Poll: Which version of Warlocks did you enjoy most?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It has to be MoP, such fun times for locks
    Some things in life should be taken with a pinch of salt......

A shot of tequila.... and a wedge of lime....

BfA, I think I never had so much fun as with the unique playstile of current demonology, I just mourn the loss of life tap, yet another class-defining ability.
    In second place I would put vanilla, a bit for the rose-tinted glasses as it was the time I was into hardcore raiding, and a bit for all the other funny abilities we have lost over time, such as detect invisibility

EDIT: I'm reading a lot of "in expansion x spec y was so strong"....the OP asked when it was funnier, not when it was stronger. In my opinion the two things are very different, but it seems most player are only happy if they see big numbers on screen
    Last edited by capitano666; 2018-10-11 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

MoP, only expansion I remember raiding with 3 separate and fun specs - in the same raid, and enjoying them all (+ demo tanking). I did stop properly playing WoW right after a world 20-ish Lei-Shen HC though, so I missed whatever mess SoO was with OP-ness in there - except for the 100% crit trinket part.

Deleted
    WoD Demonology / Destruction
    I really loved the Demonbolt rotation as well as the Charred Remains Chaos Bolt Spam

Demonology Warlock in BFA. It is the most fun I've ever had with a ranged spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Man so many people in here who care more about numbers than actual fun.

Almost every other post is "MoP because we were overtuned as fuck".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What?

Forget numbers, MoP destruction for example was near perfect from a gameplay point of view.

Bring back Xelnath.

7+ Year Old Account

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Demonology in BFA/Legion makes me want to kill myself.
    I think its boring, I think its bland and i dont think it is very imaginative.

I think Demonology was at its best in MoP or in Highmaul with Demonbolt.
    Not because of the high damage output, but just because i had fun with my class.
    When they were gonna remake it, they could have make it more like the Gul'Dan boss fight, the only really major warlock...
    But i guess then Metamorphosis would make sense CAUSE GUL'DAN LATTERLY METAMORPHOSIS'S IN THE BOSS FIGHT!!!
    Last edited by FoxMaccloud; 2018-10-12 at 05:33 AM.

WotLK for two simple reason: drain tanking and drain tanking in PvP felt glorious. Being an unkillable raid boss was OP but boy was it fun.

I am enjoying demo in BFA and I do get flashes of the old SL builds but we are way way way more squishy now.

Destro in MoP for pve content was amazing, but affli lock in pvp was crazy strong alongside a boomy Copying all your dots to everyone just felt amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning crusade, basically unkillable in arena.

Wotlk, Wod Demo, and Cata Demo.

MOP was too cheesy for me being the literal best at every thing as every spec with 0 downside to anything.. cmon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mists, it's all been downhill since then. All three specs played well, felt distinct, and could do fun, powerful things. Obviously the peak for Destro.

I like what they've done with Demo conceptually but I just haven't played my Lock yet this expansion. He was my main from Wrath through mid-Legion, when I switched fully to my DH. Part of that is that I always wanted to play a DH -- hell, I rolled Lock because they got Meta -- but part of that is also that the class has only become less fun over time.

Member when affliction had an interesting rotation without needing 8 spells for single target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Member when affliction had an interesting rotation without needing 8 spells for single target?
    Not if you're trying to call the mess that was MOP's rotation "interesting".

Affli up to WotLK (lots of fun during SL/SL builds), I have very little time to play during Cata, and I used my warrior mostly, so I basically didn't played lock during Cata, Demo for MoP and WoD (I liked Molten Core and Meta gameplay, and I'm still in love with Lock Tanking, of course), Affli since Legion.

I dont feel destro like a warlock spec... never played it, never will (never say never, thou)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it to MoP overall, although wotlk destro pvp has a special place in my heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    That's true. I remember there was a guy who wrote several lengthy blogs about the broken state of warlocks. It's not like MoP revamp came out of nowhere for sure.
    I have to admit, I loved my warlock during Cata. The only Boss I found frustrating was Spine heroic, because burst dmg was pretty low compared too the other classes and I hadn't enough mastery to pop my demon form on every tendon phase.

Mop was great , but I think warlock were just too overpowered. Wod still pretty good compared to Legion and Bfa, but I missed the dotsnapping.
    So my vote goes to Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by AmilAsphoron View Post
    The obvious answer is Mists due to the ability to cast on the run, awesome Fire and Brimstone, great Shadowburns, full damage Havoc, and have almost as much HP as a tank. That was amazing.
    Good point, it was giving this OP feeling trough expansion. Also it was so amazing and fps-killing thing to see aoe chaosbolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Chaos Waves with AoE grip in rated BGs were the shit, so MoP.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english