark Ranger fits all of that if done properly, siphoning health from enemies to heal allies, and using your own health to heal them similar to that one paladin heal.
    I would like to see a Dark Ranger class as well, at this point in WoW any class which is ranged and new to be honest. But I don't think it fits the narrative of a Dark Ranger to heal others. Siphoning life for their personal gain, of course why not, but healing others isn't something I would expect a Dark Ranger to do, considering how they have been portraied in WC3 and in WoW so far (Using dark magic, necromancy, mind control - basically damaging/manipulating spells). Obviously, Blizzard could pull it off if they wanted to, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    I would like to see a Dark Ranger class as well, at this point in WoW any class which is ranged and new to be honest. But I don't think it fits the narrative of a Dark Ranger to heal others. Siphoning life for their personal gain, of course why not, but healing others isn't something I would expect a Dark Ranger to do, considering how they have been portraied in WC3 and in WoW so far (Using dark magic, necromancy, mind control - basically damaging/manipulating spells). Obviously, Blizzard could pull it off if they wanted to, but still.
    I just think it would be cool if done properly. They could definitely spin it in a more selfish light because in the end keeping the tank alive is still about self preservation .

Not sure about a ranger class but a RANGED hero class would be nice. All we've gotten so far is monk, dh and dk all melee

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    They would be Dark because of abilities they use not because they are dead.

They are ordinary now.
    I think they need to be called something else then. In the Warcraft lore:

Dark rangers are undead archers in service of the Forsaken and led by Nathanos Blightcaller. These cunning individuals, adept at manipulating opponents, are composed of forcibly raised rangers of Quel'Thalas. They now enjoy nothing more than sowing dissension and hatred within the enemy ranks.[1] The Forsaken use dark rangers as elite agents or as the personal guard of the Banshee Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner. They had a great presence in Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad Foothills.

They are defined pretty specificly. It would be very confusing to have two different diffinitions of a Dark Ranger and I'm pretty sure Blizzard are not gonna go down that road. Especially when you think about all the critic they already receive for rewriting Lore, so they are probably not going to push more buttons unnecessarily.

And also, a lot of the abilities that people are asking for got nothing to do with Dark Rangers. These abilities are related to Banshees which is a completely other story.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-08-10 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    We need less haters, not more.
    We need more creativity, not less. (Which is exactly what Dark Ranger is, it's less. Nothing but a edgelord Hunter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    We need more creativity, not less. (Which is exactly what Dark Ranger is, it's less. Nothing but a edgelord Hunter.)
    We do indeed more creativity, creativity to see beyond "Dark ranger is nothing but an edgelord Hunter" - There is a lot of potential for a Dark Ranger class. Feel free to take a glance at my take on the class from the post linked in my signature. I managed to find a playstyle, two specs, very different abilities and neither specs are stepping on any existing classes or specs. So I respectfully disagree. A Dark Ranger is a lot more than a "edgelord hunter".
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think they need to be called something else then. In the Warcraft lore:

Dark rangers are undead archers in service of the Forsaken and led by Nathanos Blightcaller. These cunning individuals, adept at manipulating opponents, are composed of forcibly raised rangers of Quel'Thalas. They now enjoy nothing more than sowing dissension and hatred within the enemy ranks.[1] The Forsaken use dark rangers as elite agents or as the personal guard of the Banshee Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner. They had a great presence in Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad Foothills.

They are defined pretty specificly. It would be very confusing to have two different diffinitions of a Dark Ranger and I'm pretty sure Blizzard are not gonna go down that road. Especially when you think about all the critic they already receive for rewriting Lore, so they are probably not going to push more buttons unnecessarily.

And also, a lot of the abilities that people are asking for got nothing to do with Dark Rangers. These abilities are related to Banshees which is a completely other story.
    Every time before retcon happens someone says 'when you think about all the critic they already receive' yet they do it. And it would not be a rewritin but adding more to definition.

Every time before retcon happens someone says 'when you think about all the critic they already receive' yet they do it. And it would not be a rewritin but adding more to definition.
    No you can't add to the same definition. You would need to make two individual types of Dark Rangers because the one that is part of Warcraft now is defined by being forsaken. Ranger + Dead = Dark Ranger. It is part of the core. If you remove the "dead" part it would remove 50 % of the definition. And you said it yourself before:

"They would be Dark because of abilities they use not because they are dead.".

