Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Was this really necessary? again? Warlocks haven't even gotten their Legion update and Paladins get their yearly update once again.... enjoy I guess?
    How have you missed the massive amounts of Warlock animations updates in 8.0?

I really don't like them and I'm sad because I know Blizzard won't add glyphs like used to whenever they massively changed a spell animation.

Looking at the new wings and beacons I'm surprised there are nothing for word of glory and holy prism, these two looks the goofiest out of all and in case of WoG it feels almost like a placeholder. Speaking of ret visuals why cant they bring back wrath DS, if there is something pally community is united around its that it was lit af and the best out of all 6 or 7 iterations.

The new animations look so damn good. Was so tired of the old wings for AW. Even the glyph to look like a butterfly got old...

I'm excited to return to 8.1 not just for the animations but for the new azerite trait that brings back proc Divine storms and the new pvp talent that procs AW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all new animations except the wings are great. The new wings themselves are not bad at all by themselves, but it doesn't fit a Paladin in my opinion, and would instead go perfectly with a Priest. The Paladin wings always were easily distinguishable from the Priest ones, being much more straight/upright and giving that feeling of a plate wearing, weaponized Crusader about to lay down the law by force, rather than a gentle healing Priest in a bloodstain- free dress about to gracefully heal his allies. These wings are floppy and soft/round looking, which simply is too feminine of a look for a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    These wings are floppy and soft/round looking, which simply is too feminine of a look for a Paladin.
    Because only manly men can be Paladins, or hard, law down laying people for that matter?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Because only manly men can be Paladins, or hard, law down laying people for that matter?
    lol, why would that poster define ANGELIC as feminine, Sounds like a real wife- beater to me haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protocoaxke View Post
    lol, why would that poster define ANGELIC as feminine, Sounds like a real wife- beater to me haha
    Jesus christ. I just remembered why i didn't bother posting on these forums for a very long time. I'm not even a dude, and beside, yes who could imagine there's aesthetically speaking feminine qualities in the way angels tend to be depicted. Very long stretch indeed. There are feminine and masculine aesthetic qualities in everything around you, look it up if you don't believe me. It's common knowledge when it comes to art and clothes and so on... I don't even understand what that would have to do with sounding like a wife beater, in fact i don't even wanna waste any more time thinking about that idiocy.

And yes, what a weird thing how the biggest representation of sword fighting (especially with 2 handers) soldiers wearing extremely heavy plate throughout history and in many fantasy genres have mostly been strong dudes, featuring a lot of masculine qualities, a very original observation indeed. Guess what, my Paladin is a draenei female, and there are a lot of masculine qualities about her, which doesn't mean that it makes her a man...or that there shouldn't be female characters in WoW who can be Paladins just because IRL mechanics strongly favor men when it comes to fighting.
    What i am saying is that the new wings simply don't look very imposing and threatening, they are beautiful by themselves, however the old ones due to their shape language give off a much more aggressive and characteristically fitting look that Paladins should have compared to Priests as they are supposed to be Holy Warriors, which includes a bunch of brutality and brawn. If that's not something you can see at all, and you further want to put time into constructing a well thought out post to prove my opinion about art wrong, so be it, but don't expect me to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I really don't like them and I'm sad because I know Blizzard won't add glyphs like used to whenever they massively changed a spell animation.
    Yeah, they should really add glyphs for people who don't want the new animations. It would be a positive thing all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grogplus View Post
    Looking at the new wings and beacons I'm surprised there are nothing for word of glory and holy prism, these two looks the goofiest out of all and in case of WoG it feels almost like a placeholder. Speaking of ret visuals why cant they bring back wrath DS, if there is something pally community is united around its that it was lit af and the best out of all 6 or 7 iterations.
    I agree, the original Divine Storm animation was significantly better looking. The one we have now it's extremely underwhelming, doesn't spin more than one time and has no lightning / storm to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Consecration, AW and Holy light have had the same animation since vanilla. Also, didnt warlocks receive a massive update in 8.0? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAJHFfFIaM
    consecration changed in legion

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I agree, the original Divine Storm animation was significantly better looking. The one we have now it's extremely underwhelming, doesn't spin more than one time and has no lightning / storm to it.
    I would love to see a glyph that lets us choose which divine storm animation we want! It always felt so cool how it continued whirling for a moment or two after the gcd, made combat look a bit less blocky (circa MoP/WoD). But I know other people like the current one, and many liked the one before that. A glyph to pick animations would be a nice compromise, and would add some much needed class customisation!

