5+ Year Old Account
    i can't believe that blizzard is doing this.
    why we are having this plot AGAIN?

the funny thing is, we all knew exactly what was going to happen the moment warbringers sylvanas is out.
    but i think that is safe to say. this is the stupidest story that i ever seen. period.

i feel bad for everyone who cared about the characters involved in this mess including me... if this ends up like we are all expecting, then is the narrative death of the alliance and the horde. if we aren't already dead.
    top tier thrash.

8.2 looks promising but all the story twists and the future storylines seem to be awful. Dragons again? Why? Twilight Dragon flight? Aspects? I doesn't make any sense. We started with the really bad faction war plot then got over to the so-so N'zoth/Azshara storyline and after that dragons will be the main focus again?

I never imagined BfA's story could get worse but it seems so. And the totally uninspired Garrosh 2.0 story for Sylvanas is exactly what they didn't want to do.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    I'm having a blast reading this thread, it's amazing!! and IT'S HEREEEEEE!!!

I'm at work but it seems I will not be working a lot today having all that datamining to read and discuss
    You're not only one, so far in last 3hrs of my work I did nothing except catching up on the thread xD
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    i can't believe that blizzard is doing this.
    why we are having this plot AGAIN?

the funny thing is, we all knew exactly what was going to happen the moment warbringers sylvanas is out.
    but i think that is safe to say. this is the stupidest story that i ever seen. period.

i feel bad for everyone who cared about the characters involved in this mess including me... if this ends up like we are all expecting, then is the narrative death of the alliance and the horde. if we aren't already dead.
    top tier thrash.
    It will end up exactly as we're expecting it to. By all that is holy, why are the writers still employed? Why on earth were they allowed to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Someone said that Azshara has indeed death animation but in the end she justs lies on the floor defeated and still breaths. So she doesn't die? Can someone confirm it via modelviewer or something?
    Her model having a death animation doesn't mean a thing, she likely shares animations/the skeleton with other Naga NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It will end up exactly as we're expecting it to. By all that is holy, why are the writers still employed? Why on earth were they allowed to do this?
    Because PLAYERS kept shouting "We want the Faction War back!" So it got a last hurrah.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-17 at 09:31 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    You're not only one, so far in last 3hrs of my work I did nothing except catching up on the thread xD
    hahahaha I seriously need some kind of spell to advance time.

Did you read what I wrote? She has a unique death animation where she's lying around and still breathing instead of being dead.
    Indeed, you can see it in the model viewer here (the "dead" animation):

https://www.wowhead.com/news=283736/...del-animations

That's from a year ago, though, so things could have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Indeed, you can see it in the model viewer here (the "dead" animation):

https://www.wowhead.com/news=283736/...del-animations

That's from a year ago, though, so things could have changed.
    Still seems to be the same death animation in the current 8.2 PTR build: https://wow.tools/mv/?buildconfig=eb...820347&type=m2

Did you read what I wrote? She has a unique death animation where she's lying around and still breathing instead of being dead.
    Sorry I couldn't tell that from your secondhand description.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

And now we have a direct PTR proof

So...

Still, as much as I don't want Azshara to "just get killed", even this "lying and breathing" animation could mean anything, from this playing a few seconds before the cinematic starts, to an 'idle' loop during a Mythic-only phase where we fight off N'Zoth or his minions, before again the cinematic starts, during which she gets absorbed by N'Zoth to return the powers he gave her, which he requires to break free completely.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-17 at 11:04 AM.

Are the night elves even represented in the patch about their Nemesis? It seems like only Talyssra and the nightborne are. If that ends up being the case, I'll be pissed. Very pissed. I can't believe that not only the night elves can be left out of this huge narrative moment for them, but also that Blizzard again favored the Horde by giving them a night elf narrative and the only experience with the Azshara of old.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-04-17 at 11:50 AM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Are the night elves even represented in the patch about their Nemesis? It seems like only Talyssra and the nightborne are. If that ends up being the case, I'll be pissed. Very pissed. I can't believe that not only the night elves can being left out of this huge narrative moment for them, but also that Blizzard again favored the Horde by giving them a night elf narrative and the only experience with the Azshara of old.
    It's really strange. Any living elf today, in some way, is connected to Azshara and what she did back then. The Night Elves not being there is strange.
    Yohohoho

Are the night elves even represented in the patch about their Nemesis? It seems like only Talyssra and the nightborne are. If that ends up being the case, I'll be pissed. Very pissed. I can't believe that not only the night elves can being left out of this huge narrative moment for them, but also that Blizzard again favored the Horde by giving them a night elf narrative and the only experience with the Azshara of old.
    You'd think Prince Farondis would be around too, considering his history with Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    You'd think Prince Farondis would be around too, considering his history with Azshara.
    Can he and his ilk actually leave Azsuna though?
    If so, then yes. He should be involved.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Good call, I agree.

It's really vexing to see Jaina and Genn being the main Alliance characters this patch.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Can he and his ilk actually leave Azsuna though?
    If so, then yes. He should be involved.
    I actually didn't consider that. Hopefully, they can because it would be a nice conclusion to their story (even better if it ends with them being free).
    If they're involved at all I'll be happy, really.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-04-17 at 12:29 PM.

"The naga have been repelled for now, but more are sure to come.
    We can keep the brunt of her forces engaged here while our champions pursue Azshara.
    Shandris, Thalyssra, you know better than anyone what Azshara is capable of.
    Go with our champions. Help them find her.
    Good luck... to all of us."

We get Shandris at least!

I've been toying with the mechagnomes in the dressing room and they are very cool, I hope we get the Tinker class soon to make one.

Allied races really show how bad hairstyles and facial hair have aged since wod. Compare normal human hairstyles with kul tiran, old gnomes vs mechagnomes, or orcs vs maghar.

Good call, I agree.

It's really vexing to see Jaina and Genn being the main Alliance characters this patch.
    Shandris will be in Nazjatar according to the Azshara section of the 8.2 broadcast text on the MMO-Champion front page (she's name-dropped along with Thalyssra), so at least that's something.