https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...avanaugh-probe

Because as always he shows bold leadership, rather than remove the limitations placed on the FBI by the White House with regards to the scope of the investigation, Trump is now trying to pass the buck to Senate Republicans. And I don't know if Senate Republicans have any authority to change the directions given to the FBI in this investigation, or that they would want to even if they did as they clearly want Kavanaugh pushed through.

This whole thing continues to appear to be a farce, sadly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Need to check source later, but Facebook timeline mentioned a SC decision regarding presidential pardons and double jeopardy on state level was coming up soon and they want his voice. Gamble vs US or something? Grain of salt, can't verify properly from this device.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamble_v._United_States
    Yep, another reason Kavanaugh is being pushed by Cheeto. Just add it to the YUGE list.

Need to check source later, but Facebook timeline mentioned a SC decision regarding presidential pardons and double jeopardy on state level was coming up soon and they want his voice. Gamble vs US or something? Grain of salt, can't verify properly from this device.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamble_v._United_States
    The case itself doesn't have anything to do with pardons, but some have analyzed it in that context. From what I heard on NPR, if this precedent were to be reversed, anybody Trump pardoned that hasn't yet been tried federally would still be able to be tried at the state level, since double jeopardy only applies to completed prosecutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously. I'm just blown away that his behavior went without criticism from the Republicans on the committee - the shouting, the blatant disrespect, the partisan conspiracy theories, the lying under oath which is a federal offense. And they still want him on the highest court in the land...
    And before all that, he started his nomination by lying on behalf of Trump. He disqualified himself in his acceptance speech.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Nobody would ever get a job if they were judged based on their actions in High School. Now if hes done it after he was 18, then by all means he should not be confirmed. But Im also not willing to hang a guy with no proof other than he said she said
    Is this unironic "boys are going to be boys" ??

Disgusting dude. Rape is not normal and believe it or not most males manage to pas through puberty without raping.

"Describe the devil's triangle."

"Drinking game."

good god
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Ok, since it was ignored by both again
    @Knadra @Dacien

Again, I reiterate. Excluding the women.

Given the fact that we already know he has lied multiple times (You can try and dispute the past ones if you want but not even you can dispute the new ones).

He has lied under oath, he has shown to be heavily partisan, he has shown to have a poor temperament. Would you still wave him through and approve him or deny him and tell Trump to nominate someone else.

Also, this is a guy who was suggested to Trump by Kennedy after Kennedy's son was caught doing business with Trump through RUSSIA. And Kavanaugh suspiciously had his debts paid off by someone last year, potentially for services rendered or to be rendered.

So, excluding the women, what would YOU do?

I will try posing this to you two till you answer it and I kindly ask that others do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The case itself doesn't have anything to do with pardons, but some have analyzed it in that context. From what I heard on NPR, if this precedent were to be reversed, anybody Trump pardoned that hasn't yet been tried federally would still be able to be tried at the state level, since double jeopardy only applies to completed prosecutions.
    Thanks for the context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Ok, since it was ignored by both again
    @Knadra @Dacien

Again, I reiterate. Excluding the women.

Given the fact that we already know he has lied multiple times (You can try and dispute the past ones if you want but not even you can dispute the new ones).

He has lied under oath, he has shown to be heavily partisan, he has shown to have a poor temperament. Would you still wave him through and approve him or deny him and tell Trump to nominate someone else.

Also, this is a guy who was suggested to Trump by Kennedy after Kennedy's son was caught doing business with Trump through RUSSIA. And Kavanaugh suspiciously had his debts paid off by someone last year, potentially for services rendered or to be rendered.

So, excluding the women, what would YOU do?

I will try posing this to you two till you answer it and I kindly ask that others do as well.
    Just quoting for visibility, really. I too would like to hear their answers.

I remember people in the thread talking about how Kavanaugh had to be voted in by today to sit the next SC session is that still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    "Describe the devil's triangle."

"Drinking game."

good god
    https://www.geekyhobbies.com/devils-...iew-and-rules/

Clearly the goal of that game was to gangbang women too!

Just quoting for visibility, really. I too would like to hear their answers.
    I have posed that question to Knadra I think 4 times and he never answers it and I think to Dacien once, MAYBE twice with no response.

If they can't answer this, they forfeit even the illusion of credibility on this one. So I strongly ask that if they come on, for everyone to just keep posing this question till they answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by dpark1023 View Post
    https://www.geekyhobbies.com/devils-...iew-and-rules/

Clearly the goal of that game was to gangbang women too!
    That's a board game, not a drinking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It is about gender in a large way. Women are sick and tired of being attacked for standing up, for being prosecuted for being victims. There are a whole lot of women who are really pissed off right now.
    We know the Trump female support base is largely comprised of uneducated white women from poor states. If Dr. Ford's story didn't hit so close to home on such a visceral level, she would have been most likely dismissed as one of those liberal elitists to be immediately tuned out. But that's the thing, sexual abuse is a huge issue for women from all walks of life. This is something they can relate to.

