Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Did you actually watch Limit in MDI? Judging by their display I would say their raiding team would be improved by not having those 5 players present.
    You understand Limit has players on more teams then just the one labeled Limit right? Hell, they have one on Method NA. They where missing about 10 total players from the MDI, including both of their main tanks. Also acting like MDI success correlates to progression raiding in anyway is lol worthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    For this tier tournament realm would probably matter very little as gear is not an issue unless they decided to give teams a time limit. Like I mean sure maybe method could be able to stack more shamans if they were on tourney realm but here in this tier gear is not game changing since they had such a long period of time to prep and the raid does not reset the gear in any way
    This isn't a tier, it's a 2 boss mini raid. While it's true a tournament realm run would not hurt the scene much on this particular 2 boss raid, it's not even comparable to an actual new tier releasing. When the Azshara raid unlocks on mythic it's gear is gonna be 445(heroic at 430) with a 455 ilvl cap likely. Like literally the heroic loot will be above loot cap from previous season. Taking away the gearing portion of world first raiding would make it about as interesting as watching paint dry since you could endlessly class stack with no effort required to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As usual, people will claim that nobody cares and BAM..we have 500+ replies :P

But yeah...a 2 boss raid seems underwhelming to write much about. I wonder if Limit would even be all out happy if they won. People will claim that the final raid tier is what counts
    People care when it shows to be a challenge. And it shows to be a challenge, since the best teams in the world have not yet managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    People care when it shows to be a challenge. And it shows to be a challenge, since the best teams in the world have not yet managed.
    I completely agree. I fail to see how it's supposed to not be a "real raid* just because it has less bosses. It's not like the past few there everything besides the last boss dies in 1 day or 2 days. I find it much more interesting from a spectator point of view to see the guilds race for boss #1 and boss #2 actually seein them optimise strategies on the first one than to see them do 9 10 pull bosses before they get to an actual challenge even if both take the same amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Did you actually watch Limit in MDI? Judging by their display I would say their raiding team would be improved by not having those 5 players present.
    Limit doesn't do M+ on the same level most of those teams do with the exception of their guild member Lightee who plays for Method NA.

They do however raid on a higher level than most. It's not fair to compare MDI performance to raiding performance. MDI is ALOT more fast paced than raiding.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

So lots of guilds streaming. What's the best attempt on Uu'nat so far?

Battle for Dazar'alor was a 1 boss raid. Every other boss died in average 5 pulls and was literally only there for roleplaying purposes. Crucible of the Storms is a 2 boss raid, where the total wipe count is gonna far exceed the total wipe count of Battle for Dazar'alor for all the guilds on the front page. I fail to see how Crucible is not a real tier or how it is a "mini" tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaira View Post
    Battle for Dazar'alor was a 1 boss raid. Every other boss died in average 5 pulls and was literally only there for roleplaying purposes. Crucible of the Storms is a 2 boss raid, where the total wipe count is gonna far exceed the total wipe count of Battle for Dazar'alor for all the guilds on the front page. I fail to see how Crucible is not a real tier or how it is a "mini" tier.
    Be nice, Limit spent 18 hours pulling Stormwall Blockade for their first kill. Only a little bit less time than Restless Cabal.

https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us.../rating.tier23

Oh, people like to set up their own rules what counts and not. Go into any thread about content, and somebody will tell you that there is no content, because "reasons". Apparently dailies are not content, because they more or less are a repeat of quests you did while levelling. By that logic, a boss in a raid or 5 man stops being content once you killed him on any difficulty..and so on.

Just like people claimed that 10 man raids did not "count". Maybe a 2 man raid does not feel like a "real race". There is no constant excange at the top through catch ups or changing the order in which you attempt bosses etc.

