Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Another pointless "I just want more attention" speech. How the fuck is this egomaniacal imbecile a president again?
    He also had to take the news off all the women's marches today also...I can see why he did it. Still he has a 2/7 offsuit hand and thinks he can bluff to win the pot...

So yeah, not only is this a temporary protection for DACA, but using the shutdown as a negotiating tactic, ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemente Feliz View Post
    So yeah, not only is this a temporary protection for DACA, but using the shutdown as a negotiating tactic, ugh.
    I particularly like the tactic of offering to end a deeply unpopular thing, for a thing most American's want anyway. It can be effective sometimes (Not this time), but definitely makes you look like the bad guy.

He should take a puppy hostage and threaten to cut its head off on live TV if the democrats don't give in. Because that is about how hard he is burning his support right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, to summarize, a speech with no substance and a "proposal" that clearly wasn't going to sway the Democrats. What was huge about this again?

Also, wouldn't offering anything DACA-related just piss off his base? *checks the_donald* Oh, nevermind. It's all 4D chess and he just owned the libs somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    So, to summarize, a speech with no substance and a "proposal" that clearly wasn't going to sway the Democrats. What was huge about this again?

Also, wouldn't offering anything DACA-related just piss off his base? *checks the_donald* Oh, nevermind. It's all 4D chess and he just owned the libs somehow.
    He also needed to get the women's march off the cable news a bit today too...outside of that I got nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Someone apparently didn't took it as 4d chess lol.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter

A goldmine right now.

So he offers a temporary fix to a problem that he created? That is his compromise for the wall? He really isn't a good deal maker now is he.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats won't like DACA being used as hostages.

Republicans won't like giving in on DACA.

It's a lose-lose.

At this point can we just rename the topic to "Republican shit show continues"

Someone apparently didn't took it as 4d chess lol.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter

A goldmine right now.
    I remember her flying off the handle the last time Trump was willing to trade DACA for the Wall, I also remember some of his supporters burning their MAGA hats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Dems are going to keep moving forward as if this deal was never presented. Or they've indicated as much, at least.
    Really not that hard, to be honest. Trump never learned that the very first thing you need to do in actual deal making (i.e. not bullying someone into accepting your terms) is establishing yourself as trustworthy and reliable. He has proven that he is neither of those things. Trump can offer them everything they could potentially want, but the Democrats can't trust that offer even if they know for a fact he is not lying when he says that - because the Trump of tomorrow (or however long it takes him to watch FOX news) has to enact it, not the Trump of today. Any deal offered by Todaynald is worthless, for he may flip-flop without even currently planning to do so. Might as well act as if he never said anything.

This deal, like anything else he's thrown about, is just gravy for his follower to sustain themselves on, as they continue to defend him and grow turnips on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dems are going to keep moving forward as if this deal was never presented. Or they've indicated as much, at least.
    Because it's a non deal.
    "Hey, I'll give you a chocolate bar in exchange for that Bentley."

And they know he's trying to give his kid's chocolate too, who are currently throwing a fit.
    Giving in on DACA is at least as bad as not building the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because it's a non deal.
    "Hey, I'll give you a chocolate bar in exchange for that Bentley."

And they know he's trying to give his kid's chocolate too, who are currently throwing a fit.
    Giving in on DACA is at least as bad as not building the wall.
    Actually it's more like "I'll give you back the chocolate bar I stole from you" and you just know he has his fingers crossed behind his back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    So he offers a temporary fix to a problem that he created? That is his compromise for the wall?
    As @Belize and Schumer put it, this is just trading hostages. It's exactly what he's trying to do with foreign policy: unilaterally slap on National Security Lol tariffs, then offer to remove them in exchange for deals that harm the other country. We haven't seen much progress with those, incidentally. I don't know that we will -- there's no point in trying to negotiate with a lame duck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. I wonder how many tweets he blasts off tomorrow morning.
    "Why won't the Democrats accept my offer, the best bestiest best offer ever made by a U.S. Trump, and END THE TRUMP SHUTDOWN? Don't they see that my actions are costing untold dollars, ruining lives, and making Ann Coulter cry into her overdone mascara? They must stop me before I kill again! JOBS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, things slip through the cracks. Like, say, a new poll that has Trump less favorable than Pelosi.

Specifically, Trump was 37.4% favorable/55.6% unfavorable to Pelosi 38.7% favorable/47.6% unfavorable. Yes, like many other polls, Trump is found unfavorable by a full-on majority.

"Okay, but pretty much every poll says that. Even Rasmussen has dropped a lot. Why make a big deal about this one?"

The poll was done by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. In Georgia.

- - - Updated - - -

The Ann Coulter part has me suspecting he’ll snap this back while still claiming the high ground because he even offered.
    Pence leapt in front of reporters to quickly say "this isn't amnesty". Because he knew how bad this would look to Trump's base, who remain intentionally ill-informed on such issues, and assumed (like Coulter) that a 3-year extension of DACA would be amnesty for a million illegals.

Coulter also went on to decry the trade of a million illegals for 100 miles of Wall. Then, suggested a BILLION would be needed to pay for the whole thing. If you're bad at math, maybe don't use math in your arguments. 1,000 x 100 miles = four trips around the equator.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Ann Coulter part has me suspecting he’ll snap this back while still claiming the high ground because he even offered.
    That Skeleton can't fade into irrelevancey fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump doesn't do geography.

No really.

He touted the border wall at San Antonio, Texas. Except there's a problem. There's neither a border, nor a border wall in San Antonio Texas.

There's about 150 miles of Texas between San Antonio and the border.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Donald Trump doesn't do geography.

No really.

He touted the border wall at San Antonio, Texas. Except there's a problem. There's neither a border, nor a border wall in San Antonio Texas.

There's about 150 miles of Texas between San Antonio and the border.
    Good thing Carmen Sandiego has made a return on Netflix. Maybe he could turn into that instead of the 3am tweets in between Big Macs?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sometimes, things slip through the cracks. Like, say, a new poll that has Trump less favorable than Pelosi.

Specifically, Trump was 37.4% favorable/55.6% unfavorable to Pelosi 38.7% favorable/47.6% unfavorable. Yes, like many other polls, Trump is found unfavorable by a full-on majority.

"Okay, but pretty much every poll says that. Even Rasmussen has dropped a lot. Why make a big deal about this one?"

The poll was done by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. In Georgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Pence leapt in front of reporters to quickly say "this isn't amnesty". Because he knew how bad this would look to Trump's base, who remain intentionally ill-informed on such issues, and assumed (like Coulter) that a 3-year extension of DACA would be amnesty for a million illegals.

Coulter also went on to decry the trade of a million illegals for 100 miles of Wall. Then, suggested a BILLION would be needed to pay for the whole thing. If you're bad at math, maybe don't use math in your arguments. 1,000 x 100 miles = four trips around the equator.
    To play a slight devil's advocate, Georgia is getting bluer every year because Atlanta and a few smallers cities in Georgia are fostering a growing black, hispanic, and asian population. All of which Trump is HIGHLY unpopular with for obvious reasons.

The poll may include rural Georgians of course, who are all solidly Trump - and most of whom live in absolute dumps or trailer parks mind you. "The people of the earth".

But yes, Trump is doing extremely poorly in about all polls. Every Trumper who tries to claim this shutdown makes the Dems look bad isn't checking the polls.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"