So it would be two different definitions. And I just don't think it is big enough for Blizzard to bother working with that.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-08-10 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Where does it say that?

- - - Updated - - -

Dark ranger sounds like a rogue spec to you?

- - - Updated - - -

We have 1 bow/crossbow class.

How many do we have of the others?

We could use another bow class for sure
    Just a hunter spec... that can tame undead, has Boolean undead summons (skeletons), shadow damage based.

Renaming some mm abilities and giving them new icons adds nothing to the game. There is no space and no need for a "dark ranger".

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Renaming some mm abilities and giving them new icons adds nothing to the game. There is no space and no need for a "dark ranger".
    And actually, an Undead Hunter is a Dark Ranger. Just like a Tauren Paladin is a Sunwalker and a Blood Elf Paladin is a Blood Knight.

No you can't add to the same definition. You would need to make two individual types of Dark Rangers because the one that is part of Warcraft now is defined by being forsaken. Ranger + Dead = Dark Ranger. It is part of the core. If you remove the "dead" part it would remove 50 % of the definition. And you said it yourself before:

"They would be Dark because of abilities they use not because they are dead.".

So it would be two different definitions. And I just don't think it is big enough for Blizzard to bother working with that.
    Not, really no. Dark Rangers are dark not because they are undead but because of powers they wield. Forsaken hunter is not a ranger.

Not, really no. Dark Rangers are dark not because they are undead but because of powers they wield. Forsaken hunter is not a ranger.
    I think you're just saying what you want to hear now

From Warcraft Lore:

Dark rangers are undead archers in service of the Forsaken

The difference between and Ranger and a Dark Ranger is that the Dark Ranger is Forsaken. By the definition of Warcraft an Undead MM hunter would be the same as a Dark Ranger. All the abilities a Dark Ranger has is partly based on them being Forsaken. A living Ranger could never have the same abilities. What you want is a Ranger that uses magic abilities. But a Dark Ranger is specifically defined as Forsaken and if you change that part you just have a regular Ranger.

I think you're just saying what you want to hear now

From Warcraft Lore:

Dark rangers are undead archers in service of the Forsaken

The difference between and Ranger and a Dark Ranger is that the Dark Ranger is Forsaken. By the definition of Warcraft an Undead MM hunter would be the same as a Dark Ranger. All the abilities a Dark Ranger has is partly based on them being Forsaken. A living Ranger could never have the same abilities. What you want is a Ranger that uses magic abilities. But a Dark Ranger is specifically defined as Forsaken and if you change that part you just have a regular Ranger.
    No. All abilities a Dark Ranger has is based on DEATH magic. Living too can use it as there are plenty of quite living Necromancers. Yes, Dark Ranger as we know them are Sylvanas special bozos. Definition that can be expanded.

No. All abilities a Dark Ranger has is based on DEATH magic. Living too can use it as there are plenty of quite living Necromancers. Yes, Dark Ranger as we know them are Sylvanas special bozos. Definition that can be expanded.
    But Forsaken is a part of the current definition and no matter what you add to that the forsaken part will still be in the definition.

What you need is a new definition of a Dark Ranger which describes a hybrid between a Necromancer and a Ranger. I hope you get that, but I just don't think Blizzard will do it. Many people are voting for other classes first.

But Forsaken is a part of the current definition and no matter what you add to that the forsaken part will still be in the definition.

What you need is a new definition of a Dark Ranger which describes a hybrid between a Necromancer and a Ranger. I hope you get that, but I just don't think Blizzard will do it. Many people are voting for other classes first.
    This is why it needs to be expanded. To become an umbrella for dark archers.

It already has Necromancy aspect to it, Sylvnas is not the only one who can raise undead.

This is why it needs to be expanded. To become an umbrella for dark archers.

It already has Necromancy aspect to it, Sylvnas is not the only one who can raise undead.
    Raising undeads has nothing to do with Dark Rangers. Sylvanas can raise undead because she is a Banshee. A standard Dark Ranger can't raise Undead.

Again Warcraft Lore: Dark rangers are undead archers. This means:

Archer + Undead = Dark Ranger

and then,

Dark Ranger - Undead = Archer

See how it works. A Dark Ranger is not an ambiguous concept. It is an UNDEAD ARCHER.