Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Damn straight.
    Allthough i played Alli untill Cata.
    Still don't get why people are so salty about Thalyssra. Tyrande asked her if she would be the next AZSHARA.
    I mean. Elissande? Fair enough.
    AZSHARA though? AZSHARA?
    Almost any Elf in Warcraft would be like "now hold up bitch, did you just fucking compare me to motherfucking AZSHARA!?"
    For many Alliance players was really disheartening to see expansion-old allies (Highmountain and Nighborne) turn to the Horde because, as allied races were a new concept no one really expected that something like that could happen, especially in the case of Suramar, the questline was pretty emotional at times and we got involved in the characters' drama, so it was a natural path to feel betrayed that "they chose" (Blizzard decided) to side with the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    From the perspective of this Horde player the Alliance seem to be Humans> Everyone Else thus it's hard for me to see how they open to some kind of Undead. It's always seemed nonsensical that they even took in Death Knights. If BfA ends with each faction split (for story, not all the game mechanics) I guess the Humans could stay "grr all undead are abominations" and give room for other races to tolerate light forged corpses.
    I think it'd be even more weird for the Horde. Half the mindset behind the Forsaken is that they were rejected, feared hated and unwanted by their loved ones when they tried to rejoin them. If there's a new undead race happily allied with the alliance the Forsaken will be like "wtf guys??"
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think it'd be even more weird for the Horde. Half the mindset behind the Forsaken is that they were rejected, feared hated and unwanted by their loved ones when they tried to rejoin them. If there's a new undead race happily allied with the alliance the Forsaken will be like "wtf guys??"
    As Garrosh says, "Times change."

That Alliance was the same one that also persecuted the Blood Elves just for not being Human. Things are different these days, clearly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    No they aren't, I played through their campaign. You're right there's no discussion to be had here. Please don't try and argue about shit you don't know anything about.
    If you played their campaign, you would know that Thalyssra was born as one of the Night Elves, and specifically as part of the Highborn caste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Nah. Sure Tyrande was being a bitch about the Nightbornes actions (which wasn't exactly undeserved), but they could have stayed Neutral or not commited. For Thalyssra to then join up with the Horde for the attempted genocide and burning down the homeland of the same people that risked their lives (many loosing their lives) to save her people... that's where any justification goes out the window.

Thalyssra's head needs to roll.
    See, this is the part i take issue with.
    It's not like Liadrin went "BTW wanna BBQ some nelves? We're gonna light their tree on fire hee hee hee" they just joined the horde because they wanted the security of belonging to one of the worlds superpowers, so that their people could explore the world.

See, i actually agree with Tyrande that she's wary of them. But man, comparing her to queen azshara is a bit much. At least in my opinion. Like i said, there's probably not an elf alive that wants to be compared to her.
    Yohohoho

And then we have the plot of Before the Storm with this "Undead-Human-Relative Meeting" in Arathi. Anduin still mentions it, so it seems still important.

Some thoughts on the format changes in this build: https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1118198891575377920

Modelviewer is up to date with 8.2 stuff, said stuff will be unmissable as all the consecutive red stuff at the end of the list. Textures for creatures/items will be missing until I fix some tools (hopefully at the latest this weekend). Minimaps are delayed for a while as well due to the changes. No new music yet. Posting updates on things working or not in my Discord over the next few days as I can't be arsed to keep multiple places up to date but would rather just keep fixing things.

When someone posted Ashvanes model earlier it looked like a weird crab. I'm guessing they fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Some thoughts on the format changes in this build: https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1118198891575377920

Modelviewer is up to date with 8.2 stuff, said stuff will be unmissable as all the consecutive red stuff at the end of the list. Textures for creatures/items will be missing until I fix some tools (hopefully at the latest this weekend). Minimaps are delayed for a while as well due to the changes. No new music yet. Posting updates on things working or not in my Discord over the next few days as I can't be arsed to keep multiple places up to date but would rather just keep fixing things.
    Thanks Marlamin!

Thanks Marla!

