Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hoo boy this thread huh? Some people just can't help themselves being angry about popular games.

Anyway, so far I'm loving Apex. I already kinda lost the interest in BR genre as a whole but this game resparked it. In all other BRs I played I found something that didn't personally suit me (not saying others are bad, per se). Apex just seems to do so many things right for me. I love how it plays. Likewise it has hooked a bunch of my friends as well, that are generally not fans of BR (anymore).

It makes me extra happy this is from Respawn, because Titanfall 2 was awesome and is undeservedly underpopulated.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Time to ignore mate, it's quite obvious his emotions took over, which means he can't possibly be objective. This would explain his obtuse behaviour, blatant lying and futile attempts to offend people that disagree with his pathetically poorly formulated opinions.

When people feel helpless, impotent even, they often resort to insults. Whenever they can't draw you out with generic insults, their frustration turns them into (temporary) racists.

When that fails, as it's bound to, they feel empty and stupid.
    You live in Italy and you're Italian. You're a greasy wop. What part am I missing here exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Hoo boy this thread huh? Some people just can't help themselves being angry about popular games.
    Choice-supportive bias mate. You needn't look further than this thread to gaze upon the wonders of cognitive dissonance.

Considering the amount of money people have thrown at Fortnite, it's not that strange. You can observe the exact same thing happen in the Star Citizen thread, for example.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-02-15 at 11:16 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean I play them to try and understand the appeal. I still find all of them so far to be incredibly generic shooters. Apex especially could have been something special but they cut out a lot of what made titanfall special for....this.
    If they wanted to make TF3 they would have done that instead. This team is really passionate about their game and they were by no means forced into a BR. It's a bit shortsighted to state this came at the cost of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean I guess it's fair that people find it fun. But I can't get it out of my head that these keeps are really just tailored to the lowest common denominators. The most offensive part is that we're seeing developers cancel existing plans to mold their games into yet more battle royales. It's literally hurting the potential gaming scene. It's become a mad rush to cash in on this while it lasts to the detriment of everything else. And that's wildly unfortunate :/
    What developers have cancelled their games to do a BR?

The Dying Light guys are still doing DL2.
    Titanfall 3 is still set to be announced this year.

And really that's about it. When it comes to Ubisoft/Activision and Core EA they always try to catch a fad so its nothing new. There is 100's of games released weekly. A few publishers/developers making a BR mode isn't going to hurt anything.

Hell Apex Legends was done by a small B team while the core team worked on TF3.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Titanfall 3 is still set to be announced this year.
    We don't know this. An analyst thinks this, but between Respawn saying they're not working on it and EA talking about new Titanfall "experiences", I'm inclined to say whatever else is coming up isn't Titanfall 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We don't know this. An analyst thinks this, but between Respawn saying they're not working on it and EA talking about new Titanfall "experiences", I'm inclined to say whatever else is coming up isn't Titanfall 3.
    I misheard then so my fault, They are still working on the Starwar's game tho.

Unless EA is going to scrap another Starwars Project. Ether way the only one that is at risk of cancelling anything is EA. So my point still stands, I have yet to hear any other developer say they was going to cancel a project to make a BR game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They likely can't, Respawn was working on that before EA acquired them so EA likely took on those contractual obligations. Also, it's reportedly coming out this year, so if it is that close then they're going to want to see it go out : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They likely can't, Respawn was working on that before EA acquired them so EA likely took on those contractual obligations. Also, it's reportedly coming out this year, so if it is that close then they're going to want to see it go out : P
    Right so like I said I can't think of anyone who has cancelled a game to do BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Right so like I said I can't think of anyone who has cancelled a game to do BR.
    Guess it depends if Cliffy b's incompetence with Lawbreakers counts.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Guess it depends if Cliffy b's incompetence with Lawbreakers counts.
    It doesn't.

That was a last ditch effort to not go bankrupt over releasing a failed "Multi-Billion dollar IP" game.

I wanted to play Apex Legends until I found out it's an EA game, I don't play EA games.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    I wanted to play Apex Legends until I found out it's an EA game, I don't play EA games.
    Why don't you take a little bit of that edge off

i was in the same boat, eventually i got bored of listening about everyone talking about it so i gave in & tried it out and its actually really good. it may be published by EA but they didnt have any hand in the actual development of it from what i was reading up on it, it was developed by the dudes who made titanfall 2

Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    i was in the same boat, eventually i got bored of listening about everyone talking about it so i gave in & tried it out and its actually really good. it may be published by EA but they didnt have any hand in the actual development of it from what i was reading up on it, it was developed by the dudes who made titanfall 2
    That might be true but I have to install Origin for it, I don't want anything on my computer from a shit company like EA. I'm boycotting them since they destroyed Westwood and Bullfrog and I will continue to do so.

That might be true but I have to install Origin for it, I don't want anything on my computer from a shit company like EA. I'm boycotting them since they destroyed Westwood and Bullfrog and I will continue to do so.
    Power to you. I'm sure that's a healthy approach to video games.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    The game's superb, just not with randoms. I think there's too much visual importance put on kills rather than wins since someones kill count for whatever class they're on is thrown in your face.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The game's superb, just not with randoms. I think there's too much visual importance put on kills rather than wins since someones kill count for whatever class they're on is thrown in your face.
    In all honestly, getting kills is more fun then winning. You can win by hiding and only killing the last team, but what's the fun in that? I have one guy I don't like to play with at all, he likes to drop super far away from hot zones and stay away from firefights where I want to rush right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Could be that it can't edit where it's storing the config files? Idk, never had that particular problem, but usually when I get a game that won't save settings its because it CAN'T save the file due to permissions.
    It can edit them. All other settings except fullscreen is saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Anyone else getting crashes with error code 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG?
    Yes i've gotten it a few times. There's some fix sites out there with varying reports of success.
    http://expresstricks.com/fix-apex-le...e_hung-solved/