10+ Year Old Account
    if Viera is honestly the last race I'm fine with that, don't bloat the race list, but add more options overall instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Friendship with Magitek Walker over.

Mind if I ask how long it took you to get it? I ordered mine (along with Tifa) about an hour and a half ago, still nothing in the mailbox.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    if Viera is honestly the last race I'm fine with that, don't bloat the race list, but add more options overall instead.
    Agreed. I'm fine with what we have now. Sure I'd love something like Bangaa but its whatever. I'd love like you've said more options.... youknow.... like butt slider.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    If it is, cool, but I don't think it's last.

I feel like in 4 years we'll be back here talking about a new "last race."

Just so long as they don't pull a Blizzard and release 8+ new races in a single expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it is, cool, but I don't think it's last.

I feel like in 4 years we'll be back here talking about a new "last race."

Just so long as they don't pull a Blizzard and release 8+ new races in a single expansion.
    WoW playerbase wanted more custom options on existing playable races not mass produce new ones with a grind to unlock / lack of proper starting zone / and in some cases shoe-horned lore just barely minimum why they even exist

FFXIV playerable races in similar situation people want more custom options on current races... entirely new one once in a long while is ok if the expansion makes sense for it.... Viera seems like it however Au Ra in Heavenswards made no fucking sense "cause dragons"... wasnt till Stormblood we got something Au Ra worthy

Could be that 4.5 24 man likely being tied to Viera coming into play to point of being playable race
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-16 at 10:07 PM.

Man, viera alone make me want to give the game yet another try despite how much I dislike it. Sounds like this could be the last hurrah though, so I dunno if I want to get involved with a game that could be going f2p-p2w (or worse, maintenance mode) soon. I'm still emotionally scarred from Wildstar. Guess I'll wait and see how the viera actually look in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no sign FF14 will be going F2P anytime soon.

Yoshida was asked if it was being considered recently, his response was "absolutely not."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

The unlimited trial with restrictions is basically F2P-like

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Mind if I ask how long it took you to get it? I ordered mine (along with Tifa) about an hour and a half ago, still nothing in the mailbox.
    i found if you teleport around a bit that bruteforces it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Agreed. I'm fine with what we have now. Sure I'd love something like Bangaa but its whatever. I'd love like you've said more options.... youknow.... like butt slider.
    hey if they stop making new player models they can put more time in new stuff for the ones we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Maybe I'm insane?
    I apply this to anyone on the internet (me included). Insanity is a requirement for online.

That said, the limitation is probably cause it's going to be available during the current expansion and they don't want to mess with balance for end game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    They said it may take awhile if you've ordered during peak times (cos they know a lot of people want it). If you haven't received it after 24hrs, contact support.
    Please note item deliveries may be delayed during peak times. If you have still not received your items despite confirming all of the above points, please be advised that it can take up to 24 hours before items are delivered. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
    Lodestone Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I apply this to anyone on the internet (me included). Insanity is a requirement for online.

That said, the limitation is probably cause it's going to be available during the current expansion and they don't want to mess with balance for end game.
    Hopefully it can breathe life back into 2.0 zones in sorts aswell PotD has been mostly dead (pun intended) on Primal DC side

Also shoutout for that fishing hype during the keynote in before triple mooch fish
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-16 at 10:31 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    There is absolutely no sign FF14 will be going F2P anytime soon.

Yoshida was asked if it was being considered recently, his response was "absolutely not."
    Yeah just because WoW went in the shitter hard after 5.0 doesn't mean FFXIV will.

- - - Updated - - -

"Limited job"?

My word, Imagine if Blue Mage isn't a "real" DoW/DoM at all, but a special collection/achievement device wrapped up in a "job" package and ends up not being usable in normal content at all, or rather at least not in groups. (But has it's own challenge duty where you get to use all those crazy NPC abilities in different creative ways to overcome challenging fights on your own.)

That would be...really cool? But also probably really disappointing to some people? Maybe I'm insane? Find out in our next episode!
    With the way its structured I highly doubt that BLU will be allowed in "endgame" content.

World content, sure. Small group content, maybe. But I doubt anything with 8+ players will be allowed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally sexy bunny ladies are ours

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

"Limited job"?

My word, Imagine if Blue Mage isn't a "real" DoW/DoM at all, but a special collection/achievement device wrapped up in a "job" package and ends up not being usable in normal content at all, or rather at least not in groups. (But has it's own challenge duty where you get to use all those crazy NPC abilities in different creative ways to overcome challenging fights on your own.)

That would be...really cool? But also probably really disappointing to some people? Maybe I'm insane? Find out in our next episode!
    yea seems like it could be a fun solo job thing on the side.

guessing people who really like blue mages might be disappointed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Man, viera alone make me want to give the game yet another try despite how much I dislike it. Sounds like this could be the last hurrah though, so I dunno if I want to get involved with a game that could be going f2p-p2w (or worse, maintenance mode) soon. I'm still emotionally scarred from Wildstar. Guess I'll wait and see how the viera actually look in game.
    What indications are there that this game is anywhere close to going F2P-P2W?

As @Ralqadar already stated, the game director when asked point blank if the game was going that way, his response was "absolutely not"

Friend was asking whats the difference between fanfest and blizzcon and i think i got it down: Fanfest is a fan appreciation event to get them excited as customers, blizzcon is a tradeshow to show shareholders what the consumers will be purchasing. Rewatching both keynotes its like night and day. Energetic people that love what they are doing and tired, slightly bitter people that want to go home and hope they sold enough preorders. Its like people who run a comic book store vs games workshops vampiric clerks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Finally sexy bunny ladies are ours
    2019 year of the edgelord dark knight bunny girls.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-11-16 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Lol what the fuck?

Where is there any indication that this game is going P2W/F2P soon?

If you really think the game is in the same state or close to being in a state comparable to Wildstar then that is bloody amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Friend was asking whats the difference between fanfest and blizzcon and i think i got it down: Fanfest is a fan appreciation event to get them excited as customers, blizzcon is a tradeshow to show shareholders what the consumers will be purchasing. Rewatching both keynotes its like night and day. Energetic people that love what they are doing and tired, slightly bitter people that want to go home and hope they sold enough preorders. Its like people who run a comic book store vs games workshops vampiric clerks.

- - - Updated - - -

2019 year of the edgelord dark knight bunny girls.
    The WoW panel was exactly how you just described the Fanfest

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The WoW panel was exactly how you just described the Fanfest
    The classic one was. The four greying dudes sitting down looking tired and mildly annoyed as scott johnson did most of the schmoozing for them? were we watching the same thing?