Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

so is griefing in island expeditions allowed now?

got vote kicked by a premade at the 5500/6000 azerite mark, they where leveling just like i did and now im left with a 30 min deserter. great game blizzard, cant wait for classic and the massive waves or ninja looters, scammers and griefers since you cant even fix issues in 2018 like this and people want classic.

Sounds like a one time thing. Bad luck but thanks for the blog post!

If they abuse the kick feature they will both gradually lose access to the kick features as has been the way since Cataclysm added the kick feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Could we stop with the "blog post" shit? It's childish. This is a discussion board, and everyone has the right to discuss what they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep you can do this over and over and over again. Literally joined one, instantly kicked, 30 min deserter. It's a fantastic and completely fair system.

Had this happen twice today aswell, sorta knocked down my spirit for levelling that toon for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    If they abuse the kick feature they will both gradually lose access to the kick features as has been the way since Cataclysm added the kick feature.
    Not aware of this can you elaborate?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Has a situation happen once.
    >Instantly decides on the hyperbole that it must be a constant allowed thing.

It's a good thing you have brought this incredible flaw to our attention. I'm sure many of us have never experienced a handful of people out of millions beings tools.

Why do I feel like this situation was actually OP being AFK and the other 2 people kicking him because they didn't want him getting rewards for doing nothing.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-10-04 at 10:09 PM.

I think they had a reason to kick you. Nobody makes 2-man "premades" just to wait until the end of a normal island expedition to screw randoms out of 10 minutes worth of time. On the other hand, I might kick a player if they were being obnoxious, mouthing off, or AFK for most of the time. Given your post, you don't sound like the most uplifting of players to play with.

Yeah this kicking thing is becoming more and more common it seems. There was a post a couple days ago that had multiple different people getting kicked by the same person/bot. Bizarre, but it seems like this is something that blizzard is going to have to step in and take a look at. I'd definitely put up a ticket and let them know.

I leveled from 110-120 with islands only on an alt and ran into this quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    Nobody makes 2-man "premades" just to wait until the end of a normal island expedition to screw randoms out of 10 minutes worth of time.
    I can only speak to my personal experience, but they sure do.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    Not aware of this can you elaborate?
    That's the theory and official version from blizzard : At a certain point, after kicking alot of people, you will not be able to kick anymore.

In reality, i have never seen anything like that, people that like to kick random people on every single dungeon they do since Cata are still doing it nowaday w/o problem... the only part that is slightly restrictive is in lfr where after a while you will not be able to innitiate a kick. Dungeon and island? most likely not affected

Deleted
    I think they had a reason to kick you. Nobody makes 2-man "premades" just to wait until the end of a normal island expedition to screw randoms out of 10 minutes worth of time. On the other hand, I might kick a player if they were being obnoxious, mouthing off, or AFK for most of the time. Given your post, you don't sound like the most uplifting of players to play with.
    You'd be utterly surprised at how common it is.

Also don't see how OP sounds like the type of player you wouldn't want to play with. Genuine gripe he posted on a discussion board.

Deleted
    I think they had a reason to kick you. Nobody makes 2-man "premades" just to wait until the end of a normal island expedition to screw randoms out of 10 minutes worth of time.
    You are wrong.
    Apparently you haven't played WoW long enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do other things in that 30min

Go Quest Grind. Log to Main.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    offtopic passive agressive harrasment, really says a lot about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they had a reason to kick you. Nobody makes 2-man "premades" just to wait until the end of a normal island expedition to screw randoms out of 10 minutes worth of time.
    People screwing others over just for the lols isn't something unheard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you're new to the internet and the idea of trolling.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess maybe I don't know what the term "griefing" means, but if it means that you got kicked because you're grossly undergeared and they don't want to carry you, then yes you got griefed. And I'd do the same.

It's similar to me in rated Arenas. I don't have shit for a CR or Exp score so I get passed over for almost every group. But because I'm determined to improve my score, I continue trying until I get into a group and we all work towards improving. Would it be nice if a 2400+ team carried my sorry ass through arenas? Yes, but unfortunately that's not how life works.
    Last edited by rhackin; 2018-10-04 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtruth View Post
    got vote kicked by a premade at the 5500/6000 azerite mark, they where leveling just like i did and now im left with a 30 min deserter. great game blizzard, cant wait for classic and the massive waves or ninja looters, scammers and griefers since you cant even fix issues in 2018 like this and people want classic.
    I'll just leave this here. "You don't have friends to do..." "Yikes" Karma is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by dtruth View Post
    you mean you dont have friends to do mythic+ together? yikes... its an mmo after all sweetie ^^: D
    As you so aptly observed, WoW has had assholes from it's inception. Do something else for 30 minutes. Reporting people for abusing a feature also works quite well. Talking down to Blizzard (as if they are listening) on a fan site... does not work so well.

Also I'm pretty sure you're the same guy...

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    i have reported it to ACCC i am so pissed off at blizzard putting it in islands
    it gives other players not affiliated with blizzard power over my money
    i paid to play where ever i want and i can't because people keep abusing vote kick
    every other time i was in the middle of attacking npcs for azerite(specifically elites because i am not some moron that attacks non elites)and i was carrying the damn group those times while they do barely anything
    but this time i am running back to my corpse due to a 30 second cooldown on resurrection(because i saw other people doing it and was like shit why am i standing here like a loser and not saving time like them) and i get kicked near my corpse just about to resurrect

i also showed blizzard my report to accc via ingame suggestion about how stupid they are for putting this vote kick in the game in islands
    The banned account is a dead give away.
    Last edited by d bunk a lot; 2018-10-04 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    I guess maybe I don't know what the term "griefing" means, but if it means that you got kicked because you're grossly undergeared and they don't want to carry you, then yes you got griefed. And I'd do the same.
    It's a fucking 5 min island that they were doing at sub max level and it scales your character.
    stop being so fucking dense.