Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. You're ignorance is through the roof.

This change doesn't hurt the 5%, it hurts the vast majority. I used to be part of the 1%, now I'm pretty much the definition of the casual player.

I have one main and 6 alts at 120. All of my alts sit at somewhere between 387 and 398, without seeing a real from inside. All they do is the weekly last wing of LFR for the mount, nothing else. I already only log in once a day, do the emissary and then stare at the character selection screen, being annoyed that there is nothing worth my time.

I won't try to find a heroic BoD pug for an hour, which then does 4 bosses and disbands, only for a chance of getting minor upgrades. I don't even consider doing normal because it rewards nothing that I need. So, what else is there for a casual player to do? Mount farming? Transmog farming? This only gets worse with the change and then the only option for many casual players is to quit.
    It is crazy how some people beliave that its elites what doesnt like this when in fact it is actual casual majority what hate this change. This people got their progression rip apart not mythic raiders. Some people live in such delusinal state they think casuals enyojs getting free gear for doing nothing and it keeps them playing rofl. No casual players will not keep playing your game just becouse you will rain welfare gear on them it actualy makes them quit.

Crucible of Storms releasing, time to increase emissary rewards to 395/400.

So Blizzard is saying that the majority of players doesn't raid mythic, which means they are either entirely or mostly invalidating everything the majority did for the past 3 months.

This pretty much means: 1 week 3 months after raid release = 3 months of progressing multiple hours a week

Why would any sane person choose to actually raid and invest that much more time when they can get the same rewards 3 months later without any effort by doing trivial content?
    And yet people are still asking why some people are waiting for classic! The answer is just above, I for one am done with the hamster wheel of changing gear faster than you can say jellybeansoup. It's just getting old, that the time you spend feeling powerfull is diminishing, and the joy of getting an upgrade is gone as you know it will be replaced within a couple of weeks. And before you knowing theres another expansion pack where we can start all over feeling like noobs, and dont get me started with the whole scaling of mobs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    It is crazy how some people beliave that its elites what doesnt like this when in fact it is actual casual majority what hate this change. This people got their progression rip apart not mythic raiders. Some people live in such delusinal state they think casuals enyojs getting free gear for doing nothing and it keeps them playing rofl. No casual players will not keep playing your game just becouse you will rain welfare gear on them it actualy makes them quit.
    I partially share your view. The gear incentive to do difficult, organized content has all but disappeared in this game. It was a powerful motivator for people to keep playing and apply in guilds. On the other hand I'm quite happy we can get players in MM raiding shape in two weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I wish people would stop this bullshit.

Stop invalidating other players based on your terrible performance in a game.

What you consider "requires time", i call it "You have no clue how to play this game and you are wasting your time online on pointless shit".

Because everyone can reach 410,3-4 months after from free handed out gear, suddenly "Its time based".

So i guess people farming 10-15s the first week the new item level scaling is out, they are doing it because of time, has nothing to do with the player, ITS SIMPLY TIME.

So if you had time, you would be farming 10-15s in 390-395 gear with the 4 traits only? right?

So someone thats doing 15s and gets a few WF/TF the first week and hits 410 ilvl the first week of the new items, before even Mythic raid is out if he so wishes because of his actual skill level, its all about time.

Come on already, these posts already derail because they are created by terrible players that have no clue about anything and you are getting mocked by your lack of knowledge.

There is a reason that when that Method Warlock posts on reddit every few months about "Whats wrong with the game" its taken more seriously than anything posted in between those months on the WoW reddit.

All these changes are made for people that are completely clueless to feel like they are moving in the game, if Blizzard removes catch up mechanics, you are gonna be stuck at 370 ilvl when the game is at 445, and you are gonna be crying about it again, as you did in Vanilla, as you did in TBC and as you did in WOTLK, where the first real catch up mechanics started that invalidated everything before the ICC dungeons.
    You’re horribly wrong but it’s little Easter and I’m going out with friends so I won’t waste time to reply to this bullsh1t.

Enjoy being carried while fapping on Method forum.

In previous expansions we had gear resets every ~18-24 months when the new expansion comes out.
    But now it's every 3 months.

