The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excited about the hollow knigh sequel(prequel?)
    I’m thinking of getting the liar princess game asoon as I final finish my other game backlogs

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    And if the Switch Mini is a thing, it will likely launch alongside and benefit from it.
    If we get a cheaper Switch SKU this year it's gonna launch on the same day as Pokemon, just like the 2DS launched on the same day as gen 6 IMO.

Finally won a game of Tetris 99. It's a super fun game. I do have some gripes though.

The hard drop button should be remappable as it's quite easy on the pro controller to accidentally hit up on the dpad when you don't mean to.

The colors of the pieces should be changeable, having the red piece on a dark background makes it harder for me to see due to red-green colorblindness.

And lastly, the targeting lines should be made more transparent or thinner, or changed with something else, when 5+ people are targeting you, it makes it hard to see the actual game. (It was super annoying when I had 10 people targeting me at one point.)

Overall a very fun game, hope they add some stuff to it.

https://twitter.com/yusuke8shimoto/s...12621995302912

Star Fox Zero and Bayonetta 2 Director Yusuke Hashimoto has left Platinum as of January 31st.

It will be interesting to see who's leading Bayonetta 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Some additional info on Tetris 99 from dataminers:

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/stat...02553325428736

The game runs on Nintendo's Bezel Engine, which was designed by Nintendo for third-party developers and the same engine SUper Mario Party runs on.

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/stat...07822285611009

Three upcoming modes: Team Battle, VS Computers, and Marathon.

Marathon will also support in-game achievements and the standard battle mode will have ongoing events.

It will be interesting to see who's leading Bayonetta 3.
    Hideki Kamiya will be the director for Bayonetta 3. Maybe it's not officially announced but it seems rather obvious at this point since he is the only big shot at platinum to take interviews and explain the project somewhat to this point.

A lot of people mistook the wording in that Astral Chain trailer, but he is not director or producer of that game. He is "super visor" aka lets drop a known name in this trailer to hype people. His impact on Astral Chain is likely minimal at best.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-15 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hideki Kamiya will be the director for Bayonetta 3. Maybe it's not officially announced but it seems rather obvious at this point since he is the only big shot at platinum to take interviews and explain the project somewhat to this point.

A lot of people mistook the wording in that Astral Chain trailer, but he is not director or producer of that game. He is "super visor" aka lets drop a known name in this trailer to hype people. His impact on Astral Chain is likely minimal at best.
    From what I understand, Kamiya doesn't like directing sequels. I don't see him working on Bayonetta 3 outside of a producer role.

As for what he could be directing, I've been hearing Platinum has aggressively expanding over the last few years, and I could see him working on a third unannounced title.

From what I understand, Kamiya doesn't like directing sequels. I don't see him working on Bayonetta 3 outside of a producer role.

As for what he could be directing, I've been hearing Platinum has aggressively expanding over the last few years, and I could see him working on a third unannounced title.
    Kamiya doesn't like anything, doesn't mean he won't do it. All in all he might as well been named the director of B2 as well since he wrote the entire damn story and was more hands on with the development then Hashimoto. In reality if anyone else is named director on it it's entirely in name only, Bayonetta is Kamiya's franchise and it will succeed of fail based on his vision for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am a buyer of ff9 again again again

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Its over, the Switch is finished.
    The PSP still exists? lul

I am pretty jazzed up for Link's Awakening. I guess I am going to have to buy a Switch this spring then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So heres a thought. We got a pokemon yellow remake, now a links awakening remake. You think Nintendo is stopping at only two gameboy remakes or is this a new trend?
    I can't think of a huge amount of Gameboy games that I'd want remade, personally. I wouldn't mind Oracle of Ages/Seasons getting the same treatment that Link's Awakening is getting, and likely that might be in their plans as well, as I think it's the most underrated game in the series.

Some of the still most popular Gameboy games have already seen remakes, especially when Dragon Warrior Monsters is a really popular game that did get a 3DS remake that never got released in the west (as well as it's sequel). Maybe Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land and Metroid II. I'd personally like to see Nintendo push Square Enix to get the Dragon Warrior Monsters games published here, but since they are already on the 3DS in Japan, I don't see them coming to the Switch all that easily but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I am a buyer of ff9 again again again
    Ive brought it 4 times now

PS1 original, Brought it for PS3, Had to rebuy it to use on PS4 and ive got it on steam which is easily the worst version because square outsourced it to some random taiwan studio and it literally has the cellphone version UI and crashes randomly every 12-15 odd battles or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Freya Dragon Crest / Steiner Shock ftw And Quina early game blue magic ftw

Stealing on that game is rigged as well. If you miss the 3rd/4th item on first go its best to just reset the game than try stealing the last item for 14 turns. Algorithm on stealing is so bugged its easy to notice you either get it first time or you're fucked
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-15 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Oh wtf FF9 today?

Never played 9. Is it worth picking up?
    Its my favorite Final Fantasy by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Some Y's IX updates:

Toshihiro Kondo
    : Ys games are basically standalone games. Anyone can play any Ys game without prior knowledge of the series. In Ys IX, most of the setting, places, and characters, except Adol, are new. So it’s fine to start playing the Ys series with Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.”

https://www.dualshockers.com/falcom-...-monstrum-nox/

Interesting, since Falcom's original statement was that Ys IX would be a direct continuation of Ys VIII. I guess they are trying to hit new markets. Poop.

