So... I've never played on the PTR before.

Will I be fine if I:
    a) Create a PTR account on my Battle.net account website
    b) Select PTR:WoW in the launcher and install it in the default folder, i.e. the same one as World of Warcraft?

That's it? Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    So... I've never played on the PTR before.

Will I be fine if I:
    a) Create a PTR account on my Battle.net account website
    b) Select PTR:WoW in the launcher and install it in the default folder, i.e. the same one as World of Warcraft?

That's it? Or did I miss something?
    No that's it! Lucky you, now the PTR is super light because it uses the files of the main game. So it's much easier to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    No that's it! Lucky you, now the PTR is super light because it uses the files of the main game. So it's much easier to install.
    Thanks for the confirmation I guess all there is to do is wait until they flip the switch and let us download the 8.2 patch for the PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation I guess all there is to do is wait until they flip the switch and let us download the 8.2 patch for the PTR
    Exactly! May the switch appear sooner rather than later haha!

<edit something on his niveau here>

So today seems more and more unlikely, but the chance for a PTR release pre Thursday is still high inmy opinion.

Don't know, if it's not a late overtime release then I'm sleeping until Thursday. They're gonna want to stretch out CoS as long as they can (in one week).

Please let it be today <3 I'd die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Please let it be today <3 I'd die.
    Same. Im busy resetting my pc though. Had a nasty malware that was posting wierd stuff on fb somehow. Malwarebytes couldnt get rid of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Don't know, if it's not a late overtime release then I'm sleeping until Thursday. They're gonna want to stretch out CoS as long as they can (in one week).
    I doubt they'll not bring up the PTR cause of CoS.

But I have thought itd be thursdya for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Same. Im busy resetting my pc though. Had a nasty malware that was posting wierd stuff on fb somehow. Malwarebytes couldnt get rid of it.
    Good luck with that Chickat! We'll be waiting for your return, along with the PTR

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck with that Chickat! We'll be waiting for your return, along with the PTR
    I already did it. Just trying to update passwords in case somone on the other end got them. It said someone like 1000km away was logged into my fb 12 hours ago and posted wierd diet ads and then found all my overwieght friends and tagged them. Either really good AI, or someones being mean. Anyways, im downloading all my crap again. Probably going to be a few more hours. Not to mention I lost all of my wow addon data so I have to set that up again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I already did it. Just trying to update passwords in case somone on the other end got them. It said someone like 1000km away was logged into my fb 12 hours ago and posted wierd diet ads and then found all my overwieght friends and tagged them. Either really good AI, or someones being mean. Anyways, im downloading all my crap again. Probably going to be a few more hours. Not to mention I lost all of my wow addon data so I have to set that up again too.
    Jesus, that sure got you into a lot of work. Facebook viruses are so common, fortunately I haven't gotten one yet. Either that, or a really mean and tasteless prank.
    Hopefully you and everyone else here will have a whole lot of datamining by the time you get it set up. A silver lining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, that sure got you into a lot of work. Facebook viruses are so common, fortunately I haven't gotten one yet. Either that, or a really mean and tasteless prank.
    Hopefully you and everyone else here will have a whole lot of datamining by the time you get it set up. A silver lining.
    Its my first virus in like 3 or 4 years. Idk how I got it, but its not a big deal. Its been nearly 2 years since I reset the computer, so it was slowing down anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I doubt they'll not bring up the PTR cause of CoS.

But I have thought itd be thursdya for a while now.
    They really missed out on a lot of goodwill by not dropping the PTR after their videocast on Thursday.

The only good reason I can think is that there is some surprise CoS cinematic that they don't want to spoil.

Otherwise it's all the bad reasons in that they want to time-gate hype like a Broken Shore quest line, 'Come back next week for more progression'. The second reason probably the more likely... And this concerns me as they promised us a Legion Tempo of delivery, and they are a million miles of that mark.

Guys help get water striders back, I posted an idea to get Water striders back and improve the mount equipment system. Would you guys be so kind as to support a fellow gamer?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...iders/152592/7
    Last edited by Lights Vengeance; 2019-04-16 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When we believe the "leak" for 8.2 (which pretty much got most things right) 8.3 won't be what we expect. And players expect N'zoth somehow so that won't be it. To have N'zoth this expansion would be such a waste for the last living Old God...
    yeah im pretty sure next expansion will be Rise of the Black Empire with all old gods coming

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The only thing you dorks can summon is that god damn eye of azshara picture.
    *Rise of Azshara

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Guys help get water striders back, [...]
    They aren't going anywhere, the mount continues to exist, and you can use it as a Water-Walker. The new system is literally better than the old one. Of course it can still be improved and extended, but it doesn't need to be "fixed".
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-16 at 06:44 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    They aren't going anywhere, the mount continues to exist, and you can use it as a Water-Walker. The new system is literally better than the old one. Of course it can still be improved and extended, but it doesn't need to be "fixed".
    I don't get "Get Water Striders back!", I agree here with @Nathanyel , this system is straight improvement and I like that I won't have to dismount from my regular (and transmog fitting) mount and switch to water strider when I get to the shore and need to cross bigger body of water.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

i kinda think they should have done with the water strider what they did with the golem. keep the water walking for it, don't allow it to benefit from the other mount equipment.

it's a water walking bug, doesn't make sense for it to not be able to walk on the water on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i kinda think they should have done with the water strider what they did with the golem. keep the water walking for it, don't allow it to benefit from the other mount equipment.

it's a water walking bug, doesn't make sense for it to not be able to walk on the water on its own.
    What they did allows to have both traditional water walking bugs as well as water walking bugs that are kind of clumsy in the water (didn't learn to walk it) and instead can resist daze, or, I don't know, wear a hat or whatever they are going to add in the future. :-)

Really, I don't think this is a big deal. If you want a water walking bug that walks on water, you can have it. It's just you can have something else if you want as well.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: My stupid 6-month-fool boat will finally float after the change. That's a good thing. Bracing up to see the clipping.