What i am saying is that the new wings simply don't look very imposing and threatening, they are beautiful by themselves, however the old ones due to their shape language give off a much more aggressive and characteristically fitting look that Paladins should have compared to Priests as they are supposed to be Holy Warriors, which includes a bunch of brutality and brawn. If that's not something you can see at all, and you further want to put time into constructing a well thought out post to prove my opinion about art wrong, so be it, but don't expect me to reply.
    I don't think Paladins need to have "brute", "brawns", "imposition" or a "threatening" presence tbh. I like the new wings simply because when I play a Paladin I always envision a Holy Warrior that doesn't rely on raw strength, but rather faith and inner strength and I actually think the more priest like wings encapsulate that better than the old ones did. I feel like a Retribution Paladin should be a revitalizing hope to allies on the battlefield and I don't think that's captured by threatening or menacing wings IMO.

Jesus christ. I just remembered why i didn't bother posting on these forums for a very long time. I'm not even a dude, and beside, yes who could imagine there's aesthetically speaking feminine qualities in the way angels tend to be depicted. Very long stretch indeed. There are feminine and masculine aesthetic qualities in everything around you, look it up if you don't believe me. It's common knowledge when it comes to art and clothes and so on... I don't even understand what that would have to do with sounding like a wife beater, in fact i don't even wanna waste any more time thinking about that idiocy.

And yes, what a weird thing how the biggest representation of sword fighting (especially with 2 handers) soldiers wearing extremely heavy plate throughout history and in many fantasy genres have mostly been strong dudes, featuring a lot of masculine qualities, a very original observation indeed. Guess what, my Paladin is a draenei female, and there are a lot of masculine qualities about her, which doesn't mean that it makes her a man...or that there shouldn't be female characters in WoW who can be Paladins just because IRL mechanics strongly favor men when it comes to fighting.
    Angels are feminine? No, angels are alternating androgyn, alien, not-to-be-depicted, male, female, some old biblical images even have them with animal like qualities, dragon heads or even stranger depcitions.
    But on the topic of Paladins being brute, intimidating and brawny, we simply have to disagree. I would recommend warriors to you.
    And in the same vein, priests don't have to be feminine, weak, or whatever comes to your mind.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I don't mind new wings for my holy spec but I agree that it would be a bit unfitting for the ret, especially for something called avenging wrath, both avenging and wrath.

Can’t really see how it’s unfitting. Just because the wings have physics and move around doesn’t make them any less “wrathful”. Old wings didn’t look wrathful either honestly, they were small and stiff. Popping wings in 8.1 feels much better than popping them how they are now. Feels much more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Can’t really see how it’s unfitting. Just because the wings have physics and move around doesn’t make them any less “wrathful”. Old wings didn’t look wrathful either honestly, they were small and stiff. Popping wings in 8.1 feels much better than popping them how they are now. Feels much more powerful.
    Agreed. It feels very refreshing having new wings animations after all these years, the old wings have definitely run its course.

I played some 8.1 PTR, and I gotta say with the new azerite trait Divine Storm proc, Ret rotation is feeling much better , free Divine storm procs boosts our damage output so I was taking down mobs even quicker. Can't wait for this patch to roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Agreed. It feels very refreshing having new wings animations after all these years, the old wings have definitely run its course.

I played some 8.1 PTR, and I gotta say with the new azerite trait Divine Storm proc, Ret rotation is feeling much better , free Divine storm procs boosts our damage output so I was taking down mobs even quicker. Can't wait for this patch to roll out.
    How often does the divine storm trait proc?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Protocoaxke View Post
    I kinda wish my paladin was a human with the new wings so I could look so manly.

Deleted
    Jesus! Can you guys not respect different opinions?!

I don't like the new wings very much either. They look soft. More useful for flying than intimidating. It's called "Avenging Wrath", not "tickle you with feathers". It is supposed to look intimidating. I'd change to the live animation if i could as well.

(Nor is it bloody and white like the image above. That could make it more intimidating indeed.)