Original Statement:

late 2018
    Toshihiro Kondo : “Regarding the Ys series, we are working on a new game,” Kondo told the website. “It will not be a remake but a brand new title. It will be about Adol and it will be set right after the events of Ys VIII. I hope you will look forward to it.”

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/next-ys-...-after-ys-viii

/dizzy
    It can be set after Ys VIII and reference the events of that game without being a direct sequel. Perhaps Adol will reference his prior experiences or there will be a loose connection between two ideas, but I seriously doubt that it's going to turn into a long running, multi-game story with each game building upon the last like Kiseki.

Nintendo still hasn't figured out how to stop game droughts even with only having to support a single platform. Before June Yoshi will literally be their only new game released in 2019. Meanwhile it seems the end of the 2nd half of the year is gonna be loaded with MM2, FE, Astral, AC, LM, LA and Pokemon. Need to spread out those releases a bit better, even if FE didn't get delayed and came out in May it would still be bad considering that Yoshi demo is garbage and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the worst Yoshi game ever.

At the 24:50 minute mark of episode 13 of the Nintendo Power podcast, Bill Trintin says Bayonetta 3 is coming sooner than you think, and then says this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as with Smash 4, all of the paid DLC fighters in Smash Ultimate will not have custom Palutena's Guidence, says Sakurai in his latest Famitsu column.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumor: GoNintendo and Nintendo World Report have sources saying a VR announcement is incoming and GO Nintendo is saying it will be Labo VR.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...be-approaching

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/3...ude-vr-support

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo still hasn't figured out how to stop game droughts even with only having to support a single platform. Before June Yoshi will literally be their only new game released in 2019. Meanwhile it seems the end of the 2nd half of the year is gonna be loaded with MM2, FE, Astral, AC, LM, LA and Pokemon. Need to spread out those releases a bit better, even if FE didn't get delayed and came out in May it would still be bad considering that Yoshi demo is garbage and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the worst Yoshi game ever.
    Nintendo really likes to have their FY Q3 to be their strongest. It's always where they make their most money.
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2019-02-15 at 10:24 PM.

Nintendo really likes to have their FY Q3 to be their strongest. It's always where they make their most money.
    Only a few of those games will actually be Q3 releases, and their Q3 will already be strong on the back of Gen 8 and whatever other 2 games they decide to release in that Q. No need to literally load up the entire 2nd half of the year with a release every month while Jan-May gets fuck all. They need to time their release schedule better, July and August are not inherently better months for releasing games then Jan-April. In fact the mid feb through march market is literally the 2nd strongest period for sales in the US since it's tax season and that's Nintendo's biggest market.

As it is my Switch is gonna sit around and collect dust probably until FE in July, it's even worse for people like me who have already been burned out on MM since I played it heavily for years at this point and the trailer didn't really show anything to want to be jump back in.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-15 at 10:27 PM.

that Yoshi demo is garbage and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the worst Yoshi game ever.
    Personally me and the wife enjoyed it and I'm actually looking forward to the release.

I do wonder how long it will be tho.

Reminds me that I still need to grab Kirby but dam that game never goes on sale.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally me and the wife enjoyed it and I'm actually looking forward to the release.

I do wonder how long it will be tho.

Reminds me that I still need to grab Kirby but dam that game never goes on sale.
    It just feels bad to me because Woolly World was already slow and it seems like they doubled down on that and made it even slower. Yoshi used to be the "fast" 2D platformer from Nintendo as opposed to the slower nature of Mario and the even slower nature of Kirby but now it's way slower then Mario. It will probably be a fun game, but unless some nice speed tech comes out or they patch it to be faster I'm not gonna enjoy it.

And yea I enjoyed Star Allies but it's such a rip off at $60 lol. The 3DS games had more content for $40. HD Nintendo tax in full effect.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-16 at 12:57 AM.

And yea I enjoyed Star Allies but it's such a rip off at $60 lol. The 3DS games had more content for $40. H Nintendo tax in full effect.
    Not gonna lie I think I have seen Breath of the Wild on sale far more then Star Allies.

If it dropped to like $30 I would grab it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It just feels bad to me because Woolly World was already slow and it seems like they doubled down on that and made it even slower. Yoshi used to be the "fast" 2D platformer from Nintendo as opposed to the slower nature of Mario and the even slower nature of Kirby but now it's way slower then Mario. It will probably be a fun game, but unless some nice speed tech comes out or they patch it to be faster I'm not gonna enjoy it.

And yea I enjoyed Star Allies but it's such a rip off at $60 lol. The 3DS games had more content for $40. H Nintendo tax in full effect.
    Yoshi was never a "fast" platformer.

Yoshi's Island is slow AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yoshi was never a "fast" platformer.

Yoshi's Island is slow AF.
    Yoshi's Island is slow?

You mean the game where you can literally perform every single action and not lose speed or momentum for doing so? In Crafted World tonguing literally halts all of your speed, firing a egg halts all of your speed etc...

Yoshi's Island can be played slow, it is not by nature a slow game. You have the choice to go as fast as the game lets you(which if you're good is really fucking fast) Which makes it even worse when they inherently slow you down in the more modern ones, when even without that people can still choose to play it slow.

The proper descriptor here would be you played Yoshi's Island slow. It is not a slow game.