Honestly, this game is essentially PvE Dota/LoL moba than an MMORPG with the only difference being 3 month matches instead of 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    RNG is RNG anyways, i remember going through whole content of firelands on my enhancement shaman with 0 agi axes dropped until the last reset. To me it doesn't matter which kind of RNG screws me over, but on the other hand we all remember how "cool" and rewarding tokens and badges felt...
    Got burned by old school rng myself. 6 months in kara without a ranged wep drop, no Madness of the Betrayer in Black Temple, and no Deathbringers Will in ICC

This is just bad. I'll just unsub until they realize they can't pull this shit. This isn't Diablo 3, if they want seasonal resets on gear they should just stick to Diablo 3. Mythic gear should've remained 340, mythic 10 gear should've remained at 370 and you should've needed to complete +15 for 400 gear to drop.

I have a 395 ilvl right now and I don’t raid or m+, not sure if upping the gear is needed but I welcome it so I have more to do I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I have a 395 ilvl right now and I don’t raid or m+, not sure if upping the gear is needed but I welcome it so I have more to do I guess.
    People like this is the reason we can't have good things. Farming same dailies over and over again for arbitrary numbers and having fun doing it.

Now don't get me wrong, you can have fun in your own way and there is nothing wrong with it, but why would developers change their game if there are enough people to do their checkmark activities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Extra incentive to keep all occupied. I don't mind this.

It's funny to me, that you say that you are enjoying WoW like it's some sort of mobile game.
    Funny how you think that is my preferred way of playing the game.
    The point is, if you're not doing the most efficient route, it feels bad.

You're free to google "Mechanar Syndrome" and how that has been a thing in WoW every now and then.

Do you remember farming for boes and ring rep tho? How braindead that was?
    I do but never engaged that sort of thing.
    Because farming the Ring to exalted was pointless during the first weeks as only the first four bosses of ICC was open for weeks.

And the reward was by no means in line with the effort, how many Marrowgar trash runs did it take to reach exalted? Talking about actual playtime here.
    Also, It's not like i could log off for days, do a single trash run and get a multitude of the same rep as those that did it a few weeks earlier.

That aside, that's a single item we're talking about, those BoE also could be bought off the AH so they're kinda moot anyway.

Your implication is that raids aren't progressing your character?
    If i can have equivalent gear from alternative sources, which are far more efficient, that kinda undermines an important part of the incentive to raid.

Wow is a game about playing your character and slaying dragons. With your way of thought you may as well call call of duty "a game about reloading your gun"
    Considering you start off leveling your character (which improves your character) and quests giving you gear (which improves your character) or Artifact power (which improves your character) and raiding giving you mostly Loot rather than cosmetic rewards, yeah, i would say WoW has a decent focus on improving your character.

It's the carrot on a stick behind quite a lot of things in WoW, been that way since its release.
    Unless you're into farming mounts or other cosmetic rewards such as from Island expedition, gear (or character power if we include the artifact system) remains pretty much the core progression system of WoW.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-04-22 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    People like this is the reason we can't have good things. Farming same dailies over and over again for arbitrary numbers and having fun doing it.

Now don't get me wrong, you can have fun in your own way and there is nothing wrong with it, but why would developers change their game if there are enough people to do their checkmark activities?
    We don’t know what’s on Blizzard’s metaphorical checklist though, they must have a reason to increase WQ/Emissary item level, maybe WQ participation is going down, maybe the number of subs of people who mostly do WQs is going down, Blizz isn’t making this change for no reason, but with Blizzard’s policy of not telling us those things, i doubt we’ll know for sure though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Funny how you think that is my preferred way of playing the game.
    The point is, if you're not doing the most efficient route, it feels bad.
    "Once i hit like 360+ i went into LFR once, then did a few M+0, for Azerite gear mostly and actually playing my character in a setting outside of WQ's, now that character just sits & waits for Emissaries each day.

Desire to raid on that character? next to none, why bother going into a raid if i can log in every once in a while and get equivalent loot."
    Your words - not mine. You basically log into the game to get your daily lootbox in hope to get free loot and call it "efficient", while obviously missing on dozen of other opportunities to get loot, like, you know, raiding or doing M+ or arena. It basically boils down to you not wanting to play wow and looking for an excuse to not play.

If i can have equivalent gear from alternative sources, which are far more efficient, that kinda undermines an important part of the incentive to raid.
    You keep repeating that having a chance to get a piece of loot each day is more efficient that raiding or M+, you know that it won't make it true, right?