I think this absolutely WILL make a difference in November.

That's a board game, not a drinking game.
    Why would they make a board game involving gang raping women?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ical-partisan/

In 2015, Kavanaugh gave a speech—entitled “The Judge as Umpire”—at Columbus Law School at Catholic University. It was during this event that he now-infamously said, “What happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep.” But later in the speech, Kavanaugh explained the importance of judicial temperament. He described the attributes required for a “good judge”: to have the “proper demeanor,” to keep “our emotions in check,” to be “calm amidst the storm,” to “demonstrate civility.” And Kavanaugh added, “Don’t be a jerk.”

Here’s what he said.

To be a good judge and a good umpire, it’s important to have the proper demeanor. Really important, I think. To walk in the others’ shoes, whether it be the other litigants, the litigants in the case, the other judges. To understand them. To keep our emotions in check. To be calm amidst the storm. On the bench, to put it in the vernacular, don’t be a jerk. I think that’s important. To be a good umpire and a good judge, don’t be a jerk. In your opinions, to demonstrate civility. I think that’s important as well. To show, to help display, that you are trying to make the decision impartially and dispassionately based on the law and not based on your emotions. That we’re not the bigger than the game….There’s a danger of arrogance, as for umpires and referees, but also for judges. And I would say that danger grows the more time you’re on the bench. As one of my colleagues puts it, you become more like yourself—and that can be a problem.
    Welp, Brett Kavanaugh of 3 years ago may have some issues with the Brett Kavanaugh we saw last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dpark1023 View Post
    Why would they make a board game involving gang raping women?
    It's almost as if a term can have multiple meanings based on the context in which it's used. Almost.

And that none of the known definitions for "Devils Triangle" that involve drinking games. Just sex acts and a board game.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/u...kavanaugh.html

And now, 2 days into the 7 day investigation, the White House is finally apparently lifting the arbitrary limits they placed on the scope of the investigation. You know, the ones that Trump said didn't exist over the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

It’s funny, but his argument is the same as crazy feminists... all man have done something where they can be accused of sexual assault. Uhm... no... not all men... that’s fucked up...
    Im not saying that at all. Im saying I could pay 3 or 4 women $10,000 each to say he sexually assaulted them. Have them space the accusations out over a month and bam, hes assumed to be a rapist. Now how will he prove otherwise and if he does prove it whos going to know. They never talk about those who are found innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have posed that question to Knadra I think 4 times and he never answers it and I think to Dacien once, MAYBE twice with no response.

If they can't answer this, they forfeit even the illusion of credibility on this one. So I strongly ask that if they come on, for everyone to just keep posing this question till they answer it.
    The idea of bickering over what is and what is not an actual Kavanaugh "lie" sounds like the worst use of my time, considering they hyper-polarized issue this has become. I can already picture they way the discussion is going to go, and it'd require quite a bit of time linking to sources, arguing, and disagreement.

I've been busy all weekend, between raiding and errands, and am back at work today, so I can't respond quickly all the time. But I'd really prefer not to have a large group of posters hounding me to answer a question I'm not ready to dive into.

I'd appreciate it.

Im not saying that at all. Im saying I could pay 3 or 4 women $10,000 each to say he sexually assaulted them. Have them space the accusations out over a month and bam, hes assumed to be a rapist. Now how will he prove otherwise and if he does prove it whos going to know. They never talk about those who are found innocent
    But how much will you have to pay them to invent time travel to plant the witnesses and corroborating details?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck with that.

Unlike the women you've hired, Ford's testimony is corroborated by Kavanaugh's callender (cue his creepy weeping) and other friends who were there that night.

Where you going to find evidence and testimony that backs your woman up?
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    The idea of bickering over what is and what is not an actual Kavanaugh "lie" sounds like the worst use of my time, considering they hyper-polarized issue this has become. I can already picture they way the discussion is going to go, and it'd require quite a bit of time linking to sources, arguing, and disagreement.

I've been busy all weekend, between raiding and errands, and am back at work today, so I can't respond quickly all the time. But I'd really prefer not to have a large group of posters hounding me to answer a question I'm not ready to dive into.

I'd appreciate it.
    See Clinton’s impeachment.

Didn’t kavanaugh say “what goes around comes around?”
    Like most right wing people here, he can dish out plenty but the instant it comes back, he goes crying to the mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    But how much will you have to pay them to invent time travel to plant the witnesses and corroborating details?

I need to compile a list of the number of right wing conspiracy theories that require time travel.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-10-01 at 06:38 PM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/u...kavanaugh.html

And now, 2 days into the 7 day investigation, the White House is finally apparently lifting the arbitrary limits they placed on the scope of the investigation. You know, the ones that Trump said didn't exist over the weekend.
    I'm still skeptical of this, will have to see if the people who were not on the list, like Avenatti's client for instance, give any indication that they were able to talk to the FBI.