Then again...even the 8 or 10 boss raids usually have 90% of them "one-shotted" on the first day or two and then the last couple is where guilds get stuck....well...until the reset....
    Do not others weird perceptions decide your own enjoyment. If you perceive something as content, play it - if not, dont play it. If you perceive something as hard and enjoy following it (as posting in this thread shows), acknowledge it is hard, and ignore any weird naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    You could get the Helya cutting edge during Nighthold so if this is like ToV you can get Uu'nat cutting edge during Azshara raid as well. So no need to nerf them "to the ground".
    I’m not sure if that’s going to happen here though. It could, but in legion we had EN>ToV>NH, now we have Uldir>BoD>crucible>palace. I’m pretty sure they said crucible is a continuation of BoD, which means it’s likely CE will go away with patch 8.2.

Could be wrong though and I kinda hope I am but I don’t think it’s likely.

Oh, people like to set up their own rules what counts and not.
    Which is clearly ridiculous as we all know it's only Bozzle rules that count

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I’m not sure if that’s going to happen here though. It could, but in legion we had EN>ToV>NH, now we have Uldir>BoD>crucible>palace. I’m pretty sure they said crucible is a continuation of BoD, which means it’s likely CE will go away with patch 8.2.

Could be wrong though and I kinda hope I am but I don’t think it’s likely.
    This would mean that Uu'nat Cutting Edge will be available for less than 3 months, which wouldn't even be enough to fill the hall of fame - at least not without brutal nerfs to both him and Cabal. Granted, the 8.2 neck abilities will be a huge buff, but the raid is supposedly going live shortly afterwards, so that might give a reset or two of said buff - not very long.

Method currently have 0 shadow priests and 9 warlocks. Wondering if ppl still approve the shadow priest nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Method currently have 0 shadow priests and 9 warlocks. Wondering if ppl still approve the shadow priest nerf.
    The setup has nothing to do with the SP nerf. The spriest nerf was fine, everyone expected a bigger nerf.
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2019-04-29 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    This would mean that Uu'nat Cutting Edge will be available for less than 3 months, which wouldn't even be enough to fill the hall of fame - at least not without brutal nerfs to both him and Cabal. Granted, the 8.2 neck abilities will be a huge buff, but the raid is supposedly going live shortly afterwards, so that might give a reset or two of said buff - not very long.
    Yeah that’s a good point. That’s good honestly, they probably don’t need to nerf it outside of the neck in 8.2 at that point then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Be nice, Limit spent 18 hours pulling Stormwall Blockade for their first kill. Only a little bit less time than Restless Cabal.

https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us.../rating.tier23
    No they didn't spend 18 hours. They had to sleep for a large portion of that time. They had already spent the entire day raiding and killing 7 other bosses so naturally they would have to sleep eventually for 8 + hours while Method was just starting to raid in Europe. They spent roughly the same amount of wipes as Method give or take a dozen or so.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-04-29 at 04:38 PM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Shadow priests were pumping on dps yesterday. They switched to lock because of survivability, they can use demonic circle to dodge taking stacks from the beams. It's the overlaps around 25% that they keeping wiping to, so that's probably the main reason, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaira View Post
    This is such a precise observation. We hit enrage on our very first pull, because people couldn't die when they didn't have the debuff
    multiple guilds (including WC Gaming) made it to enrage even using the damage debuff extensively on their first day of progress, some within the first few hours. it is a 50 pull boss for most guilds without the very tight enrage timer.

Watched last couple Sco tries, damn does this look turbo difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    multiple guilds (including WC Gaming) made it to enrage even using the damage debuff extensively on their first day of progress, some within the first few hours. it is a 50 pull boss for most guilds without the very tight enrage timer.
    Except all the top guilds took well over 100 tries.

Because Locks have more survivability and can avoid the eye beams with Demonic Circle, and the beams + Lunacy overlap is what keeps wiping them, and fairly early into the phase as well.

Method is at 500 pulls now and not even close to a kill, so this is probably the hardest boss since Mythic KJ. I assume the CE achievement will survive into 8.2 and end at the same as time as the Eternal Palace raid, otherwise very few people will get it. I'm certain that, unless the entire raid gets nuked from orbit, we won't even see the Hall of Fame being filled before Azshara is a boss.