Considering you start off leveling your character (which improves your character) and quests giving you gear (which improves your character) or Artifact power (which improves your character) and raiding giving you mostly Loot rather than cosmetic rewards, yeah, i would say WoW has a decent focus on improving your character.

It's the carrot on a stick behind quite a lot of things in WoW, been that way since its release.
    Unless you're into farming mounts or other cosmetic rewards such as from Island expedition, gear (or character power if we include the artifact system) remains pretty much the core progression system of WoW.
    Yes, and while you do all these things, you, in fact, slay dragons. You get better gear to slay bigger and badder dragons, and you get rewarded with access to bigger and badder dragons... i hope you get it at this point.

Anyways, each have his own goals in wow, maybe you was craving for items, but this item-based focus is not going to work in any "live" game, because it'll be constantly updated and stuff will get outdated because of it, gear is not an endgoal, gear are steps on the ladder for bigger challenge. You may disagree with me, but you can simply look at the game and see yourself that gear becomes less and less "sticky", since "content cycle" is way faster than it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

the treadmill keeps rolling

3 months from now

the gear will upgrade to 415

i think i had more fun in school my dudes

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Simple. You are not getting raid items which are the best items in the game.
    They aren't though. I have better gear than I can obtain from heroic raids, even in mythic raid there's very few upgrades unless I get lucky with warforge/titanforge or socket procs. Normal was irrelevant even at launch.

Crucible of Storms releasing, time to increase emissary rewards to 395/400.

So Blizzard is saying that the majority of players doesn't raid mythic, which means they are either entirely or mostly invalidating everything the majority did for the past 3 months.

This pretty much means: 1 week 3 months after raid release = 3 months of progressing multiple hours a week

Why would any sane person choose to actually raid and invest that much more time when they can get the same rewards 3 months later without any effort by doing trivial content?
    I have stated this many times... but there are staunch proponents of this system. They LOVE to be handed rewards for doing absolutely nothing...

If you are going to have some form of catchup, it should be in the last 2 months of an expansion to prepare for the next... or better yet no catch up at all. PLAY THE GAME. If it's you "main" you should have no issues getting dungeon geared for the next expansion... and if you raid mythic.. then WHEE you will have an easier time leveling... but by the time you hit max level you still will have replaced all your crap.

For alts, you should be able to get crafted gear from new expansion to get your toons decently geared to start leveling.

But no. Why? Ion... all there needs to be said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

I’m not doing them ever time they pop up though, just every so often.. honestly don’t get how me playing randomly and slowly getting my item level up equals to people not getting fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    But no. Why? Ion... all there needs to be said about it.
    I used to think Ghostcrawler was bad but Ion... That's another level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am aware that sometimes there are bonuses that aren't good for a class. But for majority of class, it has always been bonuses in raids that make you stand above. If you are comparing items individually, sure, they can seem to suck.
    What bonuses? There are no tier sets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you have any proof to support that claim ?

no you dont - but blizzard clearly do if they follow this gearing model strickly now in BfA.

finally people dont have to do content then despise because its the only viable source of gear.

win win for blizzard.

and if entitled elitest toxic people will leave - even better resoults.
    Sure, you can look at related WoW search terms and their size compared to previous expansions - BfA has fewer people searching for WoW-related terms than any other expansion - or the overall player feedback for BfA, specifically regarding gear and the gearing systems. The only people who seem to be on-board with the current systems are people who feel entitled to gear they haven't worked for, or people being intentionally obtuse.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    I used to think Ghostcrawler was bad but Ion... That's another level.

- - - Updated - - -

What bonuses? There are no tier sets.
    Ion isn't a game designer. Sorry he just isn't.

He's a lawyer who twists words and blames the players for the faults of the game rather than realising as the man at the helm of the game the buck stops with him.

I've had the displeasure of meeting him once at Blizzcon and he's just as arrogant in person towards WoW as he is during interviews. That's not a criticism of him as a person. Just as his capacity of a game developer. I'm sure outside of Blizzard he's a nice person. But he's just not the person to be at the helm of WoW.

And it's the problem within Blizzard and a few other game companies these days. "Devs" who aren't actually gamers, have no idea how to interact with the people playing their products and don't give a damn about a quality product.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-22 at 12:07 PM.