Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean they weren't trying to censor anything, they just wanted the information on who shared it. probably to check if any New Zealanders shared it, they couldn't really do anything about people overseas sharing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Given the jackbooted approach of NZPol, given their willingness to censor websites that do NOT have that video out of pure spite for daring to criticise them, I am not optimistic.
    I know this is a crass concept, but contrary to the U.S., in most civilized countries, the police doesn't act as judge and executioner. So even if the police is "jackbooted", they don't sentence. I know it's a weird concept, but most of the world runs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That was unnecessarily rude of him.
    I'm guessing he's pandering to the kind of mush-brains that visit his site and think it's funny or somehow deserved.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2019-03-25 at 02:49 PM.

I know this is a crass concept, but contrary to the U.S., in most civilized countries, the police doesn't act as judge and executioner. So even if the police is "jackbooted", they don't sentence. I know it's a weird concept, but most of the world runs with it.
    I know for a fact that at least two websites have been blocked by NZ AND Aust that DO NOT and never have had that video up. Why were they banned?

They criticised the NZ authorities.

That is the ONLY reason they are blocked. One is text based only and doesnt have ANY videos. I also note that the NZ ISPs refuse to say who has been blocked, and why, and when, if ever they will be unblocked.

The owner of one of those websites stated on Twitter

Larger list of sites blocked by AU/NZ ISPs for talking about #Christchurch. #auspol

http://LULZ.com —news

Zero Hedge—news

4chan

REN TV—"one of the largest private federal TV channels in Russia."

@AR15COM —world's largest firearm community

LiveLeak

Voat

Archive

Encyclopedia Dramatica
    Note: they dont have the video, they were blocked for discussing it.

Id call THAT jackbooted.