Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Now that many are done leveling...

What spec do you find yourself playing for Heroics/Mythics?

Personally I've been relying mostly on Survival with pretty great success. I have grouped with a few BM Hunters that have given me a run for my money, if I find a decent bow I may give them a go. I've seen no MM Hunters. I looked at Azortharion's sims on the three and it seems that all of them sim pretty close to one another, which is excellent

7+ Year Old Account
    Sticking with MM, despite Explosive Shot being broken. I'm also using Lethal Shot instead of the recommended Double Tap in dungeons.
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2018-08-17 at 04:01 AM.

I play as a BM and will probably stick to it
    MM and BM are both boring af to play but BM feels more rewarding for me.. Despite the pet Ai..

Believe it or not, survival is by far the most fun spec at the moment but most hunter players won't ever try it because it's not ranged. Both Survival and Marksmanship top stat is Haste so all of you MM players out there feel free to give Survival a try it's better than you think both gameplay wise and dps wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    Believe it or not, survival is by far the most fun spec at the moment but most hunter players won't ever try it because it's not ranged. Both Survival and Marksmanship top stat is Haste so all of you MM players out there feel free to give Survival a try it's better than you think both gameplay wise and dps wise.
    Its melee.

No thank you.

MM. I wanted to play a sniper, and now it finally feels like one for the first time in ages. Also Bloodlust from pet + AiS is fun as hell.

Survival, for the rest of BFA I Think, never mained a Hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's still mindboggling how people perceive their perception of 'fun' as being a universal standard.
    Same goes for 'boring'. Both are meaningless words when you rate a class.

MM. Explosive Shot worked in Legion, but noooooo, they had to dick around with it. Double Tap + Rapid Fire + Streamline is fantastic on large packs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Survival, its fun and relatively easy to play.

You have to understand how autistic Hunters are about melee Survival. It doesn't matter if it's the best designed spec in the game, they'll still hate it just because it's melee and that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You have to understand how autistic Hunters are about melee Survival. It doesn't matter if it's the best designed spec in the game, they'll still hate it just because it's melee and that's different.
    If I wanted to melee, I would have rolled a melee class. Personal preference isn't autism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

im playing as survival and ill stick with it, even though its melee its a lot of fun and its really good. i definitely think its #1. feels bad for MM though

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    It's still mindboggling how people perceive their perception of 'fun' as being a universal standard.
    Same goes for 'boring'. Both are meaningless words when you rate a class.
    People (hunter players) dismiss the spec and pretend it doesn't exist because it's mele. My post was towards those exact people who say the spec is a complete joke ONLY because it's mele.

I am staying on topic and giving my feedback on the hunter specs, you go ahead and bitch about people discussing and giving their opinions on the hunter specs in the Hunter class forum. If that's mind boggling for you then you should get yourself checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    If I wanted to melee, I would have rolled a melee class. Personal preference isn't autism.
    Hunter is just as much a mele class as Druids, Shamans, Paladins and Monks are. Aside from ranged specs they have a mele one as well. He was referring to the people who still pretend Survival is exactly the same as it was in Legion and the people who call it bad because it's not ranged.
    Last edited by Chaosweaver; 2018-08-17 at 04:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    People (hunter players) dismiss the spec and pretend it doesn't exist because it's mele. My post was towards those exact people who say the spec is a complete joke ONLY because it's mele.

I am staying on topic and giving my feedback on the hunter specs, you go ahead and bitch about people discussing and giving their opinions on the hunter specs in the Hunter class forum. If that's mind boggling for you then you should get yourself checked.

Hunter is just as much a mele class as Druids, Shamans, Paladins and Monks are. Aside from ranged specs they have a mele one as well. He was referring to the people who still pretend Survival is exactly the same as it was in Legion and the people who call it bad because it's not ranged.
    Excuse me, but you can't tell others what is fun or not. People are entitled to like what they like and have their own preferences. If they dislike Survival hunter for whatever reason then you just have to accept that. I've said nothing that is not accurate. If you find the truth that disheartening then I'd feel for you. IF I actually cared that is.

Except the most loved and played spec was taken away instead of introducing a fourth melee spec.

Hunters in top mythic guilds are pretty much not allowed to play SV, making Hunters have only 2 specs.

Do you know of anyone playing a Shaman or Druid switch, or be allowed to switch specs during progression? That shit won't fly in good guilds, unless a fight specifically calls for it(eg. Feral main going Boomkin for Blackhand Mythic).

Survival along with my Outlaw Rogue. Most enjoyable combo ever.

Main is BM, primary alt is SV. In my personal and very humble opinion that is just my own so that no one gets triggered, they are both fun and I'm enjoying them a lot. I was annoyed in Legion when SV first went melee because the game didn't need another melee spec and certainly didn't need to gain one at the expense of a ranged spec, but they really did a bang up job on fixing it for BfA, even if it's basically just themed to be BM in melee.
    /Catchphrase!

Deleted
    I've switched from MMS in Legion to BM. Will never go back to survival unless it somehow got reverted back to the Explosive Shot/Black Arrow days. Never been too keen on melee so it'll be BM main spec then MMS offspec. I havent even tried MMS yet so don't know how it plays.

Been playing hunter since TBC because I like archery. Have zero interest in playing a melee DPS with a melee weapon. I am sure many other hunters feel the same. Melee survival can eat a dick.