Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Chilling adventures of sabrina

As her 16th birthday nears, Sabrina must choose between the witch world of her family and the human world of her friends. Based on the Archie comic.
    Creator: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
    Stars: Kiernan Shipka, Ross Lynch, Lucy Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    That is on my list of shows to binge this week. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. I've heard nothing but good reviews of it from friends who have started watching it already.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That is on my list of shows to binge this week. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. I've heard nothing but good reviews of it from friends who have started watching it already.
    it's less darker than the comic, but it's still good

15+ Year Old Account
    I showed my boyfriend the trailers for it that's on NetFlix and even he got interested in it. He had only heard of it & not seen anything about it so he thought it was going to be just a reboot of the old Melissa Joan Hart series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    it's less darker than the comic, but it's still good
    Didn't read the comic. Uh, wish i had a warning. Me and the wife have been watching the original show on hulu. And then i started to watch this and, and, jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is not a remake of this crap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I need to watch Riverdale to understand this show? I stopped mid season 2 but I'v heard these shows are somewhat connected.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Do I need to watch Riverdale to understand this show? I stopped mid season 2 but I'v heard these shows are somewhat connected.
    same universe. but are totally different and separate stories

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Didn't read the comic. Uh, wish i had a warning. Me and the wife have been watching the original show on hulu. And then i started to watch this and, and, jesus.
    you did not see the trailers? it was clear that the series would be dark. the title says the CHILLING adventures of sabrina.

is much softer than the comic, in the comic sabrina is a convinced Satanist. harvey does not love her she spells him so he loves her, cannibalism is common, etc.
    she was going to sign the book of the beast after sacrificing a goat and bathe in his blood, harvey is the one who interrupts the ceremony.

A friend of mine watched the first few episodes, and he says it's nothing but feminist/sjw agenda stuff. Like, not even tongue in cheek, just straight "we have to topple the white patriarchy" bullshit (which is, apparently, an actual sentence spoken by the token black character).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an enjoyable watch and nothing like the original tv series what was clearly targetted at younger kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer looks solid and the cast is CRAZY. Thinking I’ll binge watch this on Halloween.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    is much softer than the comic, in the comic sabrina is a convinced Satanist. harvey does not love her she spells him so he loves her, cannibalism is common, etc. she was going to sign the book of the beast after sacrificing a goat and bathe in his blood,
    Quite softer then the comic... did think the tv-show was qoute brutal......

I have a question do the comic have the sub-plot that some football-player sexual harassed some female students? Was it only virtue signalling, thinking about the club to protect women and the principal who refuse to investigate, or do that happen in the comic to?

Beside the football-player sub-plot, I was very impressed by the 2 ep I did see, its like a very dark Harry Potter...
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2018-10-28 at 04:03 PM.

Did not enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I hope it is not a remake of this crap?

I loved that show when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Quite softer then the comic... did think the tv-show was qoute brutal......

I have a question do the comic have the sub-plot that some football-player sexual harassed some female students? Was it only virtue signalling, thinking about the club to protect women and the principal who refuse to investigate, or do that happen in the comic to?

Beside the football-player sub-plot, I was very impressed by the 2 ep I did see, its like a very dark Harry Potter...
    no, that's only of the TV show sabrina actually uses her magic to be a queen bee. I repeat the series is much more softer than the comic.

Sabrina goes to the academy of hidden arts as a little girl, as a teenager she goes alone to a normal human school. I do not want to do many spoilers in case someone wants to read the comic.

but look at the church at night they are eating a person

I had no idea that the comics were so dark. All I know about Sabrina is from the tv shows and the Archie comics. I legitimately thought it originated in the Archie comics.

I've binge-watched it this week-end and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Perfect series to put you in the Halloween mood! Some things weren't very subtle, but overall it was nice and I look forward to season 2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    A friend of mine watched the first few episodes, and he says it's nothing but feminist/sjw agenda stuff. Like, not even tongue in cheek, just straight "we have to topple the white patriarchy" bullshit (which is, apparently, an actual sentence spoken by the token black character).
    Yeah I don't know if it's full blown but basically in the first episode they want to start a woman's empowerment movement as a club activity in highschool.

It didn't really bother me but yeah wasn't subtle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I had no idea that the comics were so dark. All I know about Sabrina is from the tv shows and the Archie comics. I legitimately thought it originated in the Archie comics.
    yes, the dark line of archie comics.
    other comics like vampironica

or
    Jughead the Hunger

My biggest dream is that we see this in the sabrina series! it would be great! sabrina's cousin talks about vampires in a chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    It's pretty much unwatchable by anyone with testicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.