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    For many Alliance players was really disheartening to see expansion-old allies (Highmountain and Nighborne) turn to the Horde because, as allied races were a new concept no one really expected that something like that could happen, especially in the case of Suramar, the questline was pretty emotional at times and we got involved in the characters' drama, so it was a natural path to feel betrayed that "they chose" (Blizzard decided) to side with the Horde.
    I mean to some degree that's the same but vice versa for the Horde PCs who helped the Army of the Light. I'm not arguing I would have wanted the Lightforged on the Horde merely that though the Horde player's did alot helping them they still sided with the Allies. I think this is really (if any of these races were planned during the plotting out of Legion) more about how having the Horde and Alliance stories be nearly the same for each campaign results in these head scratching about faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As Garrosh says, "Times change."

That Alliance was the same one that also persecuted the Blood Elves just for not being Human. Things are different these days, clearly.
    TBH, I feel at some point you have to throw lore out of the window, or Elves do seem somewhat brash..

Child BE: "Dad, why do we fight the Alliance?"
    BE: "Well son, once we were good allies and friends, but then there was this one dick called Garithos, who didn't trust working with us because for some reason he thought we were irrationally temperamental, violent and self-serving.
    Child BE: "Sooo.. we kill ALL of them now?"
    BE: "On sight son, on sight"
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    If you played their campaign, you would know that Thalyssra was born as one of the Night Elves, and specifically as part of the Highborn caste.
    And?

Being born into a group automatically means you're evil?
    Even though Thalyssra was part of the select group that insisted on not aiding Azshara in summoning demons?
    Defying another leader yet again when it comes to summoning demons, secretly creating a rebellion even?
    It's fine for Tyrande to just disregard this information, make assumptions and judge anyone because Azshara was powerhungry?
    They literally even evolved into a different species.

Atleast make clear what you're trying to get at.

New/Updated Brewfest assets!
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I do wonder what the catalyst will be for the Mechagnomes to tell the Horde to screw off. If Vulpera, Zandalari and Kul Titans are any indication they designed their questing so you didn't fall in love with the other factions race (at least not intentionally) but here we're back to neutral hubs.

What's going to be the dealbreaker for the rebel prince?

TBH, I feel at some point you have to throw lore out of the window, or Elves do seem somewhat brash..

Child BE: "Dad, why do we fight the Alliance?"
    BE: "Well son, once we were good allies and friends, but then there was this one dick called Garithos, who didn't trust working with us because for some reason he thought we were irrationally temperamental, violent and self-serving.
    Child BE: "Sooo.. we kill ALL of them now?"
    BE: "On sight son, on sight"
    It's too bad during BC the Blood Elves being temperamentally irrational wasn't explicitly depicted as an effect of their magic addiction. It would be funny for them to have even out/sobered up after the Sunwell was restored only to find themselves sort of stuck in the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I do wonder what the catalyst will be for the Mechagnomes to tell the Horde to screw off. If Vulpera, Zandalari and Kul Titans are any indication they designed their questing so you didn't fall in love with the other factions race (at least not intentionally) but here we're back to neutral hubs.

What's going to be the dealbreaker for the rebel prince?
    Well the Gnome Leader seems like a shady guy, who is a little bit to joyful about the Kings doing,but on the other side, we just have Gazlowe on the horde side, he is a good chap, but maybe Gallywix will fuck up cause of the couple, which is works in the alliance team.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Raid armor models are in:

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=291246/...ace-armor-sets

Hopefully there'll be a pant-version of the Mail set, but it seem as usual hunters get the most boring of the bunch :-/

Is there any animation of the new Thrall model?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    See, i actually agree with Tyrande that she's wary of them. But man, comparing her to queen azshara is a bit much. At least in my opinion. Like i said, there's probably not an elf alive that wants to be compared to her.
    She didn't directly compare her to Azshara, she asked something like "What guarantee do I have that you're not going to become the next Elisandre or the next Azshara?", which she had none.
    But anyway, enough off topic for me.