Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Restaurant Imposes "No Children" Policy

German restaurant imposes 'no children allowed' dinner policy
    https://www.dw.com/en/german-restaur...icy/a-45116704

I like this a lot. I've had far too many dinners out ruined by the annoying behavior of other guests, and this is but a good start on the problem. When I was a kid I wasn't regularly taken to any restaurants until I was at least 10 years old and if I did not behave there was hell to pay later for sure. I frankly don't recall misbehaving because I was delighted to be included in adult activities. At every age growing up I always had three piece suits of my own, so we always had nice clothes. In raising his children my brother made his kids understand that going out was an enormous privilege not to be abused by tomfoolery. Any misbehavior and that kid wasn't back to a restaurant in a long fucking time. He'd take the kid out to the car and sit there with them until the meal was finished and we'd go home in a terrible silence.

On my own I've also decided to no longer patronize any establishment that has a big screen TV in the dining room. The bar is an acceptable location for that nonsense, but anywhere else and I never return and I also don't want to hear it from the dining room. Everyone has a fucking phone so if they need the final score, some news, or whatever they can get it if they must - and, you know, value being out with their loved ones not at all.

Where I live I am down to the very occasional "Five Guys" trip mainly for the fries, and five star only establishments if they follow my rules. And most places aren't really even five star anyway.

Most nights we just eat food I make at the table with some pleasant music on in the background. It is more than divine.

"L'enfer, c'est les autres" - Jean-Paul Sartre

Id be down for more restaurants imposing a 'no children' policy. I go to restaurants to relax, enjoy food and chill with friends, not having it ruined by bad parents who let their animals loose and think they're above the restaurant's code of conduct.

As someone with kids, I have zero problem with this. If they don't want kids, good for them.

Agists!

Outrageous!!

Going to spout bile now on my blog while foaming from the mouth as I type!!!

Is that how outrage culture works?

More restaurants need to do this, unless said restaurant specifically states being family oriented.

Deleted
    100% approved.

15+ Year Old Account
    can this be the norm honestly i have 0 issue with kids in restaurants but the parents who cant control their kids are the problems
    Last edited by Roxinius; 2018-08-20 at 08:57 PM.
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see the problem. Some restaurants have a dress code, you don't walk into a high end classy restaurant in shorts and a wife-beater, right?

I might be SUPER biased though as I'm not overly fond of children.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    German restaurant imposes 'no children allowed' dinner policy
    https://www.dw.com/en/german-restaur...icy/a-45116704

I like this a lot. I've had far too many dinners out ruined by the annoying behavior of other guests, and this is but a good start on the problem. When I was a kid I wasn't regularly taken to any restaurants until I was at least 10 years old and if I did not behave there was hell to pay later for sure. I frankly don't recall misbehaving because I was delighted to be included in adult activities. At every age growing up I always had three piece suits of my own, so we always had nice clothes. In raising his children my brother made his kids understand that going out was an enormous privilege not to be abused by tomfoolery. Any misbehavior and that kid wasn't back to a restaurant in a long fucking time. He'd take the kid out to the car and sit there with them until the meal was finished and we'd go home in a terrible silence.

On my own I've also decided to no longer patronize any establishment that has a big screen TV in the dining room. The bar is an acceptable location for that nonsense, but anywhere else and I never return and I also don't want to hear it from the dining room. Everyone has a fucking phone so if they need the final score, some news, or whatever they can get it if they must - and, you know, value being out with their loved ones not at all.

Where I live I am down to the very occasional "Five Guys" trip mainly for the fries, and five star only establishments if they follow my rules. And most places aren't really even five star anyway.

Most nights we just eat food I make at the table with some pleasant music on in the background. It is more than divine.

"L'enfer, c'est les autres" - Jean-Paul Sartre
    If there was a children free place to eat in my area, i'd eat there all the time. I'd love more child free options in the places I visit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

good, now i can have a decent meal in peace at somewhere other then a gentleman's club.

People getting triggered by kids at restaurants need to stop going to shitty restaurants and go to nice ones.

Kids from good parents arnt that bad. Mind your own business.

I wish more places did the same. I hate children and the ruckus they cause.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, I've had far too many dinners "ruined" by the annoying behavior of loud, obnoxious adults who complain about little kids...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, i'd rather have an option of a nice place without children where I can mind my business in peace.

fuck I wish we had that policy at my restaurant. except it would also apply to vegans and idiots who think they're allergic to gluten. I get that it's real but it's too rare to hear almost every other person ask me if we have GF options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their prerogative, not something to be all rah rah about but whatever.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Some kids are unbelievably annoying and the fault always lies in their parents for letting them loose and being unable to control them. Frankly, these are the only parents that will have a problem with a policy like this - the others will be aware and understand the bad rep those trash parents are giving to all the rest. All in all, it's a good change, restaurants aren't really made for kids. The more restrained kids will just sit through the evening quietly while getting bored. The ill-mannered kids will get bored and start stirring shit up. None of the options are really good for the kids, so just leave them at home or stay at home with them if you have absolutely noone to babysit them for a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    People getting triggered by kids at restaurants need to stop going to shitty restaurants and go to nice ones.

Problem is, there are not many good parents in North America so people have to deal with shitty kids all the time. I have no problem eating with well mannered childen and most do not as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    fuck I wish we had that policy at my restaurant. except it would also apply to vegans and idiots who think they're allergic to gluten. I get that it's real but it's too rare to hear almost every other person ask me if we have GF options.
    I don't mind vegans. They are an easy win for a restaurant money wise.

They can ask for the meat to be taken out, but they are still paying full price for the meal. So less cost to the restaurant in the end.

This does seem like a few bad apples ruining it for everyone. My daughter has been perfect in restaurants for nearly her whole life. She is now 12 and as tall her mom. She doesn’t cause an issue and now would be banned from this place and should be ,according to the people in this thread , other places too.

Imagine it would be illegal to outright ban people under a certain age. As the article stated, kick out parents of unruly children. Not ban children altogether.

Also, the people saying they’ve had their meal “ruined” by kids are being overly dramatic. I’ve worked in restaurants for 19 years now and can maybe count 5 times in which kids were truly out of control and annoying other guests. Get over yourselves.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post

Those restaurants are usually shitty because of the kids. I love kids and get along with them, but I would love a child-free restaurant as well.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet