i've said before, but i'd like for them to do what bioware did with dragon age inquisition.

give us a world state builder that we can use to choose how skyrim turned out, and let the game play out based on that.

they could just say it's another dragon break.

if they don't do that though, i do hope that the stormcloaks won and you have to broker an alliance between the stormcloaks and redguards to kill the elves once and for all. even have an option to include the empire in the alliance.

also, i want to be an incarnation of the hoonding. i want sword singing to be the special ability, and i want to have the ending let me pankrato sword the summerset isles.

Personally, I'd rather the Empire won. All the Stormcloak rebellion accomplished was reduce the amount of soldiers (on both sides of this "conflict"), which is exactly what the Thalmor wanted. I think there was a Dossier in the Thalmor Embassy about how to they could use Ulfric to insight a rebellion? I am not sure, it's been a while since I played the main quest. Ulfric was played like a fiddle.

Thalmor doesn't really care if people worship Talos, if they did, they'd also be against Arkay worship as Arkay used to be mortal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather the Empire won. All the Stormcloak rebellion accomplished was reduce the amount of soldiers (on both sides of this "conflict"), which is exactly what the Thalmor wanted. I think there was a Dossier in the Thalmor Embassy about how to they could use Ulfric to insight a rebellion? I am not sure, it's been a while since I played the main quest. Ulfric was played like a fiddle.

Thalmor doesn't really care if people worship Talos, if they did, they'd also be against Arkay worship as Arkay used to be mortal as well.
    the difference is that arkay was an elf, and reinforces their ideas of elven supremacy and former godhood.

if the empire wins and talos worship gets stamped out, it's a blow to the metaphysical wellbeing of all of nirn and the human race. talos is one of the metaphysical pillars now, and the thalmor want him gone to further destabilize everything, so they have an easier time ending the world.

the thalmor don't want a stormcloak rebellion to win either. they want it to go on indefinitely to drain the empire's forces on it. if the empire quits skyrim, they quit losing men, cause they're not fighting any major conflicts anywhere else. the thalmor don't fear a stormcloak ruled skyrim, they could probably wipe it out with ease. which is why i think that if they do win, the great war will be rekindled.

the dominion will likely swoop in almost immediately if the stormcloaks win. they won't believe that the empire will aid them, why would they? but that would discount hammerfell. if we play as a hugely influential character in hammerfell, we could secure an alliance between the stormcloak forces, the leaders of hammerfell, and even the empire to hit them where they aren't really expecting to be hit while they're focused on skyrim.

I am under the impression that the empire have no great love for the Thalmor/Aldmeri Dominion either, the only reason for the Empire enforcing the Talos ban is the Treaty. Once the Empire is done licking it's wounds, it'll be ready for another fight with those damnable Elves. Of course, the whole Stormcloak rebellion is only prolonging those wounds.

At least, that is what I would like to think. Of course, if all provinces decide to rebel against the Empire in a vain attempt to stick it to the Thalmor, then what ever. That could be good too.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little surprised that most people are living out lore fantasy in what nationality wants to wage war on which other nationality. I could give two shits about that story. Give me more magic and fantasy and daedra shit to change the tides of reality, not what annoying world ending moron wants to be in control. That's present day America/Russia/China/Korea...don't want to RP that in a video game, that's for sure.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Sooo, not Skyrim related, but Elder Scrolls 6 related: What do you guys want to see in ES6? I want to see more Dwemer lore.
    I want them to improve combat, it felt really clunky to me and inconsistent. Could spend 2 mins fighting a dude w/ a 2handed weapon and only drop down to half health and then get executed from half health out of no where.

Speaking of improving combat, I hope in the next Elder Scrolls, they bring back spell creation. It was one of the things in Oblivion I like, and Skyrim suffers from the lack of magic creation. Vanilla spells seem really lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm a little surprised that most people are living out lore fantasy in what nationality wants to wage war on which other nationality. I could give two shits about that story. Give me more magic and fantasy and daedra shit to change the tides of reality, not what annoying world ending moron wants to be in control. That's present day America/Russia/China/Korea...don't want to RP that in a video game, that's for sure.
    the thalmor seek to change the tides of reality.

they want to destroy every world stone, everything that anchors reality, so that the elves can go back to aetherius and become gods again.

ancano actually tried to start the process in skyrim, because the eye of magnus was strong enough to do it. but the dragonborn was in the right place at the right time and stopped him.

the thalmor are arguably more of a threat to all of the world than any daedric princes are. the princes are pretty happy with how things are, they can rule over mortals, some of them want to take the world for their self. if the thalmor unmake reality and everyone goes back to being et'ada, the daedra probably won't fair too well in that mix.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-10-20 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sooo, not Skyrim related, but Elder Scrolls 6 related: What do you guys want to see in ES6? I want to see more Dwemer lore.
    First off, a better engine. Gamebyro has been in use for 17 years, probably longer. I don't care how many updates they try to do to it, the architecture itself is dogshit.

Secondly: The Creation Kit/Dev Kit/Modding tools etc... on day one. Not a week after launch, not a month after launch and sure as fuck not a YEAR after launch like that Fallout spinoff.

The game can be whatever it wants after that. Mods will fix the rest, as always.

Lorewise I'd like to see something to do with Akavir, Hammerfell, and Western/Eastern Morrowind. But I'd be happy anywhere so long as it's not Black marsh and preferably not Summerset/Valenwood/Cyrodiil/Vvardenfell/Skyrim.
    An Elder Scrolls game set entirely/partially in a livable Daedric realm would also be welcome.

Oh and more than four dialogue options, please. Don't pull a 76 where there's no dialogue system what-so-ever.

And no Creation Club. Those things aren't properly QA'd and tend to corrupt save files in my experience.

So what is the real world parallel of the Nords revolting because their empire outlawed the worship of their patron god at the behest of elves with a more powerful military force?

I'm curious.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope for a new engine, that is still moddable. I fear that it will be either one or the other.

I hope they don't cut the last rpg-parts or that they maybe even bring stuff back they removed. But I fear that they will stick with the neutered perk list, console-friendly dialogue wheel and disconnected encounters from Fallout 4.

I hope that the art design is something interesting like Morrowind and not something like a Hammerfell, that is just a dessert with black Arabs or a Valenwood, that is just a LotR forest with LotR Elves. I don't really care were it takes place, just make the local cultures, architecture, flora, fauna and items unique and original.

Maybe it would be better if they would cut the main story and concentrate their efforts, by expanding on guilds, the Daedric questlines and bigger sidestories, preferable tied to memorable characters, that have a lasting effect on the world. But I expect that their will be again a world ending threat and we have to live through Todd Howard's power fantasy and become the chosen one without earning it and that we have to choose between two to four main factions, that all play out the same.

I also hope they give up on the Bethesda Launcher and Creation Club.

Maybe Bethesda Game Studios can get some help with the three combat systems. The other studios at Bethesda Softworks put out way better games in that regard.

I want spellcrafting back in the game. I want cool questlines like Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood. I want to feel like it's not the same five fucking voice actors everywhere I go (they tried to improve that in Skyrim but failed badly).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I want spellcrafting back in the game. I want cool questlines like Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood. I want to feel like it's not the same five fucking voice actors everywhere I go (they tried to improve that in Skyrim but failed badly).
    I'd appreciate if they went back to no voice acting, or only having important NPCs being voiced.

And they must never ever give the protagonist a voice.

They must also A) make everyone killable, yes, even NPCs that hand out quests. If I want to let the world end badly, that's my choice (as I can always start a new save).

And B) make an immersive way for the player to be evil. NPCs should quake in fear at the sight of me, guards will either be too scared to do shit against me or always try to kill me. No more of this, "Hey, I know who you are. HAIL Sithus!" or "I am not even going to give a fuck about your crimes outside of my jurisdiction!" bullshit.

Is the engine for F4 adaptable to Elder Scrolls setting? Should be more than capable.

honestly what i'm worried about is people looking at the modding system and thinking "yeah this is all ripe for MT's lets do that"

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Is the engine for F4 adaptable to Elder Scrolls setting? Should be more than capable.

honestly what i'm worried about is people looking at the modding system and thinking "yeah this is all ripe for MT's lets do that"
    Talking about Fallout 4? It's the same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Talking about Fallout 4? It's the same engine.
    ah right, its still the creation engine. Not sure what I was thinking.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So what is the real world parallel of the Nords revolting because their empire outlawed the worship of their patron god at the behest of elves with a more powerful military force?

I'm curious.
    That would be liberals protesting b/c admiral cheeto and his legions of right wing, gun toting nuts, are going around grabbing women by the pussy while nominating an openly partisan rapist to the governing legal body to enact laws meant to continue oppressing said liberals. But you knew the obvious answer when you baited me. Don't particularly care where the convo goes, so re-bait, go.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    ah right, its still the creation engine. Not sure what I was thinking.
    No, it's the Gamebryo engine from 2002 they've just been patching up with ductape to hold it together and slapped new renderers every now and then for rebranding. There are certain issues and bugs you can trace all the way back to Morrowind, especially with terrain and object collision.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

That would be liberals protesting b/c admiral cheeto and his legions of right wing, gun toting nuts, are going around grabbing women by the pussy while nominating an openly partisan rapist to the governing legal body to enact laws meant to continue oppressing said liberals. But you knew the obvious answer when you baited me. Don't particularly care where the convo goes, so re-bait, go.
    Hey, you're the one who had to state their surprise that people have different fun than you do based on your inability to not make HUGE stretches to relate video game politics to real world politics. I am kind of baffled as to how such a surprise could have lasted this long given just how long this game has been out and how frequently the civil war aspect of it is discussed in not just this forum but pretty much anywhere Skyrim is discussed.

Makes me think you just want to be offended. A theory I think is firmly grounded seeing as how you completely ignored the non-baity response.