Poll: Still Subbed?

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Unsubbed a month or so before Christmas and went back to Final Fantasy XIV for the following reasons:

Better community overall (less kids/elitists)
    Constant content updates (puts WoW to shame)
    Better class system
    Better support
    Looks nicer graphically
    ... Final Fantasy
    I dabbled in FF for a while on the Tonberry server. While I have played Wow in the past with a ~400ms connection, it's just hard to play an MMO on an overseas connection now, when Wow spoils OCE players with local servers.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Changed mains and enjoying it a lot more. Was playing my Druid Tank which I’ve played for years but they just felt like a soft teddy bear. Switched over to my Alt Lock and moved Fromm afflic to Destro and I’m enjoying the game a lot more. Have already over take. My Druid and it’s only been a month of playing it including levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubbed

Not really interested in the game as much, the community in-game just doesn't feel the same as it use to. However have "paid" for over a years worth I believe, that or 6 months. So I still have access, I just don't bother with it as much which is a same. I really enjoyed the game a lot and always looked forward to coming home from school/work to just get on and play.

Now I'd rather do overtime at work than spend 12 hours on WoW @_@

Quote Originally Posted by mmocb4b024f181 View Post
    So, you're saying the people voting here are not part of the WoW community? That is even weirder.
    There's actually a fair amount of people on MMO-C that haven't played the game in years, but continue to read about updates to the game and post on these forums regardless.

Get rid of Alex and Danuser, the story sucks. The recent twitch podcast is proof of that.

No, the game is stale because the RPG elements have not kept up with the times, the mmo immersive elements are gone and the reward floor is on the actual floor, everyone gets a trophy, abilities are poorly designed and everything is overly simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No. Have no intentions of doing so in the near future. Way too much rng and no real rewards or long-term goals to make it bearable. Got my crawgs.
    Same here. There's no point to anything.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Despite my criticisms of BFA I still get a good amount of entertainment from WoW doing Arena, Rated BGs, Raids, Mythic+ and making Gold(Glod). I've spent the last few days levelling some of my Allied Races and doing zones for Loremaster and slowly levelling some Alts in prep for Season 2 release. I'm looking forward to the eventual release of Zandalari Trolls as they look great, just a shame Kul Tiran aren't that great, the males are fugly.

Very yes. I'm leveling a LOT of alts to build for the future when the story pulls out of the hole it's in. That hole is my only real complaint about the game, and it shall pass.

Nope.

The only other time I had unsubbed was during the shitty troll patch in Cata. Only reason I didn't unsubscribe during WoD was I had friends playing. They all quit in BfA so I did too.

The story is shit. The gameplay is boring and repetitive and feels like the only reason is to drag out the "Time Played" thing for the investors. The new features are just boring trash grinding. Classes got pruned even more.

The only thing WoW is consistently good with is raids, but that doesn't really matter when your entire raid team quits and you can't do them anymore.

Nope. I've learned my mistake of subbing at the launch of a x.x.0 patch instead of a x.x.5 patch where everything that shouldve been included in the .0 patch is released later to force people to make the same mistake as I.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I dabbled in FF for a while on the Tonberry server. While I have played Wow in the past with a ~400ms connection, it's just hard to play an MMO on an overseas connection now, when Wow spoils OCE players with local servers.

Shame, surprised Square didn't offer better connection support, it really is a great game and I hope they open up some servers for you guys/girls soon.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

15+ Year Old Account
    At the current state of the game, I would need to be paid to play that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No...'everyone' says the game sucks and I have no mind of my own so I unsubbed because all the cool people said to.

A You Tube 'influencer' said to jump off a bridge so I'm on my way to do that

I'm not really a gamer, so I just keep this game,
    I'm not interest to invest in something else, WoW fits me.
    Even if ... yeah i'm having a hard time with the lore and some other things in game play, but you know, I can keep myself occupied, leveling some toon // old toon, gearing, faming those warfroont, WQ, world boss on my different toons here and there.
    I was off for a week, I leveled two toons this week from 110 to 120, gearing up and do warfront has a final, it was fun.
    As Far has it goes the more level 120 I have, the more fun I have.

