Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Why would you expect otherwise? It's quite rare to get a discount on a game if you owned a previous game of theirs. I can only think of like two instances I've seen that and it's from Indy companies.
    blizzard. Star craft 2 of the top of my head. I got discount on Nova addon, becasue I already had expansions. if i think so more, I can find more examples of discount for an addon, if you have prior parts of it. oh there we go, slightly different situation but I paid $25 for Fallout 4 season pass instead of $40, they gave people a chance to early adopt at a lower price, due to changes in scope of expansions. I also paid $25 instead of $40 for Uncharted 4 stand alone DLC. so... there's that.

its not unheard of.

getting discount on buying Forsaken if you already have prior expansion - before that roll in happens, would actualy be a decent move by Bungie. but instead... they are giving crappy cosmetics if you buy it now at full price. meh. its not at all encouraging me to buy it.

Did some nightfall missions before first expansion they were lots of fun, never stepped into a raid though coz i'm too lazy to look for a clan, what bugs me in this game is content scaling, i mean, what's the point of upgrading your char when all content scales linearly with your gear? With this scaling system minimum ilvl is just a way to gate content, there's no difference in difficulty in doing a nightfall at 240 or 300 ilvl...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    blizzard. Star craft 2 of the top of my head. I got discount on Nova addon, becasue I already had expansions. if i think so more, I can find more examples of discount for an addon, if you have prior parts of it. oh there we go, slightly different situation but I paid $25 for Fallout 4 season pass instead of $40, they gave people a chance to early adopt at a lower price, due to changes in scope of expansions. I also paid $25 instead of $40 for Uncharted 4 stand alone DLC. so... there's that.

its not unheard of.

getting discount on buying Forsaken if you already have prior expansion - before that roll in happens, would actualy be a decent move by Bungie. but instead... they are giving crappy cosmetics if you buy it now at full price. meh. its not at all encouraging me to buy it.
    Well there is your first mistake mate.

You expect Bungie to have any form of competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well there is your first mistake mate.

You expect Bungie to have any form of competence.
    expect? nyah, not really. mildly hope. my original plan was to wait until forsaken goes on sale (I'd be buying it with WoW gold regardless, so... I enjoy story enough to want to play through forsaken, but not enough to pay full price for it). and it will go on sale. probably sometime around holidays. its just going to stay my original plan. they could have turned this to be a much better PR. they didn't. ah well.

expect? nyah, not really. mildly hope. my original plan was to wait until forsaken goes on sale (I'd be buying it with WoW gold regardless, so... I enjoy story enough to want to play through forsaken, but not enough to pay full price for it). and it will go on sale. probably sometime around holidays. its just going to stay my original plan. they could have turned this to be a much better PR. they didn't. ah well.
    Bungie just don't know how to do good PR. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really nerfed explosive rounds into the ground...

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait, the expansion costs 35 euro, which also includes the base game and all previous DLCs? what kinda bullshit is that... Or am I missing something? Is there no way to upgrade from the base game and expansion pass to forsaken for cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So wait, the expansion costs 35 euro, which also includes the base game and all previous DLCs? what kinda bullshit is that... Or am I missing something? Is there no way to upgrade from the base game and expansion pass to forsaken for cheaper?
    apparently not. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    There's a bundle that includes everything and then there is the upgrade which is just forsaken by itself, though it now includes the previous expansions as well if you don't already own them.

Destiny 2 free to claim for battle.net users through November 18th.

Source: Blizzcon stream.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Game so bad that they have to give it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Every so often i go 'i can't believe the team that made halo ended up putting something out nobody wants and they have to deep sale/humble bundle'. Then i remember its not the same people and it must be a bitter experience to be brought in to continue something after its creative drive jumped ship, find out every change you make for wider market appeal kills interest and to see it being given away like a poster in a tote bag. I honestly wonder what the brand will look like at the end of this 'ten year plan' deal. More to the point i wonder if thats going to be that and as soon as the activision contract ends the ip defaults to activision or something and bungie tries to move on. Again.

Deleted
    I just got this for free on 5 different battle.net accounts. Is this game really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I just got this for free on 5 different battle.net accounts. Is this game really that bad?
    Not as bad as bfa, that's for sure, latest expansion received good reviews though i haven't tried it yet
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not if you enjoy Bungie shooters.

Just stay away from competitive pvp. It's fucking cancer. But that's true from 99.9% of competitive pvp, in any game.

It was, but with the expansion it's apparently finally in a pretty good place. The PC playerbase just completely cratered during the year they were fixing the game though, and I imagine that Forsaken didn't bring back enough folks on that platform (seems to have done well on console though) so they're looking for ways to drive up revenue (free game but folks spend on the expansion and MTX) and simply up their player numbers to stem additional player losses.

A whole bunch of new people playing the base game because its free also lets them throw around some 'active player' numbers that serve only to hide the truth.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was, but with the expansion it's apparently finally in a pretty good place. The PC playerbase just completely cratered during the year they were fixing the game though, and I imagine that Forsaken didn't bring back enough folks on that platform (seems to have done well on console though) so they're looking for ways to drive up revenue (free game but folks spend on the expansion and MTX) and simply up their player numbers to stem additional player losses.
    they gave it away for free on PS4 as well like.. last month? or the month before. so its not just PC playerbase apparently

they gave it away for free on PS4 as well like.. last month? or the month before. so its not just PC playerbase apparently
    Best Buy was giving it for free if you bought a $60 game for ps4 or xbox.

Were they going to do anything for those of us who already bought it? Or was it just an eh, not really a big deal, was going to start it up and check out the changes anyway, specially with free expansion weekend next weekend.

Though I never thought it was a BAD game, just lacked endgame.