Poll: Door open or closed?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you sleep with the bedroom door open or closed?

Title question. Has changed through my life a lot. Closed currently.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I haven't had a bedroom door for a few years now. But when i had one, i used to sleep with it closed but unlocked. I do have a friend though that likes to sleep with his bedroom door locked for some reason.
    IronVan the Van of Steel

What about rooms that don't have toilets attached? I assume the context is that many bedrooms have toilets attached.

Edit: I read it as bathroom door for some reason. Sorry, been lacking sleep lately.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2019-03-11 at 04:03 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Closed.

Also, laugh at me all you want, but I prop a couple of things up against the bedroom door as a sort of "alarm system" just in case anyone were to walk in while I'm sleeping. Nothing heavy, but just stuff that would fall over and make enough noise to (hopefully) wake me up if someone managed to open the door and come in.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-11 at 04:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed. I aint giving up my life for free.

Closed, could never sleep with it open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed and no, my room does not have a toilet (the bathroom is in front of the room though, so not a big walk)

Note: Right now i tend to sleep with an Air Conditioner on, so that force me to close the door, but regardless i would close it (and in most cases, lock it too)

Would have voted "I sleep under a bridge", but alas, park bench was closest option!

10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep with it cracked, but a small weight in front of it to keep it from swinging completely open. My cats need to be able to go in and out. They stand outside the door and scream loudly if I close it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Closed.

Also, laugh at me all you want, but I prop a couple of things up against the bedroom door as a sort of "alarm system" just in case anyone were to walk in while I'm sleeping. Nothing heavy, but just stuff that would fall over and make enough noise to (hopefully) wake me up if someone managed to open the door and come in.
    This is particularly funnier next to your avatar pic.

Close for me too. My dog sleeps in the room with me. If she walks into the hallway where there is no carpet she wakes me - I'm a terribly light sleeper.

Closed, in case a fire starts you won't have a room filled with smoke and suffocate. Smoke inhalation is the most common cause of death in house fires.

Closed to keep the cats out. If we had no pets then I would prefer the door open when I slept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Title question. Has changed through my life a lot. Closed currently.
    Open. It allows for better air circulation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Open. Being Canadian my first thought isn't someone breaking in, its fires- especially furnace fire or carbon monoxide in winter. So I want to be sure I hear the down stairs alarms as soon as they would go off.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Open, for better air circulation and so I don't stumble into the door face-first in the middle of the night when I go to the bathroom, and so the cat can get out to eat, drink, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed, just in case a B and E artist got other plans that involve him trying to give me a rude awakening.....it will give me enough time to show him the business end of this 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I sleep with it cracked, but a small weight in front of it to keep it from swinging completely open. My cats need to be able to go in and out. They stand outside the door and scream loudly if I close it.
    Exact opposite for me. When I'm in the room it's closed. When I'm not or want the door open I move a little bookcase to block the door like one of those baby barriers. My cats are not allowed in my bedroom. Why? Because while they are otherwise litter trained, they will take the opportunity to mark their scent to the thing in the house that smells of me the most: my bed. Going to lay down late at night when you're tired only to jump back at the acrid smell of cat urine, and having to do the bedsheets while exhausted is not amusing. Did it twice, never again.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep with it closed for the same reason. Cats wake me up, I am a light sleeper.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

We have a 2 year old. Our doors are always open to hear him.

After 6 years in the field including iraq and afghanistan the home had a great alarm and secuirty system so home is secure. But still got a baseball bat near the bed.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!