I made a few gold in WoD and a bit in Legion, I can keep rolling.

This is a hobby, not so serious

My game time expires on Jan. 19th. I haven't played since July 21st, when I realized I was unable to overcome the inability to generate a proper stable mouse acceleration curve to accomodate my deformed right arm and its spasms (disability) caused by the loss of exclusive fullscreen mode (the software I require needs EFS to hook properly). Combined with the lack of an option to have the old base UI layout without addons, I had to hang up my WoW hat for good. I'd been able to accomodate my disabilities (deformed right arm, blind in right eye requiring frequently used base UI elements not be shoved to the right side of the screen) for fifteen years and then poof, all gone in one patch. And Blizzard said nary a word to us regarding it and left us to stew in silence.

So nearly $80 worth of game time down the shitter that they won't replace even if I could once more accomodate my disabilities. As a result, Blizzard is highly unlikely to ever get another penny from me as I'll have no reasonable assurance that I could accomodate those disabilities to a usable extent in future game client releases.

All they had to do was leave in the option for us to use what we needed. Instead, they removed it entirely and screwed us over.

No.

I'd come back for some realisticly obtainable grind/goal that's not obnoxious for the really casual player. There's literally nothing to works toward at all if you don't do real raiding or Mythic+. Gear is too easy obtain. You outgear LFR before it opens and there's virtually no incentive to do LFR more than once. Heroic dungeons are worthless almost immediately. Even mythic 0 dungeons are worthless pretty much immediately. Even the like... Not uber casual stuff is worthless too fast, like normal raiding and the aformentioned Mythic 0's... and it's not like this happened gradually within a few months of the expansion either. It's been like this since launch. You'd get a good couple of weeks, and that's if you played slow, to get your fill with that stuff's real usefulness. Then, for all intents and purposes, if you don't want to do high end raiding or mythic+ (or aren't interested in PVP), unless you level alts, well.. the game is fucking over for you. There's nothing really left. Unless you really, really like the idea of going through content over and over and over and hoping for warforged and titanforged drops, which is about as compelling as watching paint dry. I guess they also expect you to do island expeditions, and those are fun enough, I guess, but artifact power just seems so worthless. I don't know if it really was, or if it was all a mental thing, but getting AP in Legion felt a lot more rewarding.

What they really need to do, first of all, is add badges back, and make a lot of stuff available. That'll immediately make a lot of content that isn't worth bothering with worth bothering with. Heroics will once again have a purpose! As well as other forms of content.

Second thing I'd want is some sort of legendary-like storyline again that drives the casual player like me into LFR, like we had in MoP. Maybe tone it down so it's not like... uber important, but still a good piece of gear just in a general sense, I don't know. Something to drive me into bothering with the raids would be nice.

It's an MMO. They're supposed to work with carrots on a stick. When everything is optional save for the highest end stuff and the initial level up, almost everything feels worthless and you really start to see the cracks in the core gameplay. There are no carrots on the stick. Just two carrot stores, and those carrot stores are members only, and they try and hide that fact by throwing purple carrot flavored soda at you at every turn.

I'd like to add that a lot of problems BFA has, Legion had too, it just took a lot longer for Legion's problems to come to light because Legion was chock full of content. Tons of little stories, tons of side stories, tons of just... stuff. BFA is very what you see is what you get.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it renews soon

Yes, and I will continue to be because I like the game.

For now, going to see how this new raid is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    No...'everyone' says the game sucks and I have no mind of my own so I unsubbed because all the cool people said to.

A You Tube 'influencer' said to jump off a bridge so I'm on my way to do that
    So you're required to play to not seem like you're on the bandwagon?